Shawl Updates and What YOU Are Knitting

Jul 23, 2007

My own weekend knitting

Last Friday, I innocently asked what was on your needles...and oh my goodness. Do you people ever SLEEP? What's your secret for getting housework done? Do you do laundry online? The sheer number of projects y'all are working on was stunning. I did a rough count, and of the 125 folks who mentioned a project, about half of you are working on more than one project at once. Shawls/stoles were by far the most popular type of project (46 knitters making those); socks were in second place (35). Then came short-sleeved tanks/tees (23), and afghans/home items (18). The next most popular group was cardigans (16), baby items (15), pullovers (12), and bags (11).

I feel strangely compelled to give a congratulatory shout-out to Rosy, who said that she just finished knitting "a pink and black outfit" for her cat, Rascal. The congratulations are for both of the parties involved: to Rascal, for being calm enough to wear a knitted garment; and to Rosy, for having the chutzpah to even conceive of knitting an outfit for a cat. (Do I want to see a photo? I'm not really sure.)

So you can see by the picture above how my weekend knitting went...how about yours?

The Icelandic Lace Shawl

Icelandic Lace Shawl: Corrections and Updated Yarn Info

The Icelandic Lace Shawl pattern appears to be a big hit! Several of you asked to see a "full-length" photo of the shawl. Unfortunately, the photo at right was all we had in the archives. However, Sarah has a photo on her blog of the one she did a couple of years ago, in lovely shades of grey, green, blue, and purple. Beautiful job, Sarah!

Anyone else out there have a photo of a finished Icelandic Lace Shawl they would like to share? Someone in the Lacy Shawl group, perhaps? Email me and let me know if you do!

Pattern correction: Please note that sharp-eyed Mary J. of the comments has already found an error in the symbol key for the charts on page 5. The correction is on the pattern information page in red, and the PDF has been updated as of today (7/23). You might want to either mark your copy or download the updated PDF.

Yarn Amounts: There was confusion over the yarn amounts listed for the shawl. The first reference ("100% wool; 2240 yd [2048 m]/16 oz [454 g]") is NOT how much yarn is required for the shawl; it is simply how many yards-per-pound are on the standard one-pound cone. Read a bit further and you will see a smaller amount designated for each color (3.5 oz natural white, for example). You can convert this into approximate yardage with a little math. (2240 yd/lb divided by 16 oz/lb = 140 yd/oz; 3.5 oz times 140 yd/oz = 490 yd natural white; and so on.)

I've put yardage equivalents for each color on the pattern info page, as well as the total amount needed if you are making the shawl all one color. And I included the metric equivalents for our international knitters as well!

Coming up: I've got some blocking tips based on your comments from Friday's post! Plus, results of the Lace Survey. You can still answer the question "What kind of lace knitter are you?" if you haven't yet responded.

Some of you are probably wondering why I'm asking so many questions. Well...we have a gadzillion patterns in our Interweave archives, and I'm trying to figure out the sorts of patterns y'all like to knit, so Knitting Daily can give you more of what you want! I mean, it would be silly to give you tea cozy patterns if what you really wanted were more patterns for sweaters for your cat.   Knitting Daily is for YOU. Let us know what you think!

Sandi Wiseheart is the founding editor of Knitting Daily. She is now the author of the popular Knitting Daily blog: What's on Sandi's Needles.

Knitting Lace: Knitting Daily Presents 7 Free Knitted Lace Patterns

Are you addicted to lace knitting? Or maybe you've admired some of the gorgeous knitted lace patterns out there and want to give lace knitting a try? Here are seven of Interweave's top knitted lace patterns, gathered together in one FREE ebook for you.

Whether you are a first time lace knitter, or a seasoned expert, you'll enjoy the timeless beauty of knitting lace. Get these stunning projects that will continue to inspire, and be loved for generations to come. You'll want to make every one of these lace patterns, so download your free eBook now and get started (and don't forget to tell a friend so they can enjoy their own copy!)

Download Your Free Lace Patterns Today

Comments

KarenP@5 wrote
on Oct 27, 2007 8:26 PM
I just love the Icelandic Shawl pattern. But I sure could use some advice. I just took up spinning and there is no way I am going to be able to spin yarn this fine. Right now I am spinning baby alpaca and I will probably only get 160 yards out of 8 ounces. That would be a two ply yarn. Is it possible to change needle size or the pattern in order to use my own yarn. I haven't picked up needles in twenty years. But I used to be pretty good. But I'd rather not monkey with the pattern without some advice.When a sister of mine found out I was spinning she promptly put in an order for a shawl. So I would like to do this for her for Christmas.Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks,Karen
KarenR@3 wrote
on Aug 3, 2007 6:43 PM
A bit late in posting, but here goes: 1) Fiber Trends' Shoalwater Shawl, done in a variegated brushed wool; 2) the second square of the Great American Aran Afghan, done in cashmere; and 3) Leisure Arts'
Donnaspins wrote
on Aug 2, 2007 11:48 AM
I love your site and just wanted to put my two cents worth in on what is my needles right now,, I am making a holder for a bottle of water. It was supposed to be a cell phone carrier but I altered the pattern just a bit. This is my first try at cable knitting. I am also making my Granddaughters sweaters for Christmas and a sweater for myself. I have to get a couple of these done before I even LOOK at any new projects,,, well maybe looking would be ok..... LOL
DianeD@2 wrote
on Aug 1, 2007 4:04 PM
Love, love, love this website! I'm a very new knitter, I've only done very easy projects so far but an eager but scared to try something a little harder. I'm almost finished with a garter stitch poncho for my little girl, easy knitting but it will be my first project with pieces to be sewn together. I've got a ribbed scarf to finish, and I started an afghan but don't like the pattern so I'm going to frog it and start something new.
MelissaI wrote
on Jul 31, 2007 5:27 PM
I;m working on socks and two sweaters. Love your blog, you are hilarious and insightful. Oh, and a beautiful knitter. Thanks again!
MyrnaB wrote
on Jul 30, 2007 6:47 PM
Qyestion on the Icelandic shawl from a fairly new knitter.The pattern of p1, k2 ppso- Is it one knit stitch to pass the purl over over or pass over two knit stitches? Thanks
RebeccaL@2 wrote
on Jul 27, 2007 12:07 PM
I am knitting a second sock from Favorite socks, the lace cuff one, but in regia cotton surf with a couple of little mods. Also the second sock for my very large son our of OnLine, basic sock recipe. Then there's a triangular shawl for a new mom in a simple lace pattern, a poncho/shawl/I'm not sure what it is knitted sideways and shaped at the shoulders and neck with short rows out of skeins and skeins of Manos. Then there's the baby alpaca sweater I'm frogging because it was too small. That one has colorwork across the chest, just above the bottom ribbing and the cuffs in a little pattern I found in a book on Anatolian sock patterns. And then there's a hat I started for me out of the Tams book, its somewhere. It's in Koigu.
There's a Round Trip sweater I made out of Noro that hasn't fit for the second time. It sits in the basket looking at me. I'm not sure if I'll just give it to someone tiny or figure out what to do to make it fit someone who wears a true size 14 (me). That one made me mad. Its a cool pattern for the Noro but the directions were soooo off.
Rebecca, in Moab UT
AdcockJ wrote
on Jul 27, 2007 9:22 AM
Oh it's so good to read about what everyone is doing, learning and sharing! :~) On my needles I have 2 pairs of lace socks in progress, a pair of socks in progress for my DH, 2 pairs of socks for soldiers in progress, the doctors bag from the book "Knit 2 Together" and what's calling me like a siren's song is the lace wgt alpaca cloud from KnitPicks. I want to make the lace shrug in the same book as the doctors bag as well as the icelandic shawl. I figure that's my carrot to finish my other projects. I have to at least get the socks for soldiers done before I start anything else! I just love lace, shetland lace, Russian lace, arctic lace in all kinds of apparel! Someday I want to make a naughty set of lace stockings, even though I'm getting past the age of wearing them, in public anyway, lol
Juli A.
on Jul 26, 2007 8:16 PM
I have a pair of socks almost finished, another pair started, and a vest to finish. I really want to do the icelandic shawl this winter.
Ive mostly knitted socks and hats, a shawl(EZimerman PI shawl) Looking forward to more patterns and reading more on this website.
Beth
AnneB wrote
on Jul 26, 2007 12:03 PM
UFO's - A Dragon Scarf that needs eyes and tassle 'smoke'. Several hand bags that need to be felted. I changed the handle on the small bag pattern that I got when I signed up. Three I-cords braided.
On My Needles - An Irish fisherman's sweater for my husdand. The Wedding Afghan in blue alpaca,silk, and merino wool. The wedding is in Novermber and I have one of four panels done. At least two pairs of socks - one with beads one without.
In planning stages - Converting the Dragon scarf to a Stegasaurs and a Godzilla scarf.
StacyB wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 4:32 PM
I just ordered the yarn for the Icelandic Shawl. I'm so excited to start it. It will end up being a gift for my boyfriend's mother. Hopefully in time for Christmas!
TaraR wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 3:02 PM
For those of you wondering who is writing Knitting Daily, Click the "About Knitting Daily" link at the top of this page and scroll down to "Meet the Knitting Daily Team," and look at the picture of Sandi. She is your lovely host here at Knitting Daily. ;0)
WendyH wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 12:01 PM
I've got a couple of projects on some needles (lace scarf with beads, and 2 different pairs of socks). I can't figure out how to knit more and still have somewhat of a orderly house and barn ( I have alpacas and llamas). Perhaps hire cleaning ladies??? Only in my dreams! Love this site and reading everyone's comments. What a hoot!
Deborah N wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 10:39 AM
My current project is frustation, I had to rip out my Tomato sweater (by the way it was a beautiful shade of Shrimp) because of a sudden change in my guage which i did not pay attention too! So I got past the stripe and noticed that it would not even fit by daughter, it was so much fun to knit in the round I just kept on going.
Deborah N wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 10:39 AM
Shannon@2 wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 8:46 AM
Thanks so much for sharing with all of us. I really enjoy the humor, the photos, and the general knitting goodness.
SaraJ wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 4:13 AM
Dagnabbit! It's on my blog.
SaraJ wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 4:02 AM
I tackled something I was intimidated by (now I wonder why?%^&?) and did it! The swatch, that is, but it's a large swatch (13 x 4.5 or so, maybe). But I wanted the middle of the pattern to have a wave on each side that was fully "pulled" how they'd be in the full pattern, by half a pattern on either side of them. So, large swatch. And it's lace. And I fell in love with the yarn (altho I suspect it won't pool in such convenient but not harsh "stripes" in the main project, darnit). And it's on my href="http://inkandscrap.blogspot.com/2007/07/swatch-me-im-waving-at-you.html">blog. (Swatch Me, I'm Waving at You!)&login
Eharper wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 1:22 AM
... I hate it when it cuts me off like that. Wonder what I am doing wrong?
As I was asking -- has anyone tried any of the "Twinkle Big City Knits" patterns? I got the yarn and book for my birthday. I started my project tonight and ended up giving up in frustration. Has anyone else had this trouble? I'm not an expert knitter, but I'm not a novice either and the pattern doesn't look tough. Anyway, just looking for some solace :)I will try again tomorrow after a good night's sleep...
Erin from AZ
Eharper wrote
on Jul 25, 2007 1:16 AM
I would like to see more patterns with raglan shaping. It's nice not to have to set in and knit the shoulder seam. PS -- Has anyone tried any of the "Twinkle big city knits" patterns? I got the book and yarn for my birthday and I started to knit tonight and gave up in frustration. I'm not an expert but not a novice either. I didn't think it was going to be a particularly tough pattern. Anyone run into the same trouble? Perhaps I will try again in the morning after a good night's sleep...
BrendaO wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:55 PM
Thank you for Knitting Daily! I love reading what everyone else is working on. I, too, have a bunch of projects going, but the major one is the Collared Tank from KnitSimple S/S 07. I am a crocheter of 15 years but a new knitter, and this will be my first finished knit project! I'm super excited. I am also working on the Simplicity Top in the Spring 07 Interweave Crochet.
AdrienneS wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:29 PM
Sandi- Obviously housework & laudry took a back seat this weekend for your knitting! Great job!! It looks gorgeous! In my house, housework & laundry always take a backseat to knitting. You need to set your priorities, right? And bring on the cat in the pink & black outfit! We could all use some comedy!!
SirBrunhilda wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:26 PM
Wow, I am truly impressed with how much you completed for your weekend knitting. I got about four inches done on my Weekend Pullover (from IK Fall 2006). I am really enjoying the lace and cables combination in this pattern. I also made a couple of dish cloths as a farewell gift for a retiring co-worker. On the needles I have fair isle pullover (of my own design) for my spouse; and a silk blend summer top worked in the round that is almost done. I am also crocheting a skirt in Luster Sheen, which is nearly done as well. BTW, I too am making a sweater for my kitty. He isvery sensitive to the cold and loves the blankets that I made last winter. I am sure he will love his sweater.
Denise~ wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 5:07 PM
I'm working on multiple projects too.
OTN
MS3 lace wt alpaca off white
Notre Dame de Grace organic wool from Full Belly Farm
Toe Up socks in Louet Gems indigo color for my partner's father
Basic navy pullover for Christopher (my partner) This is the project that gets the least effort - it's just boring to knit.

I'm enjoying every minute of Knitting Daily thanks for the joy!
CherylH wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 4:58 PM
I am working on a lace sweater. just finished the back. Blocked in on a grided cutting board(sewing), using pearl cotton on the straight edges, so as not so many pins. Cam out great
KarenO wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 4:39 PM
Mary F is right about the Islandic Shawl.
The chart is correct. If you follow the written instructions, you end up reducing the amount of stitches by 1/3rd in the 6th row and then by 1/3rd of that again in the 8th row. In row 13, it is obvious that there shouldn't have been any decreases at all up to this point. So,"p1, k2, ppso" SHOULD be "p1, k1, ppso". Same in rows 42, 44, 52, 54, and border rows 3, and 5.
Ilook forward to getting Knitting Daily every day!!
Karen in Winnipeg
sulitk wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 3:16 PM
I too am knitting the Bonsai Tunic (from IW Knits Spring '07) which I started July 22 and am up to the arm decreases. But I am also working MS3 and have completed 250 rows and have about 171 left for clue 4 since I am adding length. Yours looks gorgeous. Mine is in blue.
TamaV wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 3:08 PM
I love what you are working on!! I just finished a shawl for my mother-in-law and I have been working on a pair of Turkish socks that I absolutely Love!!! The pictures are all posted on my blog. twistedharefiberarts.blogspot.com
PamelaC wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 3:03 PM
I love your weekend knitting...tank top? It's gorgeous!!!
As for me, I'm re-doing my studio with a total makeover for knitting only. Selling some of my library of art books (painting, drawing, etc.) so I can shelve my knitting books and magazines, painting the walls, putting up shelves and a new drapery on the window. Also in the works are plans on obtaining a couple of mannequins...I'd love to have some wicker busts but don't know where to find them...to display clothing projects and best of all (drumroll here) I am going to begin working on my Master Knitter program!!!! Hopefully by the time I retire from my day job (elementary school registrar) I'll have that in my knitterly little hands!!!!
Oh yeah, I'm also signed up for the Wheat Ear Cable Sweater KAL....can't wait to finish that one!!!!
I love Knitting Daily and look foreward to each post!
Cheers!!
Pam
KathyC@2 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 2:57 PM
I love the Icelandic lace shawl. My question is, do you think it would work well with Zepher, ie, lace weight instead of fingering? Kathy in Tucson, Az
ElanorS wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 2:53 PM
I think it's so cool that you guys actually read all of the comments we post. ^_^

I'm currently knitting a wrap-around vest that I'm making up a pattern for myself, ( ^_^)v, and I'm thinking of starting the icelandic shawl even though I have too many UFO's around the house to even begin counting. lol

As for stuff I'd like to see in the future...do you think you could do something on Japanese patterns? I know there's tons of stuff out there already but I'd like to read more. ^_^
LisaS@8 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 2:34 PM
Because I'm usually up by 5:30 in the morning, I find time to knit for an hour or so before everyone starts getting up. The laundry gets done daily and the house is clean "enough"

WHAT is that adorable top you are currently knitting- I MUST have the pattern. Since I've only got two projects going and they are pretty easy, I'm up for something more challenging!
Caseyb wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 1:40 PM
Love your blog! You asked what we want... more of the same and a lot of variety of topics.

I always have about 3 projects going on, but if I get over 4 or 5 I get anxious and need to finish something! I just finished a cabled scarf from an impulsive buy of baby alpaca to calm my "too many projects" anxiety. On the needles... I'm working on a Rowan short sleeve top, Tulip. An entralac shawl - my first foray into entralac after learning at a knitting retreat, and a lace seaman's scarf started at the same retreat.

Unfortunately, knitting comes last after the housework and job, but what's so great about knitting is, you can just pull it out for one or two rows if that's all you can do.
MistyY wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 1:03 PM
I'm catching up on all the Knitting Daily posts sent while I've been on vacation, so I have a few random thoughts that I'll include all in one comment:

Thanks for the revised Charm cardigan pattern (with the schematics included). I really like schematics - sometimes that's all the directions I need since I usually use a different yarn and or gauge than a pattern specifies.

For blocking, I use a large folding cardboard cutting board that can be purchased in any fabric store for less than $10. These boards open up to about 38" x 74" and are gridded in inches. I covered the entire surface with clear plastic laminating film from the grocery store to make the board water resistant. It's very easy to pin into and stays very flat while my knits dry. I probably wouldn't put really sopping wet items on it, but I don't block my knits in that wet a stage anyway.

What's on my needles right now? A vest for my mother based on the Dineh Vest from Folk Vests, by Vickie Square. I'm using a beige colour of Berocco Yarn's Touche as the background, and a variety of leftover yarns in varying textures and shades of teal/sea green for the patterning.
nckingery wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 12:33 PM
I do laundry daily, keep my house clean but lived in, garden, care for a son with multiple disabilities (a 24 hour job), exercise daily, cook meals. No wonder I have been working on the same lace shawl for 6 months.
SomerW wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 11:45 AM
I totally want to see a picture of that cat!

Over the weekend I finished a baby blanket and hat and half of a pair of booties. I have to finish the other bootie today so I can wrap them all. I also worked on three different knit-along dishcloths, and a little bit on a set of coasters made of the kitchen cotton. I am 4 1/2 rows away from completing the skirt I started last spring from Vogue knitting. Its the tiered red one at the back of the issue, only mine is a really, really dark teal. And I'm a good ways into the Venezia dress that is a free pattern from the Tahki Stacey Charles website. I'm an ADD knitter.
KathyL wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 11:39 AM
I am absolutely amazed with speed in which you appear to knit! Wish I could do that..How about a shrug pattern for us "big girls"? Am not a size 16 but also am not a size 9. I'd love to make one but am afraid I will end up looking like a stuffed animal! Any suggestions out there?
JeanneC wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 11:36 AM
I wasn't avialable to comment last Friday. but I am like everybody else. I have about six projects I am currently knitting. Just finished a chemo hat for a 5year old. Working on four different sweaters. Two with cables (two daughters) and am actually knitting a sweater for myself if it fits.
PatH@3 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 11:22 AM
The Icelandic Shawl is beautiful, but at the moment I am crocheting a watch cap for a grandson, and am working on a scarf using the Fibonacci Method. I saw it on Knitty Gritty, and wanted to make one DIY is the place to get the pattern, and instructions.
Its going to be pretty.
Pat
pkhamriang wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 11:04 AM
Hi, I've been waiting for your revised Tomato Top pattern with bust dart. I'm not sure if I missed the pattern somewhere. I like your revised version much better than the original one. Thanks.
Ning Ridenoure
KarenBehr wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 10:53 AM
Thank you for pointing out the yarn amount conversions on the website for the Icelandic Shawl. I've printed it out and was trying to figure out yardage and find some appropropriate yarn at my LYS. I also appreciate the note about the correction...I hope to start knitting it soon!
LiseP wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 10:41 AM
Hello. I love your newsletter. I may made some mistake, I am french(Quebec) but I knit in english. Actually I am finishing a crochet shawl and I always have a pair of sock waiting for me, addick about socks, they are so easy to cary everywhere to knit, and then so comfortable.
LindaR@2 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 10:09 AM
It's more like what is on my hook at the moment. I am working out some crocheted bookmarks for my son's teachers for the coming holiday season. I hear your groans. If I do not accomplish this soon, it will not be completed! I am enjoying some of the new novelty yarns.
RobinK@2 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:56 AM
Your Bonsai Tunic is looking great, its definitely going in my ravelry queue. Talk about not getting any housework done (Laundry Online...can that be a part of Knitting Daily, too??)!!

Right now I've got a few things on my needles: I've been slogging on the BSAlpacas Alpaca & Silk Shrug for several months and I'm almost done, my first couple pairs of socks (umm...can you say addicted, I haven't even finished my first sock let alone pair and I've got 2!), branching out scarf from Knitty.com, and I'm waiting for hubby to pick a scarf out of IK's Scarf Style to start on that. I think thats it!!
CarmenV wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:35 AM
I am knitting the Bella Blouse in light purple. I am a total novice at reading charts, so that was new. I knitted the body in the round and am nearly at the armholes. I have little time to knit, so this is a whole-summer project. I also weave, and have a long rag rug warp on my big Glimakra loom. The rug of the moment is pale turquoise and deeper turquioise-purple-blue-black checkerboard. (Otherwise, I work full time, garden, sing and volunteer to teach English. This may explain my slow progress on the Bella blouse.)
KimJ wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:31 AM
Let's see, I'm currently working on the long sleeve hoodie with crochet details from the Blue Sky folks, a pair of Loksin socks in Jitterbug, Tulip (a lovely wrap sweater from a past issue of the Rowan magazine) which is blocking, a lacey cardigan in rowan wool/silk that is also blocking, and I think that's it. I love love love summer sweaters, since I live in AZ and it's hot hot hot hear most of the year, lighter summer weight sweaters work all year round. And cardigans are great for taking into the restaurants and shops which insist on cranking the a/c down to arctic levels to make up for the heat outside. I'd love to see more of those typs of patterns!
CathyS wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:29 AM
I thought it was interesting to see what other knitters are working on. When I leave for vacation later this week, I plan on taking a summer shortsleeve pullover, a pair of socks, and a cardigan for my daughter. I will not finish anything yet,but the variety is fun.
ConnieB wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:17 AM
I thought everyone had several projects going! I've got a shawl, a sock, a crocheted jacket, and a crochet blanket going. I switch depending on if I need to talk or to concentrate.
HeidiW@3 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:17 AM
Of the many things on my needles, I am almost done with the body of my first sweater which is also my first "design", first colorwork, and first steek... I am gearing up for cutting the neck steek next week before I move across the country and away from my knitting support group...clearly, knitting so is more important than packing!! :-) any tips?
GeriP wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:12 AM
I still can't change my password from the original, darnit, not puter idiot and followed info on FAQS, did email previously to no avail. Love Knitting Daily, you all are AMAZING and thank you so much for this service. Started my own tomato in royal purple cotton fleece from Lambs Pride. On hold until bust dart info comes through, no problem, 3 other projects going including the mindless Harry Potter scarf for dear friend by request. Work at a call center, so at least three stripes a day between calls, lol I save the "thinking projects" for at home when I'm not trying to negotiate account challenges. Where IS the pattern for the beautiful sweater that just came off your needles. Lace novice, but becoming a bold flyer and figuring out ways to keep track of patterns. Any readers who have good tricks for keepting track very much appreciated. Thanks for your time!
LindaF@3 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:08 AM
Yes, Harry Potter rules! He took most of my weekend up starting with Friday at midnight.
LindaF@3 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:07 AM
Kris N. Your wallaby and knitted sweater with a pouch sounds interesting. Is there a pattern?
MegB wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:00 AM
So what am I not knitting? In the Vicodin haze after a gnarly root canal I was compelled to start some lace in that started out with the lovely flower in MS's "Gathering". (I know, sick!)My favorite mindless knitting is the cables in an Alice Starmore's Inishmaan, and I have all this gorgeous Kureyon for a Lizard Ridge aghan, but I keep thinking "why am I not making myself a sweater out of all of these wonderful colors?" I think I have to design my own, and that has my knitting sort of stymied.. And then there is the jaywalking sock, the one and only, waiting for it's mate. Hmm. I guess I don't have any fair isle going. Well I will have to get right on that. Oh goodie, I get to start something new.
JuliaK wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 9:00 AM
A quick note to CathyAnn--the most important part of steeking is the glass of wine you have before you cut. Trust me, it works!
LindaF@3 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 8:59 AM
does anyone work? I have little time to knit but I try to use every minute I can. When I am traveling I try and knit but sometimes I get car sick so.....
Anyway, I have a new grand daughter coming soon.... and she will need a new sweater or something for fall and winter. I have made 3 baby blankets so far this summer for three pregnant relatives. I am also fitting in the tomato. I hope it fits. with all your wonderful suggestions and posts I think it will. I also have a pair of socks on needles so there are many projects to finish. I would like to start something lacy soon...
I love knitting daily
Knit on!!!!
sunshine1977 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 8:36 AM
Other than a few long-term projects, I have a couple of pairs of socks on the needles and am also working on the Lana Grossa Babykid shawl, using Sidar Blur.

Thanks for such a great newsletter - I love IK and love getting my daily dose! Keep up the fantastic work!
AimeeTurner wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 8:28 AM
Your Bonsai looks a lot different than the Bonsai on the lovely model.... who, by the way, I went to high school with... Hi Jessica Peck! What a cool surprise to see a familiar face in the pages of Interweave....

I liked Bonsai, but thought "I'm not shaped like her.... there's no way I'd look good in that." But you are proving that we don't all have to be a size 4 to look AWESOME in our handknits! Did you have to make adjustments to the pattern, or are the larger sizes written to accomodate our more curvy figures?
CristieG wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 8:19 AM
I see now that it is the bonsai. It is beautiful in the white. I've actually worked with that yarn before and loved it. Guess I know what I'm doing next.
KellyA@2 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 8:18 AM
I must not be a dedicated, enough, knitter. Sure, I did some knitting this past weekend, but also donned a clean apron, did couple of loads of laundry, took out the trash, baked peanut butter cookies, said "no" a million times to my nine year old while at the market (I hope this is a normal childhood phase) and danced with my husband in our kitchen. Whew! I am a new knitter and I love it! I am working on my first sweater and have deep concerns about the results I am getting. I finished the front this weekend, well, all but the neck shaping which I totally don't get and don't know what I will do - so the remaining stitches are on a stitch holder until divine knitting help comes my way. I am about two inches into the back which should go well until the neck shaping challenge.

I love this newsletter. Thank you.

Kelly
www.thewriteteach.wordpress.com
CristieG wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 8:05 AM
Wow, I love your weekend project... where's that pattern!!?? I am currently working on socks for my daughter, a sleeveless sweater and a winter sweater right now but that doesn't mean I won't take on something else. :)
KrisN wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 8:05 AM
I'm knitting a Wonderful Wallaby, a hooded sweater with a pouch for a baby gift. Done mostly on circular needles.
HeatherB wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:58 AM
OK- On my needles are-- the second of a pair of socks for my daughter, the collar of a cardi I am making for myself in a "knit your first sweater class", and just bound off and need to block a top down, no seam baby sweater for a shower next week. In answer to type of patterns, I would love tea cozies!!!! How funny you would list that.
RachelO wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:53 AM
I'm working on the Trellis cabled baby cardi from Knitty, but I'm terrified of seaming. Someone hold me.
McCartyP wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:50 AM
I'm celebrating my knitting weekend...I finished my (pink)Tomato, finished a pair of socks and finished a baby sweater for great grandbaby due in October! I've never finished so many projects at one time. Now OTN, Drifting Dreams from Just one more row, a pair of socks (feather and fan design)and a Modern Log Cabin blanket from the Mason Dixon book. And I just received my copy of Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby..so of course, I have to start another baby sweater.
Joanna wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:49 AM
This weekend I started a baby blanket, got about 8 inches in but ripped it all out last night. I realized I'd run out of yarn AND not make my knitting deadline. Also this weekend I continued working on an arrowhead lace stole (my own pattern).

Gail C - You spin dog hair? I've read a little about it and can't help but be really curious. (I have 3 dogs LOL) Do tell! How does your yarn behave when knitted up? Does it smell doggie when wet?
LeonaDelcore wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:36 AM
Guess I missed last Friday's post, but I am knitting a baby cardigan and cap for a soon to be 1 year old niece. I need to start another baby project for my infant niece just born on 7/6. My own long cardigan coat is in the initial stages. All this is fit in between work, house, family events....I guess you become very good at time management when you are a "knitter". Love your weekend project. Will you post the pattern??
GailC wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:28 AM
My previous attempt at lace knitting was a total failure, but I would love to try the icelandic shawl. Some questions: I do not care for the crochet edging - can the shawl be done without adding this? I am considering using some of my handspun dog hair in the shawl. I hate blocking so this may not be the best project for me. Maybe I should stick to socks.
TerryG wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:08 AM
I'm a self taught knitter. I watched my mom over her shoulder when I was a child and learned to knit and pearl. Trial and error taught me the other stuff and now I'm hooked. Discovered felting from my sister-in-law and love it love it for bags. Bead knit amulets and evening purses too. I knit every moment I get a chance. I just bound off a "breast" pin cushion for one of my team mates in the 3-day for next week. I have knit schizophrenia (?) there are different projects all over the place. Thank you for knitting daily.
KatieB@2 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:07 AM
I'm joining Kat with the "Pic, pic, pic!" chant. A photo of Rosy in her "haute couture" handknit cat outfit is a MUST!
VickiB wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 7:00 AM
On my needles right now are the piano bench cover from Mason-Dixon, a pair of short socks for DD and I just started a baby sweater for a co-worker. Lots more waiting in the wings!
Sandi, you must knit like a fiend! It would take me a week to do what you did in a weekend! And you ask if WE don't do anything else??! lol
It's lovely,btw!
Zaz wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:50 AM
oops for the "chardon" lace cardi i created it's
Zaz wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:47 AM
hello cindie, i sewed the buttons on "chardon", a lace cardi of my creation, i tried my addi giant "tricotin". knitting in the round was a child game but knitting straight was real tough, i finally "got it", how the side stitches get formed, etc... i don't make shawls or afghans ever, they just don't serve, i buy my socks. i am parisian, different needs, different culture
www.zazeway.blogspot.com

for my "chardon" lace cardi
DianaH wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:15 AM
hello!

your weekend knitting looks very interestening to me. what pattern is this beauty? is it yours?

many thanks for this side and greetings from germany,
diana
DianaH wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:10 AM
your weekend-project looks very interestening to me. what pattern is this beauty?

many thanks and all the best, diana from germany
EmilyR wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:04 AM
I too put aside knitting this weekend for a bit to read the new Harry Potter, but in the end I propped up the book and knitted and read at the same time. Next weekend is the deadline for finishing this gift for my great-nephew Reece; a Weasley sweater with a big R on the front!
StephaniK wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 6:01 AM
Oh ,your back of Bonsai Tunic looks great.I?ve orderd bamboo yarn an will knit it, too.
TerryH@2 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 5:21 AM
I would like to see some articles on updating old patterns. Does anyone remember the KRYSTA coat? I made it for my mother in the early 70's and when I try the sweater on now, the sleeves are really uncomfortable. If we do find a way to update are we infringing? I can see the corrections in my head, but that's as far as I can get. I still have the original pattern.
SueS@3 wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 5:16 AM
I'm anothe MS3 participant but only up to clue 3 but along with that I always have at least 3 other things on the go at once. Currently its an aran vest in handspun mohair, one of a range of commissioned jumpers and a hooded jumper for new grandson. I've downloaded the better than booties socks and will start those in the next few weeks.
Eharper wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 3:19 AM
...and I'm enjoying my last few knitting days before the start of school. I'm 1/2 way through a raglan cropped cardigan. PS - I just finished Harry Potter too! It was great.
Eharper wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 3:15 AM
I love love LOVE the bonsai tunic. I've been eyeing it since it came out. I'm a teacher
JoyJ wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 2:13 AM
I enjoy reading the comments section so much I sometimes forget what you posted about. Over the weekend, I knitted one sock from the Better than Booties Socks, it was interesting re-learning short rows for heel and toe shaping. I am an intermediate hoping to be an advanced knitter, though I have poor concentration and abandon a project very fast once I understand it.. explains why that sock may not get a partner :)

Thanks to your posts and new patterns (and updates of how to do them), I am getting the psyche to handknit more than machine-knit.
CathyR wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 1:58 AM
I wasnt game to list all mine! You were quick with that top,Im so envious!
Absolutely love that Icelandic shawl!! Will look for some Icelandic fingering weight if I can and Ill dye it my colours!!
Robyn wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 1:55 AM
Ohhh where can we get the pattern for what you knitted on the weekend....and how did you get all that done in one weekend?
RenateU wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 1:53 AM
Hi.1.time reading all other knitters wonderful comments . Teacozies ? There's a thought.Guitarstrap ? Hmm.Love to get at doing the Icelandig Shawl,too ,before I get at Harry Potter. Renate
RenateU wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 1:53 AM
JoannaK wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 1:49 AM
Your top looks great!
My last weekend knitting is not that impressive (although I've also been working on finishing the second Norwegian Glove) - I made a small parrot for my husband to wear with his pirate outfit! *^v^* Does this count as a cat garment category?... ^^ Here is the link to the photo: http://brahdelt.blogspot.com/2007/07/theme-picnic.html
theyarnqueen wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 12:22 AM
I really think you must be a super fast knitter. I spent 10 hours on a bus and only got one leg of a sock knit. Come on you have elves that knit for you all night right?
Knitwhit wrote
on Jul 24, 2007 12:19 AM
I'm new to knitting and finding the "Daily" a real help. I started knitting late last fall to help out a charity and currently have a hooded vest, hooded scarf, two pairs of slippers,a pair of "footies" and a bracelet on the go.Thanks folks!
Mike W.
LaneyH wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 11:40 PM
I've just finished a cotton tank top and now I MUST sit down and sew up and do the darning in on all the projects in my "finished" pile. Obviously I like knitting but hate finishing. A pair of baby booties next - for an 8/4/07 shower. Off to my LYS tomorrow for yarn. Wonder which I'll do first, knit booties or finish projects?! Laney
roseite99 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 11:24 PM
What a great looking top. What are you using underneath it for blocking?
Thanks,
Linda
Paula@2 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 10:44 PM
Me, too. What is a hash mark? Knitting on: a sweater for myself for winter 2: a Knit for Kids sweater for Guideposts thingy 3: a dishcloth pattern that I think will make a wonderful summer shell. And just finished 2 prs of anklets (socklets?), one fancy lace and one plain to work on when company is around. I am a sock addict! Love Kitting Daily!
HaleyL wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 9:58 PM
I wanted to be counted too! I just finished a little Blanket Buddy and a Wonderful Wallaby for my niece. Upcoming projects include another Wallaby (for my nephew), a hat for my husband, a sweater for my 16 month old son, possibly Rusted Root (short-sleeved top) for me, and a sweater for me...oh, and probably some baby hats because they're my favorite gift to give new babies. Oh, and my housework rarely gets done, but I blame that more on having a 16 month-old than my knitting obsession. My husband may disagree.
MelissaM@2 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 9:52 PM
What's housework?
Janet wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 9:44 PM
I finished a pair of socks and am about half way through a shawl. I need more yarn! I'm goig to have to go into my stash for my next project!
Miti_mom wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 9:35 PM
Thank you so much for getting the Icelandic Shawl pattern for us. I have been looking for a shawl that decreases in stitch count. I am currently knitting EZ's square shawl pattern (which starts at the center) in Lion Homespun on US 11 circulars Its a blanket for college. Each row takes longer to knit than the last and I feel I may never finish.
Denise
Kskold wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 9:27 PM
Two projects on the needles right now: a diagonal garter stitch baby blanket (it looks like the first skein will last for 8-10 more rows and the 1/2 way point!) On the other needles: my 2nd pair of socks! Pink & purple Toefutsie yarn and a toe-up pattern from "Sensational Knitted Socks". So far I've survived (my first) provisional cast-on and some serious short-rowing. Tonight, I get to start the rib pattern and knitting in the round.
CorcoranC wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 9:24 PM
Right now I'm at the lake and socks are easy to knit outside. I am also knitting on a purse to full and in the air conditioned car I work on a strip for an afghan. I like having a few projects to choose between depending on my environment. Because there was a longer wait than usual at the local restaurant, I took my socks in to work on out of my knitting bag.
StaceyM wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 9:02 PM
I just want to know what that pretty lacy tanky thing is on your blocking.....towel??
ElisaV wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 8:59 PM
I'ld bet your results are skewed by MS3, which is lovely, but I don't do lace. Right now I'm 3/4 of the way through a summer shrug, and then my next project is to frog the collar on a sweater I just finished, and make it into a hood instead. After that, who knows? Although I already have my fall sweater pattern picked out to start as soon as the weather cools off...
TriciaM wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 8:52 PM
I too want to see a picture of the kitty in it's outfit. :)

As for what I am working on: a rug, a second sock (that I want to give up on because I just noticed that I dropped a stitch in the finished one-IN LACE!), a baby blanket, and a guitar strap for my son.
on Jul 23, 2007 8:50 PM
Oh, I'm actually knitting a cardigan of hand dyed mohair, a kit I bought 2 1/2 years ago at Stitches from Great Yarns, and a silk tank from Melissa Leapman's Hot knits, both for me.
MarshaJ wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 8:36 PM
Thanks for the correction to the icelandic shawl instructions. Now my ueestion is What is a "hash symbol"? Is it what we call a pound sign?
KateG wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 8:31 PM
I'm still slugging away on the Endpaper Mitts, but now I know the tubular cast-on forwards and backwards. I knit at night when the house is quiet. My mother used to do that so it gives me a nice sense of connection.
RhondaP wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 8:24 PM
I've been busy trying to perfect my sock making. But, I had to stop and comment real quick after reading about Rascal's outfit. I have a 3 1/2 yr old pitbull named Sirius (he has a white star on his chest). Whenever he sees my tape measure he goes crazy and gets all wiggly. He LOVES to be measured!! He'll sit real super still and let me measure around his neck, back, etc., (He needs to wear sweaters in the winter, as we're in Wisconsin and he gets cold.) I've never had a dog or cat before that would let me touch their feet. He just sits there all calm while I try booties on his feet at various stages to assure a good fit. Do dog booties fall under the same category as knitting socks? :)
on Jul 23, 2007 8:21 PM
Umm...none. Harry Potter took all my free time this weekend.
1. Watching all the news videos about it on Friday night.
2. Waking up at 6am waiting for the UPS man and pacing the floors until after 1pm. 3. Petting my new book after it finally made it. Then reading it until I couldn't see.
4. Taking a break long enough to sleep and dream of Harry Potter.
5. Waking up and reading more.
I mean, really, there wasn't time for anything else! :)
ShuriuL wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 8:14 PM
I'm unclear of the identity of the person writing for Knitting Daily. Can that person please be identified by name?
kewpiedoll99 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 8:09 PM
Hi - I emailed this comment but I don't know that it ever got through. I'd like to know who the person(s) is (are) blogging on Knitting Daily, and maybe a link to more info about them. It's unusual in the blogging world to see blog entries in the first person singular, but no identity to attach to them.
AmyR@2 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:58 PM
I'm getting in a bit late on this, but here's what's on my needles in no particular order.

1. a blanket for my niece started when I learned she was on the way. She's almost 2.
2. a potato chip scarf. This is for a gift and it is UGLY. I can't bring myself to knit any more on it because it's so awful.
3. various and assorted dishcloths
4. various and assorted scarves
5. a pair of Breezy socks from Knitty.com.
6. a pair of slipper socks
LoriH@2 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:55 PM
RE: My weekend knitting... tell us more! Is this a vest, or sweater? Is the pattern yours? I REALLY liked what I saw. Lori from Laguna Beach
SusanF@5 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:54 PM
Very interesting poll!
May I ask what is that lovely piece that you are knitting? It looks like it will be stunning! Thanks!
slgjeg4 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:51 PM
On the needles--
Finishing up the Debbie Bliss Alphabet blanket Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, which I gave as a shower gift last Sat., but it needs borders on 3 more sides.
I have one sock to finish. I have the Dalegarn Dog hat and scarf to finish, which will be a Christmas gift.
And I have started the Berrocco Panobo shrug/shawl using Ultra Alpaca (for me!) and I have to work on the Namaste yoga bag from Knitty.com for an early birthday gift for SIL who will be going to a special yoga seminar.
You ask about housework--it suffers. And around all of this, I must go to work to make money to support my habit.

Jean
DianeF@5 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:46 PM
This weekend, I finished my own "Hot Tomato" in a dark red cotton. I love it! I only need to block it now. I'm also working on the vine stitch shawl from Vogue Knitting's Shawls On the Go, a pair of socks, and Webs' Five College Sweater. Thanks for a great web site - I love it!!
RozC wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:40 PM
Hi there,
I think this site is **JUST THE BEST**. I am a knitter with always 5-7 items happenning & YES all at once. I have paid jobs, i knit mostly for my family. Having just finished 2 fair isle cardigans 1 on the yoke & a more traditional style. I am presently knitting a dark green blackberrry stitch vest, a black cable vest, a long sleevs shrug,plus an Argyle vest. So that's me always plenty happenning here @ my home. I am also a beginner quilter & have making scarf squares so I could make scarves for my friends. ROZ IN COFFS HARBOUR, NSW OZ
Mary BE wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:30 PM
Love the results of your weekend. One question - what are housework and laundry?
I am part of the half that are working on multiple projects: 1 vest of my own design - hope to finish tonight), 4 cardigans (ok, so 3 of them are UFOs - one of which is a long-sleeve version of a cardigan from your Summer 1997 magazine), at least 3 pairs of socks, and 2 blankets for Project Linus. Once I finish the vest and one of my UFOs - I am trying to reform my ways, I plan to knit a stole version of your Swallow Tail Shawl - wish me luck! Mary B
PamM@2 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:18 PM
I love the icelandic shawl. There are so many beautiful shawls to knit I don't know which one to do next. The icelandic shawl does appeal to me in that it looks so comfy and warm. So more pattern on comfy, warm, cuddly shawls and wraps will fit the bill for me!
I love knitting daily!
Pam M.
SuzanneG@4 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:17 PM
I am a intermediate (or advanced beginner!) knitter. I'm taking a class making a sweater on circular needles. I needed to have 14 1/2 inches of the body done before I can start the sleeves.

I must be a very slow knitter compared to the others in the class, because they have all started their sleeves. This weekend my husband has been on a fishing trip so I have been knitting like a maniac (feel like I'm in a competitive knitting league!). I've got one more inch to go. Then I can call the instructor for help on starting the sleeves.--Suzanne
mioche wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:12 PM
Oh gosh. What aren't I working on? I finished one pomatomus sock (and it'll take me another six months to get through the other, I'm sure), finished the second half of a glove pattern I'd put together, and spent a lot of time working straight stockinette on a buttony sweater a friend's commissioned me to do. Oh, wait. Then there's the sweater for my sister's birthday, and I'm just about to cast on for a Marnie MacLean hat (but which one? which one) Man. No wonder people joke that I'm going to drown in my yarn some day. That project you have blocked out looks lovely.
SharonC wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:03 PM
Wow! Sarah, beautiful job, absolutely beautiful. My own weekend knitting (a diaper bag for my brand new grandson) was put on hold. Two of our big dogs had a "discussion". LOL The rest of the weekend went to keeping the peace.
JoanneL wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 7:01 PM
Simply a" thank you! " I am look forward to your weekly e-mails and posts.
SusanneS wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 6:55 PM
I definitely want to know what you that pattern is that you knit on the weekend and is blocking!!! That looks very, very pretty! Tell us more!
Susanne in Edmonton, AB Canada
KatherineH wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 6:49 PM
On the weekend I worked on all three things that are on my needles at the moment: the 1940s halter top from Knitting Lingerie Style (stash buster! and just have two more edgings to go); the Kaffee Fassett Big Diamonds jacket (stash buster!); and the Lace Wings shawl (in Handmaiden Sea Silk). With any luck the halter top and the shawl will both be ready by the end of the week. I'm just pecking at the jacket whenever the heat and humidity ease up enough to allow for working on a warmer project.
CatherineK wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 6:28 PM
At the moment, I am working on Saffron Cable from the IK Fall 2006 magazine. Almost finished the first pattern. The wool I am using cost under AU$25 from a deceased estate sale. I have just finished my 8th pair of socks for this winter and gloves for my grandchildren. On needles, I also have a Pi bedthrow, a Pi shawl, Frosted Fern (up to row 49), a mystery stole and a cardigan. Think that's all! Probably start another pair of socks soon.

Catherine
CathyAnn wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 6:27 PM
Hmm, somehow I missed that request for what's on my needles--too many things:

1. My first Fair Isle cardigan (I've taken a break when I got to the part where I have to cut the first sleeve steek--no, I'm not nervous about it at all)
2. The irregular rib sweater I started for my husband last fall (just 2 inches to go on the collar, then weaving in my ends!)
3. A skinny lace scarf in Debbie Bliss pure silk
4. An afghan made of 12 squares in different color/stitch patterns; I'm on the LAST square, then I have to block & join them

I think I forgot to pay the bills this week.
MeganF wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 6:13 PM
I'm also working on MS 3, and love it! All knitting was put aside this weekend for Harry Potter, though.
Kathi wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 6:08 PM
Sleep?? Housework??? I knew I was forgetting something. But my Bombshell from BGK's is almost a FO.
MerryG wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 6:01 PM
There is a problem with the Icelandic Shawl link.
Merry G
MaryF wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 5:56 PM
I, too, have started to knit the Icelandic shawl. I, too, noticed the contradiction between the written and charted instructions. However, I trusted the chart, which I believe shows P1,K1, PPSO to be correct. Anyhow, that's how I did it and I came out even on that row. Also, there are no measurements given for the shawl. Are any available? Fingering yarn knit on a #4 needle may make a fairly small shawl, even with over 120 rows knit. If I were to start over (heaven forfend), I'd use a #6 needle. My stash yielded two shades of beige, two of grey, a turquoise, several light greens and a yellow. So, I love the way it looks.
ShelleyS@3 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 5:49 PM
Oh My so many knitting patterns and so little time. I am currently working on a mobleus (?) scarf in merino and silk for my mother, the lace (again merino and silk) scarf in the last edition of Piecework. A pair of mittens and some of those great self striping socks. And I really want to see Rascal too cos' I can't imagine my cat allowing me to put anything on her!!
Shelley S./July 23, 2007
DawneL wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 5:48 PM
I can't believe how much you got done over just one week-end !! Good for you ! I am thinking of making the same tunic out of wool. Do you think it would be as lovely ? How do you like knitting with your yarn /
Looks great !
Dawne
AnitaM wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 5:48 PM
Wow! Your Bonsai Tunic is looking really good. It's on my (very long) "to do" list!
I'm currently working on MS3 (just started Clue 2) and am about 70% through the Pea Pod Baby Set - great pattern, I'm loving every minute of it! Actually, it's a really good beginner lace project - lots of different YOs, but only a small panel of lace, so you still feel like you're getting somewhere :)
Love Knitting Daily - as a beginner (knitting for 6 months after giving up 20+ years ago) I am learning more and more all the time. It's great to hear from others with more experience, and to know that there are plenty of newbies out there too!
NinaS@2 wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 5:37 PM
Iam working on Hanne Falkenbergs Mermaid sweater. It looks very short in the torso. Has anybody knit this and do you agree?
Anonymous wrote
on Jul 23, 2007 5:04 PM
I wanna see Rascal!(everyone chant:) Pic! Pic! Pic! Pic! Pic!