Eunny Jang: Working In A Knitting Wonderland

Aug 6, 2007

Here she is! Eunny Jang

What if one day, someone called you on the phone, and asked you to be the new editor of Interweave Knits magazine? That's exactly what happened to popular blogger and oh-so-talented knitting designer, Eunny Jang. Talk about getting your dream job...

I'd had the pleasure of interviewing Eunny several months ago, right after she was hired--in fact, that first interview was part of one of the very first Knitting Daily newsletters. I thought it was time to check back in with Eunny again, especially now that her very first issue as editor, Fall 2007 Knits, is about to hit the store shelves. I wanted to know what it was like to literally be Alice in Knitting Wonderland...

Eunny, your fans in the blogosphere want to know: What have you been up to since you were hired as editor of Interweave Knits? Seems like Interweave kind of whisked you away to wonderland for a while there!

How do I even begin to answer this question? It's definitely been a busy last couple of months for me. Of course, there's the learning curve associated with coming into any new job in a new company, but with the added pressure (let's be honest, terror!) of coming into a magazine with such an amazing track record already, with such big shoes left to fill! I've been in the thick of editing the Fall issue, and Knits Gifts 2007, developing and working on the Winter issue, and concepting for Spring. I went to my first TNNA, which was just a little overwhelming. I've gone through two shoots now, for Fall and for Gifts, and am in the middle of planning Winter's shoot. I've taped segments for the NeedleArts Studio TV show. I've been working on my pattern book. I've met designers and knitting icons I'm completely starstruck by. I've been traveling a lot, like every couple of weeks.
Eunny's first issue of Knits
I've been working on a new blog(!!), which will launch soon. And trying to fit in sleeping and eating and breathing when I can.

What has been the most exciting part for you about working on the Fall issue of Knits?

I think I'd have to say the late-stage part of press week, when the magazine actually begins to look like, well, a magazine. That part is absolutely fascinating – seeing all these things you've been working on individually come together into one big bursting-at-the-seams book. I also loved working on the front part of the book, specifically the gallery with images of all the projects. Starting with this issue, we're really front-loading the magazine with all kinds of technical information, detail shots, and other knitterly tidbits of information in that space, which makes the photo gallery as rich as the patterns themselves. As much as I'm proud of it as its editor, I'm also just really excited about it as a knitter – you see a big, beautiful photo, but you also get notes on cool construction elements, stitch patterns, yarns, insights from the designer, etc.

Wednesday: Part 2 of Eunny's interview!

Do you have a question for Eunny? Leave a comment with your question, and Eunny and I will choose a few for her to answer in upcoming issues of Knitting Daily!

Bella Blouse

This week's featured free pattern: Bella! I noticed that a lot of you were asking for more patterns for short-sleeved tops--tops that might be flattering on a variety of body types. Erin, our web analyst, happened to mention that she was almost finished knitting the Bella Blouse, from the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. Once I saw it, I thought, I bet the Knitting Daily folks would love that! Erin says it's an easy and fun knitting project--just stockinette stitch and some lace, all on mid-size needles so it knits up quickly. Enjoy!

Sandi Wiseheart is the editor of Knitting Daily.

What's on Sandi's needles today? The front of the Bonsai Tunic by Norah Gaughan. Almost done with the armholes!

Comments

DeniseW wrote
on Aug 10, 2007 8:44 PM
So true about the importance of how you carry your weight. I've seen curvy size 4s and straight-as-a-stick size 24s. Information about how to adjust patterns would be helpful. Judging from many comments, I'm not the only one who is one size in the bust and at least one size down in the shoulders. Suggestions about how to choose patterns suitable for alteration would also be helpful. Sometimes just borrowing whatever detail or color caught my eye and using it in something else turns out to be more practical.

A belated tip of the hat to Sandi for the t-shirt fit example. A very clear illustration of the wheres and whys of darts.
GrandmaT wrote
on Aug 10, 2007 10:07 AM
Tammy T has it right. Patterns designed to fit a skinny woman may be "sized up" but that doesn't mean it will be flattering. I'm petite, just under 5', and I've found that plus sized patterns have the shoulders halfway to my elbows. Not all plus sized woman are simply plus sized. Some carry their weight evenly, others like me, carry their weight differently - belly, thigh, bust, etc. Pattens designed for this difference would be wonderful. Also, give us finished chart measurments, the amount of ease built in, and a clue as to what figure type the garment would be most flattering on.
Catladyluck wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 7:54 PM
I so *totally* agree with Rebecca S! That is the best way I have EVER seen it put!
Rebecca S wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 6:25 PM
I agree with the other comments on size of the models and proportions of the knitwear. I would love to see IK set a new standard here! I really dislike that nearly all patterns in most books and mags are done in the smallest size- us "big" girls have to get books titled "Big Girl Knits" to find proportioned patterns. I am rather offended by it. I am an size 16, which is pretty average these days. What if the smaller gals always had to to get books titled "Skinny Scrawny Knits" to get patterns that fit them well? Or had to spend hours trying to successfully take inches OUT of a bustline. PLEASE IK, be the first to set to step up the plate and provide real world patterns for real world women!
on Aug 9, 2007 3:39 PM
1. I wish every issue taught us a different cast-on - knitted or crocheted and what are the pros and cons to these cast-on and when to use them. Is there a book just dedicated to cast-ons - like a cast-on dictionary or something?
2. How many different bind-offs in knitting and crocheting are there?
JulieT wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 2:49 PM
We either need instructions on how to modify the patterns, or else, include a variety of styles in the magazine to match the basic body shapes with size ranges... eg. Hour glass figures with range of sizes from thin to heavy. Pear shaped with range of sizes from thin to heavy women. ETC. Petite/tall should be addressed as well, by the designer. What body type and height was the garment designed for? And, what body types can it look good on, besides it's intended wearer? If you can do this, you will have THE BEST MAGAZINE OUT THERE!! -Thanks for listening to us!
Cmm760 wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 1:46 PM
I appreciate patterns that fit the full-figured woman (sizes 1x, 2x) I'd like to see more fashionable patterns that flatter this figure type. For example some things that do not work for me are: bulky yarns, tight shoulder seams and short sleeves. I like elbow and 3/4 length sleeves and patterns with a drop or raglan shoulder. Stitch patterns can be 'intersting' as long as they don't tend to accent the upper arms, bust or waist/stomach area. I prefer solids vs. patterns or yarns that will yield those feared, horizantal stripes which accent one's width!
ChrissieM wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 1:33 PM
I appreciate that the bust sizes in IK go up to 44+ inches, but I agree with previous posters that I would like to see models with curvier figures wearing the garments. As a 38DDD, I love seeing patterns with short-row shaping and good waist shaping.
TammyT wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 12:36 PM
I'd like to address the plus size issue: I am a medium sized gal (size 14) and I find that the problem is not that you don't offer patterns that "go up to" large enough sizes, it is that you don't offer enough patterns that are MADE FOR an actual woman. A pattern which is designed in such a way that it looks best on a size 4 model with an A or B cup will NOT LOOK GOOD on a shapely woman, period. When you just "size up" a pattern we larger gals tend to end up with a sweater which is way too big in the neck, too snug in the bust and/or which hangs like a sack at the waist and hips and is big enough to drive a truck through at the wrists. A larger bust pulls the garment up so it tends to be too short waisted or just too short in general. It's not so much BIGness that is lacking, it is PROPORTION. Even my dinky size 4 daughter is hard to knit for because she is a D cup. As beautiful as the designs are in the latest issue, I really don't see a sweater that would look good on anyone I actually know in real life- no matter how high you crank the measurements up to. See books like "Big Girl Knits" and the excellent "Fitted Knits" to see what I mean. Shaping is, IMO, no harder than colorwork or cables IF the pattern is designed for it. Clever design with ribs in the right places, etc., are just as good as darts or short rows.

I would actually prefer that you NOT make many of your patterns sized up to a size 20-something. (too many numbers are confusing) I'd just like to see patterns designed for and sized to what most women outside NY and LA are: shapely and middle range (sized 12, 14, 16ish, assuming a size C cup at least). A pattern designed for a shapely mid-size could, with a little math, easily be sized up into an attractive plus sized garment. That would certainly be easier than trying to fit boobs in a garment designed for a stick figure!
HelenKO wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 9:55 AM
Yes, it is true the plus size stuff almost never fits me, and I have yet to see a truly plus-size model in any knitting magazine. There are beautiful women and men out there that are XXL and more; I personally don't consider a size 14 plus-size! However, I think Eunny is brilliant, and I will continue to buy IK in any case.
MarilynP@2 wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 9:54 AM
How about showing a size 14 model for a couple of the sweaters so we can actually see what it will look like on a curvy person? thanks - Marilyn. mpaarman@ch2m.com
jcknitter wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 9:20 AM
We don't need instructions for more sizes. People of all sizes need to learn how to adapt a pattern to fit their own features. Wasn't that the point of Sandi's tutorial on dart shaping?

The beauty of making your own clothing is that you can make it any way you want or need. I don't go around whining about needing "tall" patterns. I just adjust the pattern to fit.

Eunny, please don't waste precious magazine space with print instructions for every imaginable size. Give us your trademark fantastic instructions for modifying and fitting garments. Your instructions for fitting and shaping lace garments were among the best articles in IK in years!

Jax
Jody@2 wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 8:56 AM
Welcome Eunny! As an avid reader of your blog, it is great to see you resurface! I agree that I would like to see the ease measurement for each pattern. It would definitely help decide what size might fit. I am a plus size and hesitate to make sweaters--although I did make the Josephine Top from the Summer issue out of a bamboo yarn and I love it!
LindaT@2 wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 8:52 AM
I'm wondering why the patterns always say something like pattern shown in size 34? How does that help us decide what size to make if we don't know the bust size of the model? Thanks!
LindaT@2 wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 8:50 AM
I'm wondering why the patterns always say something like
KathyF wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 7:48 AM
Consider using +size models. I often skip patterns because I worry that they would not look nearly as good if they were on an average or larger person.I think of all the time and money spent knitting and skip it.
ChrisG wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 7:33 AM
I agree with Sandy and Karen. Ease information would be most helpful. I know my measurements but I am not always sure which size to make based on that information alone. That said, I always look forward to receiving my IK magazine.
PattyB wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 7:22 AM
When you are a plus size woman/man we can't really wear a sweater that is a 4.5 stitches per inch. It makes us look fatter/heavier. Telling us to size up isn't necessarily the answer, however dropping down the gauge, swatching is the answer and I am not sure exactly how to do this...I would love help.
Patty
KarenWalter wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 7:02 AM
I agree with Sandy -- it's nice to know the model is wearing the 34, but is she a 34, or a 32, or a 36? If I want the garment to fit me the way it fits her, I need to know. If the model feels this is too personal, maybe you could say something like "close fitting (no ease)" or "standard fitting (4" of ease)" etc. I love the fall issue but I miss my favorite Veronik Avery designs -- hope she is coming back in future issues!
JanetD wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 5:23 AM
I'll echo the above comments about the placement of patterns separate from the photos of the finished object. On the positive side, the designs this issue are enticing. I'm not sure which I'll make first.
Crafteeladee wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 12:12 AM
My concern with the magazine is not that there are not enough plus sized patterns, it is that we are informed of the the size that the model is wearing, but not the actual size of the model. Or in other words, we do not know how much (negative or positive) ease is in the garment being models.

Sandee
DonnaT wrote
on Aug 9, 2007 12:06 AM
I agree with the comment about plus sizes. I love the cover sweater but the largest finished chest measurement is 48". Since this is a cardigan to be worn over another sweater or shirt, I would say that at least 6" (maybe 8") of ease is needed. Which means that anyone who wears anything larger than a 16 or maybe even a 14 (according to size charts for L L Bean) couldn't wear it.
HotheadP wrote
on Aug 8, 2007 11:47 PM
I know there are many patterns for sweaters, jackets, and shawls/wraps that are beautiful in IK, but I am also interested in making skirts and dresses. Are there plans to include patterns for skirts and dresses in the future? Also, please don't forget us big girls. We like well made and flattering skirts and dresses also.
Thanks!
Lili wrote
on Aug 8, 2007 11:27 PM
Why, oh why, did a former editor decide to print the IK yarn specs photos at a reduced percentage last year? Why, or why, did Ms. Jang keep this weird format in the Fall '07 issue? It's counter-productive, downright misleading. Yes, I know yarn companies subsidize the designs by providing yarn, so there is a reason to encourage use of the specified goods. In a few years though, these patterns will be obsolete if I can't figure out how to substitute future yarns for today's discontinued yarns. Either print the strand photos at 100%, or leave them out altogether.
RaeM wrote
on Aug 8, 2007 8:23 PM
You meet my needs with your bust dimentions BUT I am an older version -- in my mid 70's and have shrunk through my spine so that I need to either make crop tops or adjust decreasing and length -- I RARELY see petite directions and would most appreciate that help. Thanks and I am LOVING this interaction with the creative juices there. All best wishes for the fiber growth and your happiness
MichelleG wrote
on Aug 8, 2007 1:04 PM
Congrats to you Eunny. I hope this is satisfying for you personally, but from the reader's end of things, I like knowing you are there.

Echoing other commenters I would like to know when Eunny's book is to be released. Also I HOPE some of your creative stuff comes into your blogs like you did back in the good ole days. Just ADORE the beauties that come from your minds eye. Thirdly, though I hate to admit it, I also need plus sizing so seeing a 50" bust measurement on 'Tangled Yoke Cardigan' pleased me. Please keep us non-model sized folks in mind. Finally, what do you all think of Ravelry? Does IK have any plans to use Ravelry such as loading your free patterns there?

Thanks much. -- Michelle in Arizona
KarenG@3 wrote
on Aug 8, 2007 11:58 AM
I love all the yarns that are available in today's market; however, when I go to make a project I end up using exactly what the pattern calls for out of fear of messing it up. How do I learn to branch out? I know the yarn weights and wraps per inch should help but I'm still intimidated... My favorite yarn store is having a sale this weekend and I would love to go in and just buy a yarn because I love the texture, color, feel, etc., but do people actually do that without having a plan in mind for using it? Thanks for any input... Knitting Daily is the best - I just love checking in!
NancyL wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 7:41 PM
Also, while I know that many samples are knitted in the smallest sizes to save time and yarn, please consider requiring some of the sample designs to be made in at least a medium or larger size (noting that of course). This would be a perfect opportunity for the editors to focus on particular designs that flatter a variety of figures and highlight shaping that makes for good fit, as you?ve done on this blog. There are many beautiful women to model a sweater with a cup size over B, so there?s no reason that it couldn?t fit the vibe of your other photos. I appreciate that you want to have a ?newsstand worthy? cover, but remember your readers are not casual page flippers ? we are there for the content. Variety in your model?s physiques would be appreciated.

A final request? please go back to the old format of the entire pattern together! First, when I?m evaluating a pattern, I want to look at the technical specs without flipping back and forth. Second, if I do make something it?s nice to have it all together. And third (and this speaks to your advertising revenue), it?s kind of a let down when I get through that first gallery section ? ?Oh, nothing new for the rest of the mag.? Part of my fun was discovering the new patterns slowly as I savored that new magazine experience. You?re blowing your anticipation factor and lessening my interest in the second half of the magazine.
NancyL wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 7:41 PM
Congratulations on improving IK. I?ve been disappointed with the last few issues, but this issue has renewed my confidence in keeping a subscription. Specifically, I appreciate the breadth of the patterns between latest fashions and traditional techniques and I really like the increased use of additional photos from different angles and of close details. In fact, I?d suggest more variety in the photos, especially of the backs of garments or with the model in a different position, e.g., if the main photo is sitting, make the second standing. Choosing to knit a sweater is an investment of time and money and I?d like to have a better sense of how the garment is going to fit without having to be a knitting archeologist, combing the pattern numbers to try to figure out what it really looks like. Can?t tell you how often I?ve seen comments in the knitblog world when someone shows a finished sweater being worn that run, ?Now I can see how that?s really going to look.? So? that?s my challenge to you: Show us how it?s going to look. If the design is worthy, you should be able to shoot it from various angles. (continued in next comment)
Janet wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 6:19 PM
I love the fall issue. There are several things that I already have ordered yarn for. I can hardly wait to get started.
Hpbecky wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 1:14 PM
Congratulations, Eunny! I received my copy of the Fall 2007 Knits mag last night and spent the evening enthralled with all the new projects that I need to try. Every page was a winner!! Thank you!
BeckyR
ShannonB@2 wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 12:29 PM
I love the Bella Blouse but was thinking of making it into a 3/4 length sleeve and possibly in a warmer material (I live in Alaska) do you have a suggestion for how I could do this? I am thinking that I could add the lace inset to the end of the sleeve because I love it but am not sure what I would do to create that longer sleeve here.
Shannon
Susan@9 wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 12:06 PM
I was impressed with the depth of Eunny Jang's website when I saw it and printed out the Print of Wave shawl. Then I got Heirloom Knitting by Sharon Miller and realized that it was very similar to her design. Perhaps coincidence since it is a traditional pattern. But it raises the question that with all the blogs and people selling patterns, when is a pattern is sufficiently unique and when you have to credit back to a source. I notice alot of people credit Barbara Walker's books of stitches
Jennifer@3 wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 11:56 AM
Thank you for adding yarn weights and wraps per inch to your patterns! It makes it much easier for those of us who want to substitute yarn from our stash. Great work. Interweave is my favorite! And I love "Knitting Daily".
CarmenV wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 10:14 AM
Re Bella yarn substitution: I am using Sugar and Cream and size 3 needles to get guage. Just swatch with what you want to use until you get gauge.
KatieS wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 9:24 AM
Could you please put more simple patterns occasionally. I'm definitely a beginning knitter and while I love how the more complicated patterns look, I'm not yet ready to tackle them. I need some patterns that maybe teach me one more complicated stitch at a time.
JoanneS wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 9:07 AM
I was excited to have my article in Eunny's first official issue! I'm wondering, how does Eunny see her relationship with IK's designers and contributors developing? Does she plan to have hands-on contact and exchanges with writers and designers?
Andrea@4 wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 8:31 AM
Could you possibly give a tutorial on how to alter a pattern to fit a person.... say 5'1". I love the mag and now the e-newsletter but being a very short person there are few paterns I can just make for myself to wear. I can alter most myself but lace gives me headaches and it is so pretty.
SueG wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 8:17 AM
Congrats on your first issue, Eunny! and for continuing the tradition of a SUPERIOR knitting magazine. I definately prefer the layout of pics forward
AnneB@2 wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 8:15 AM
For the first time in a long time, I'm eagerly looking forward to the Fall IK. Thank you Eunny. Bet it is as good as the preview on the web site and I'll be taking out a subscription.
EILEENS@2 wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 8:13 AM
I'm wondering how Eunny made the transition from knitting designer to editor. The learning curve must have been amazing!
Knitting Daily is such a great thing -- in the middle of my work day, at lunch or whenever, I just check my emails and read KD. Don't tell anyone!
KatP wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 7:56 AM
been reading every day and loving all the information and the connection with other knitters.

Eunny, would love to have a link to your current blog. Anxiously awaiting part 2 of the interview.

I would also like to comment on the plus sizes and petite sizes. Even a tutorial on increasing the size yourself or decreasing would be helpful.

I love love love the idea of a cd with instructions for the harder stitches. It took me 3 tries with the toe up cast-on and I'm still not sure I got it right.

txkat
KarenL@5 wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 5:57 AM
I have so appreciated the blog that Eunny has maintained--with its creative ideas and wonderful tutorials (and even her recipes). I hope that this resource doesn't disappear with the introduction of her new blog. I still count on looking over her how to's. I made a beautiful aran sweater for my son because of her wonderful graphics for cables. Please don't let this stuff get lost....I still want to be able to access it. I really enjoy the Knitting Daily emails! Karen L.
JascinthW wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 5:29 AM
Eunny, congratulations on your post, and I'm sure you're brilliant at it. When is your pattern book coming out? Can people overseas order it too?
SaraJ wrote
on Aug 7, 2007 12:40 AM
Looking much forward to the next part of the interview! I had only just barely discovered your blog, Eunny (I'm assuming she's reading, here, since this Daily is about her!), when opportunity came a' ringing. Was and am so pleased for you, although suspected it'd be awhile before you came up for air . . .!

I'm happy about the new info and details available up in the gallery section; I've taken other mags in the past and written the upper size it goes to, and difficulty level, in silver sharpie, so I can see that essential info right there.

I'm a plus size gal myself, and note that I also infrequently buy this magazine due to the few plus size (and I'm talking at least to 2x; seems many maga like to tout when they have plus size, but half of them are up to only 1x, if that.)

Still, I'm keeping an eye out; I need to go check out what's in this issue. I eventually hope to be able to adjust patterns to my size, but even when I get there, it would be, and is, plain discouraging to be in this position, of seeing some patterns I fall in LOVE with the design, but they aren't the couple that go to higher sizes.

Not ranting! I know it takes time and space to do more directions. It just kind of flowed from somethin' else I was saying; where was I? lol. Oh, with that I'd think the rather petite among us also might feel as frustrated, at times.

I feel though that Interweave will improve in this area, or I wouldn't mention it!

I'll be looking out for your blog as fall goes on, and for new issues and what they contain.
AnnaM wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 11:15 PM
I want to ditto Annalea's ideas: Eunnyl's tutorials are excellent, and should be published. And the TV series Needle Arts studio is inacessible to me as welll, and it would be wonderful to download it. AND I can't wait to get the new "Simply Shetland 3" with Eunny's fair-isle modern look sweater--it is lovely! I have this feeling that Eunny sprang from the head of Zeus--how did you design so beautifully so soon? Very best wishes, Anna
Annalea wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 11:08 PM
I'm so glad to see you surface, Eunny! I figured you were swamped with your new position at IK, and that you'd come back 'round to blogging sooner or later . . . and hoped it would be sooner. ;o) Please do tell us more about what it has been like, the biggest things you've learned, your favorite memories so far, your worst experience, that kind of thing. And do please put the information from your knitting blog into a book. It's so full of excellent tutorials and really great writing.

Sandi, where I can see episodes of Needle Arts Studio if I don't get PBS? Is there anywhere online?
Eharper wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 11:07 PM
I have been knitting for about 3 years and am often amazed and inspired by young ambitious women like Eunny who have taken on the corporate world of knitting. It is such a dream of mine to combine my professional life with my passion for the art of knitting. What advise would you give an ambitious knitter who might be interested in following in your footsteps?
Rina wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 10:32 PM
Eunny.

You said you are working on a new blog. Will you keep your old blog then? Because I love all your tutorials. It's sad if they are gone.
TomlinsonA wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 9:59 PM
I just devoured my issue of IK on a long flight. The snowball hat is definetely on my christmas knit list now. Eunny best of luck and enjoy yourself. I can't wait to see what your book is like.
KathyV wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 9:50 PM
Thanks for the Bella Blouse download! Fits nicely into a sheet protector and saves my magazine from being lugged around. This is definitely the next project that will be on my knitting needles.
FlorenceM wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 9:45 PM
Congratulations on a dream job. Good luck and God Bless
LeslieG wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 9:34 PM
Would like to know if any alternative yarns have been used. Am considering making it in linen- looks lovely
StacyR wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 8:35 PM
Congrats, Eunny! However, I would like to say that I would like to see more of the beautiful patterns IK is known for in plus sizes. Granted, I have not seen the Fall issue, but I have refrained from buying this mag in the past because it seemed that the few patterns that were sized for us
tine wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 7:47 PM
Congratulations, Eunny!
How long have you been designing and from where do you get your inspiration? Will you be able to draw on this as the new editor? I appreciate your attention to detail in all that you do. All the best on your new endeavor!
RebeccaW wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 7:41 PM
I really am much happier with the pictures, I admit.... the closeups of DETAILS is much appreciated. And frankly, needed.
CynthiaP wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 7:28 PM
I LOVE THE PATTERN FOR BELLA BLOUSE I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO FINISH THE SWEATER I AM WORKING ON TO START THIS ONE. IT LOOKS SO LOVELY
CYNTHIA
SilvanaS wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 7:25 PM
I'd love to know what Eunny Jang thinks of some of the recent design changes. It's my understanding that they've been a bit controversial. Is there any likelihood that the magazine will undergo further changes? Any chance you'd consider going back to the original style of featuring the instructions alongside the main illustration?
VictoriaJ wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 7:11 PM
I would like to ask if Eunny has a journalism background. I was a flutist and ended up editing Flute Talk magazine-without a journalism background. How did it work for her?
LindaP@2 wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 7:11 PM
I really liked the issue, too!

I was wondering if it's waaaay too expensive a proposition to include, from time to time, a free dvd with the magazine that could show clips of how to do certain trickier knitting maneuvers that are commonly featured in the magazine? For my part, I'm referring specifically to toe-up sock cast-on methods. I have looked at those diagrams 'til I'm blurry-eyed and can't figure it out. I swear, I'm not a dimwit, but some stitches just are just harder to learn with mere diagrams.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
on Aug 6, 2007 6:54 PM
Thanks, Eunny. This issue of IK is wonderful.
jane wrote
on Aug 6, 2007 6:49 PM
Iloved the fall issue. There were several things I'd like to knit. If this is the new Editor at work--BRAVO!
Jane Harter