A Knitter's Thanksgiving

Nov 20, 2007

Me, at Sunny Rock B&B

I am back from Canada, and instead of being a respite from my work, the trip allowed me to re-connect with the joy behind what I do for a living. I am a professional knitter; I am a professional writer-about-knitting; knitting permeates every moment of every day of my life. However, sometimes the daily hustle-bustle of getting the Knitting Daily posts out leaves little space in my life for experiencing the simple joys of being a knitter...and this trip, though short, was full of little special moments that brought back these joys to my knitterly heart.

The first sight that greeted me, 1700 miles from home, in a lovely bed and breakfast hideaway called Sunny Rock (www.sunnyrock.on.ca) was what you see in the photo at right: a pair of antique sock blockers.
Antique sock blockers
Sock blockers! And in one of the guest rooms, a vintage spinning wheel sat in a bedroom corner. The oh-so-gracious (and funny!) owners of Sunny Rock, Sally and Jan, upon hearing what I did for a living, brought out a gorgeous handknit aran cardigan given to them by a neighbor, and they allowed me to chatter on and on about staghorn cables and honeycomb stitches and how cleverly the sweater was designed.

The perfect place to knit

On the wide veranda overlooking a river and waterfall were the perfect chairs to sit and spend an afternoon knitting and chatting, admiring the beautiful music of the water and laughing at the antics of the beaver family who live under the dock.

One afternoon, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, so I laid down for a nap. When I woke up, my husband Nicholas had pulled up a chair close by the bed, and was quietly knitting away on a pair of socks he is making just for me.

The view from our knitting chairs

And on my last day in the Toronto area, we made a mad dash to Lettuce Knit (www.lettuceknit.com), one of the area's local yarn shops, to buy Canadian yarn. I bought Fleece Artist and SeaSilk and would have bought more, but my husband reminded me that Christmas was coming...so I pointed out a couple more goodies in the shop and made sure I carefully said the name of each one twice in his hearing.

Canadian yarn!

And on the plane journey home, a young man, very puzzled by the orderly tangle of circular needles and sock yarn in my hands, got up the courage to ask what the heck I was doing. I explained the idea behind knitting two socks on two circular needles, and he told me stories of his grandmum knitting shawls and hats.

Everywhere I went, the mere fact that I was a knitter seemed to bring out tales of family and friends, gifts and histories, often from total strangers. Everyone had a knitting story, or a special knitted gift to share.

I am so lucky to be a knitter. I am so fortunate to be able to listen to stories of how knitting touches everyone's lives.

The bounty of a Local Yarn Shop!

And so, this Thanksgiving week, I am deeply grateful for all the gifts in my knitter's life: For yarn, that sweet, seductive, magical substance that I can never get enough of. For knitting needles, that quietly click and feel so warm and useful in my hands. For the creative geniuses (who humbly call themselves "knitwear designers") who come up with lovely patterns so worthy of time spent knitting thousands of stitches to bring their designs to life. And of course, I am grateful for all the elves behind the scenes who tech edit, test knit, edit, copyedit, layout, and otherwise make the patterns make the journey from designer to book or magazine.

I am grateful for my knitting friends, and for my non-knitting friends who politely compliment me on every knitted item as though it were the Sistine Chapel of knitwear. I am full of gratitude for local yarn shop owners, who are the heart of knitting in each town I visit. And when I need something exotic, the online shops are there to send me goodies from far away.

And finally, I am grateful for you, our Knitting Daily readers, who share your passion and your humor so generously.

We here at Knitting Daily wanted to share a special message with you this holiday season—so here, just for you, a little video greeting card from all of us to all of you.

Nicholas and I

Sandi Wiseheart is the editor of Knitting Daily.

A special thank you to our guest editors, Amy Clarke Moore, Kim Werker, and Lisa Shroyer, for writing such wonderful posts while I was gone. And to those of you who asked: No, I am not Canadian, but my husband Nicholas teaches at York University in Toronto most of the year, so he was the loved one I was up there visiting!

Comments

on Apr 12, 2009 5:20 PM
Pingback from Sally’s View of the River » A Knitter’s Thanksgiving a bloggers thank you
Rebecca@2 wrote
on Dec 6, 2007 11:09 AM
Has anyone designed a knitted christmas tree?
Rebecca@2 wrote
on Dec 6, 2007 11:09 AM
Has anyone designed a knitted christmas tree?
FiberFriend wrote
on Nov 28, 2007 2:50 PM
Sandi,
I'm more jealous of you with every post. Not only a great job you love, but a handsome husband - who knits as well! Too bad he lives so far away most of the time - won't Interweave let you live in York and telecommute? Come on, it's an internet world now!
Happy Holidays... Mary S.
FiberFriend wrote
on Nov 28, 2007 2:50 PM
Sandi,
Happy Holidays... Mary S.
JaneS@7 wrote
on Nov 27, 2007 8:07 AM
What a beautiful place to spend Thanksgiving! I, too, had a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving at an oceanfront beach house in NC. The hardest work all day was deciding whether to walk on the beach or sit on the deck and knit or read! Lovely. WIsh I could share a picture of sunset at the ocean with all of you.....
NinaB wrote
on Nov 26, 2007 4:54 PM
For those asking about travelling with knitting needles:
I have been on several flights here in the US and have taken both my Denise interchangeable needle kit and Addi Turbos as well as bamboo. They don't really mind although people seem less inclined to ask questions if you have something cast on in your bag at least. I have taken a whole circular needle carrying case though and never been asked. I'd say just make sure you can show a knit-in-progress so that security knows what they are for.
MelissaB@6 wrote
on Nov 26, 2007 10:37 AM
a lovely Thanksgiving blog, but I also admit to being a weaver first, and then I knit, after I spin. What is the wonderful scarf you are wearing in the top picture? Looks handwoven (and gorgeous) to me..... Pattern available?. Lissa B November 26
KayW wrote
on Nov 26, 2007 5:38 AM
Great new designs for spring. The entrelac design is right on. I have been knitting entrelac since the Annetrelac socks were in the last issue of Interweave knits. We need more entrelac books! The only one published that was exclusively entrelac is out of print! Interweave Press continues to improve and I am very impressed the entire family of magazines evolution.
MaiC wrote
on Nov 26, 2007 5:00 AM
Looking for a pattern for an adult Cowichan Cardigan sweater.
MichelleJ wrote
on Nov 25, 2007 10:53 PM
No Thanksgiving here in Australia, either. But it is nearly summer and the weather is glorious here in Tasmania.
Knitting needles are not allowed on planes in Australia. Or embroidery needles, scissors or nailclippers! The only security incident I have heard about involved a man with a sharp wooden stick, so bamboo needles are probably a no-no. I read a comment in an Australian knitting magazine from a woman who sneaks her circular needles on in her bra (like underwire) and no-one comments when she knits on the plane. Several years ago a man was not allowed to take his steel needles into a footy match (and our crowds are well behaved).
I have a six hour plane flight on Wednesday. Maybe I could use pencils ........
Emmy LouC wrote
on Nov 25, 2007 7:42 AM
PS- Please click on the "Handmade Pledge" advertised on the right above- Excellent web page. Thanks!- EL
Emmy LouC wrote
on Nov 25, 2007 7:33 AM
What a delightful and grateful writing- it was a pleasure to read and leaves a warm feeling. Thanks!- EL
DebC wrote
on Nov 24, 2007 11:57 PM
I am grateful that I have kniting to share with my 85 year old mom and 30 year old niece. Now if I could just recruit my quilting older sister!
PatP wrote
on Nov 24, 2007 2:48 PM
Your newsletter is wonderful. I am President of our local Knitting Guild and do a lot of charity knitting. I take my hats and mittens to work with me to do on lunch and breaks, and I get wonderful comments and stories about knitting. Several people have asked that I teach them how to knit. I think that when people see us knitting it brings back warm feelings of the past. Keep up the good work. Thanks, Pat P DM, IA
Carol@8 wrote
on Nov 24, 2007 2:11 PM
I love the scarf you are wearing in the first picture of this Post. could you share information on it? Carol
Mariuge wrote
on Nov 24, 2007 8:34 AM
Thank you for the lovely Thanksgiving video and for all your help to my knitting. I enjoy Knitting daily and I am glad I did find you in the net. Blessings to all of you from Germany.
GwenB@2 wrote
on Nov 24, 2007 6:54 AM
I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to my little corner of the world. (I live just outside of Toronto).
The Thanksgiving wish was a lovely one, if for me a little late.

Umm, you might want to take a look at the video again, though. What YouTube thinks is relevant related viewing is really icky.

Blessings to you and yours on this Thanksgiving weekend!
MarieG wrote
on Nov 24, 2007 4:25 AM
THANK YOU for your great e-mails!!marie
TrudiG wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 4:31 PM
Thank you for the lovely Thanksgiving video.
Trudi Goodman
Jayne wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 4:15 PM
There's a GORGEOUS one here...http://www.ilgaleja.com/collection_opera_musetta.html
but I don't know if that's what you're looking for.
JeanD wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 4:04 PM
Does anyone have a pattern for the new ruffled scarves?
dyj7188 wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 3:51 PM
Thank *you* for Knitting Daily!
PapatyaC wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 3:37 PM
Sandi, thank you sooo much for remembering us, the test knitters! We get paid and own bragging rights, but it's always nice to get a verbal thank you. THANK YOU for such an enjoyable knitting daily. It jars me from my funky day at the Architecture office when I need it most.
Jayne wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 2:40 PM
Just FYI about travelling with knitting; Int he past year I've travelled to the UK (Heathrow is the tightest airport security-wise), Mexico and the US from Canada.
Currently needles are allowed on all flights, but only non-metal ones are allowed on flights from and within the UK.
Just to be sure, I stock up on bamboo needles for whatever project I'm working on and take it with me. I've never had a problem.
Gma Linda wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 11:57 AM
Hi Sandi,
Thank you for your Thanksgiving message and all you do...I've already made the Miniature Cowichan Cardigan from varigated Christmas yarn for my little teddy! It turned out so cute!
Linda(IOWA)
FreedaR wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 11:29 AM
I am curious how Sandi was able to get knitting needles on the plane from Canada. I have been afraid to take knitting projects along on trips because of security. My e-mail address is tomfreeda@sbcglobal.net Thank you - Freeda Roberts
NancyM wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 11:19 AM
Backatcha!
CynthiaA@3 wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 9:57 AM
Sandy,
Your Thanksgiving message was very touching and appreciated! I love Knittingdaily and get lots of ideas and support for my own passion of knitting! My special thanks this season is for the beautiful new granddaughter born one week ago! Yes, i have knitted her lots of "pink" things, she came home from the hospital in the lovely "simple elegant" fan and feather pink baby blanket knit with fingering yarn! Thanks again for your love of knitting, it shows!
Cynthia
Justjane50 wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 9:13 AM
Thank you and all the staff for Knitting Daily. I always look forward to reading it. KD keeps me connected with other knitters who share my enthusiasm even though I may not share their skill. The Thanksgiving post was wonderful and totally sincere. Thank you!
BirtheK wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 8:34 AM
Hi, happy thanksgiving to all of you, and thanks for the video, so fun, from Birthe, Denmark.
Chris@4 wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 8:31 AM
Oh, that was so sweet hearing about your husband knitting beside you while you slept! Isn't it great to wake up to your hubby sitting there, you are so fortunate. Also, I can't wait for your version of the cardigan since it will be the first thing I make for myself, and it looks like we are close to the same size, so it should fit!
Chris
KathrynK wrote
on Nov 23, 2007 12:58 AM
That is a lovely scarf you are wearing in that photo. Hand knit? Pattern?
Anonymous wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 12:34 PM
Thank you so much for your letter to all of us - as for myself I found it quite moving and wanted to let you know how much I love receiving your messages. It sounds like you had a lovely vacation, and I have to say that I feel the very same way you do about Knitting - it's wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your staff.
OrvokkiE wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 12:20 PM
Hello from Toronto - a two times York U grad here! Thanks to YOU for sharing your joy in knitting with us. I am at last feeling less like a "little old lady who knits" and more like a "modern knitter!"
Repels-72356 wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 10:25 AM
I loved reading this post as I prepare to go to the beautiful dinner being prepared at my son's house--it put me in just the right mood of joy and thankfulness. I'll not forget to bring along my knitting (a pair of socks) and my hostess gift for my daughter-in-law (two knitted dishcloths). Two of my other sons will be there, and another daughter-in-law as well as four grandchildren and a big Swiss Mountain dog named Skyler. I wish for all of you that your Thanksgiving day will be a blessed one!:) Love to all, C. H.
KatP wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 10:11 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you all! Also to the knitting daily staff and specially for Sandi who brought us all together.

One last thing to Sandi - if you are ever in need of a test knitter, just holler, ya hear??? I don't work outside the home so have lots of time to knit things... txkat
NancyB@4 wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 10:10 AM
I love receiving my Knitting Daily. It is something I look forward to and it keeps me inspired. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Pepperanne wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 9:32 AM
Thank you for the mental vacation, Sandi! I am a couple thousand miles away from my family this Thanksgiving and I was feeling a little cold and lonely. Now I am relaxed and determined to spend my holiday enjoying some peaceful knitting.
Fliss wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 9:31 AM
We don't have "Thanksgiving" here in the UK (I guess because we were not too pleased when you stopped being one of our colonies!) But your video was so lovely, and the article too. A big lump in my throat and thanks to all of you for your continued humour and wisdom - absolutely the best daily knit reading on the net! Fliss
on Nov 22, 2007 9:18 AM
My husband had seen a
Cowichan Cardigan on a TV show. He loved it. This is a man who has never seen any value in my knitting. So, I have been trying to find a pattern. Then, you posted the miniature. Where do I find directions to make one just like that for a large man? I really enjoy the Knitting Daily. Thank you for all the time you put into something so interesting, fun and educational. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your co-workers and family as well. Jean
MelanieB wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 9:16 AM
Big question:

How was air travel in terms of knitter friendliness? Are knitting needles allowed? I have an upcoming flight and would love to pass the time knitting, but am afraid to have my work confiscated!

DeborahF wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 9:06 AM
Hi Sandi - I loved reading the account of your trip. I'm in Fresno, CA - and my husband was a pastor in Kitchener (Toronto area) for 2 years. One of the best Thanksgivings we had was up there with people in his parish. Our son and I came up since we had the time off, and although it wasn't their own Thanksgiving, several couples had a traditional Thankgiving meal for us that evening. It was the loveliest gesture, and a memory I will cherish. I was only just picking up knitting again after 18 years away, so I missed LYS opportunities when we'd go into Toronto. What a beautiful area.
LauraW wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 8:37 AM
Dear Sandi, you are true to your name as you truly have a Wise Heart. You are on my thank you list today. Oh, and Nicholas is certainly a hottie!!
KallieKY wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 8:21 AM
Sandi,
Thanks for the video greeting. It's great to put a voice to the words that you bring us each day! You're like my "break friend" at work when I'm catching up on the latest Knitting Daily. It's a wonderful thing!
Kallie
South Bend, IN
JanL@4 wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:37 AM
Dear Sandi,
Thank you for the beautiful Thanksgiving greeting card. I am so happy to be a part of the Knitting Daily Community and your card made it seem as if I/we really know you. To hear a person's voice and see them move brings them to you in a way that is irreplaceable. Your story about your Canandian trip was so sweet.

Thank you mostly for your humor, kindness and understanding.

Love and Light,

Jan Larivee
crochetminx wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:30 AM
Sandi, many thanks for your Thanksgiving Wishes! Jane in Houston, Scotland UK
JacquiC wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:27 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Sandi, I knew the view looked familiar and it is! It is about 1/2 hour from my home!I have a niece who is going to York at the present time.Small world eh?! Have a super weekend. Jacqui
BarbM wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:22 AM
What a wonderful Thanksgiving message. Warmed my heart and my day. Love your message each day.

Barb Meyer, Liberty Township, OH
AlisonP wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:14 AM
Now Sandi you will have to take a vacation to Nova Scotia and visit Fleece Artist! I am from NS and she was the source of my former spinning wheel. Lovely woman and lovely products.
Thanks for your effusive comments on my country.
Loishoop wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 7:07 AM
What a great vacation! Now you will have to come to New Brunswick, Canada, and learn about wristers, and gauntlets and double knit mittens and boat quilts!
LindaG wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 6:47 AM
Sandi,

You are such a great writer. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I really enjoyed this post.
KathyG wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 6:04 AM
We're thankful for you, too, Sandi, and all those who make Knitting Daily possible. You brighten our lives out here in the hinterlands and bring us together into a very special community. Happy Thanksgiving!
AmyD wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 5:48 AM
I loved the video. Thanks to you Knitting Daily for my dose of knitting friendship. Keep up the great work!
DeniseMarieS wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 5:45 AM
Thank You for sharing your vacation with us. Thanks to you and your staff for that wonderful video. It was like sitting down to dinner with all of you. Thank you all for the time you enjoy sharing your skill and knowledge with all of us who could only hope to be half as good as you. Wishing you and all readers the chance just to be thankfull, or, full of thanks for what ever makes us happy.
CindyS@2 wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 5:33 AM
I, too, am very grateful for the art of knitting. It has brought me new friendships, stories and most of all peace in this challenging world. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you, Sandi and everyone at Interweave Knits!
ClaudiaP wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 3:23 AM
We don't celebrate thanksgiving here in the UK, but I am thankful for you, Sandi, and all the team at Interweave, for this wonderful place that us knitters can rejoice in, share tips, laugh at our own mistakes, and learn from the mistakes and triumphs of others. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
NormaL wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 12:07 AM
Thanks for sharing your joy with us on this Thanksgiving.Norma Luhn
JoyJ wrote
on Nov 22, 2007 12:05 AM
Thank you Sandi for your writing, for the way you make knitting come alive, and a part of life!

Thank you for all your wonderful work, the humour and the lessons you so generously teach us.

Thanks to everyone who contributes, who teaches, and who shares what they learn.

Thanksgiving is not a holiday where I live, but I love the concept of looking for things to be thankful for.

Thanks again, and happy thanksgiving.

Jabi
Korie BethB wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 10:42 PM
Glad to be part of the community, glad to be knitting, thankful for all the wonders in my life... happy Thanksgiving to you, Sandi, and to everyone reading this!
RebeccaA wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 10:32 PM
A blessed Thanksgiving to you also, Sandi! As well as to your husband and all the staff at Interweave!
Ellen W wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 10:11 PM
Thanks to you, Sandi, for Knitting Daily. I look forward to reading it every day. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
PaulineL wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 10:09 PM
Thank you Sandi and all the Knitting Daily crew. I hope you all have a splendid Thanksgiving day.
Pauline
Judy K.G wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 9:08 PM
Your stay in Canada sounded wonderful, I so enjoy the country and its people. Many of my relatives came from Canada to the US.
Toronto is a delightful city that we try to visit often.

Thank you for Knitting Daily and all your wonderful posts...I do enjoy

Sincerely
Judy Galligan
JoB wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 8:55 PM
When we took our young son to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame a couple of years ago, I went to 2 great yarn stores within walking distance of our hotel. One was Lettuce Knit, and I thought it was great! Wonderful yarn and a friendly and helpful proprietess. After I got home, I had non-buyer's regret and called to get one more hank of the Fleece Artist merino I purchased there. It was shipped to my home. I still have it in my stash and have not figured out what to do with it yet. I'd love to see you write about that -- how to match your stash yarn to the perfect project.
SheriH wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 8:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you at Knitting Daily too. You are all the closest thing to friends I have that knit. Enjoy the long weekend and Happy Knitting!
Sheri in GA
TFoz wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 8:39 PM
Dear Sandi and all the Interweave staff,
Happy Thanksgiving to YOU ALL! We really appreciate you. :)
AndreaW wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 8:31 PM
My Thanks also, for your being here "Daily", as well as the lovely Thanksgiving post. You forgot a very obvious "item" on your list of things to be thankful for; a husband who knits!!! Mine does rug hooking so he at least "gets" my obsession with yarn/color/texture/etc...most of the time! Andrea in NS
on Nov 21, 2007 8:29 PM
Great website and wonder to know you're a great group too
VirginiaJ wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 8:29 PM
Gobble Gobble!
Thank you all for all your work to make our craft easier.
DonnaK@2 wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 8:01 PM
Hi Sandi, I'm so new to knitting, that I don't even know how yet!! I found this web site and I'm hooked before I even begin! Have a great Thanksgiving and thanks for all the work you do for your readers. I for one, really appreciate it.
Donna K. in CT
Anonymous wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 7:36 PM
I am new to knitting. I crocheted as a child like nobodies business, but couldn't knit to save my life. Well, now I can knit, and I love the network of friends that have come from this activity, and the peace of mind that I derive from this activity. Thank you Knitting Daily for being part of that peace.

Annette Shirley in the California Sierras.
JoanB@4 wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 7:34 PM
Thank you, Sandi, for that wonderful account of your trip. I actually shed tears near the end of your post. Those things you are thankful for are exactly the same for me. And how many people around me can I tell that (next to my family) I am most thankful for yarn! Wool yarn.
Joanie
LeanneG wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 7:28 PM
Well, Sandi, I just have one thing to say - I am thankful for you and all the talented staff at Interweave. You, have a joy about your knitting and knittng in general that is so infectious! Your post really touched my heart - I am so thankful for the gift of knitting!
MarleneB wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 7:19 PM
Thanks to you and all the folks at Knitting Daily. I look forward to your emails. What will the topic be today, I wonder. I love to read about knitting, and think about knitting, as much as I love to knit. Favorite knitting spots, like your lovely chairs, are essential to the knitting experience. I can knit just about anywhere, but I most enjoy knitting outdoors, and connecting to the good earth. As knitters, we have much to be thankful
for. If we have our knitting, we can be happy anywhere.
Marlene B.
KateC wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 7:01 PM
Great sentiments,thank you Sandi. Gorgeous scarf, but is it woven or knit?
Kate
YeyetteH wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:59 PM
and a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you (staff). As a long time (old) knitter I throughly enjoy your magazine and the Knitting Daily. I encourage all my knitters to 'tune in'.
Happy Knitting!!! Yeyette
PatriciaR@2 wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:52 PM
I believe the beautiful scarf you are wearing is woven in a 8 harness block twill? pcr nov 21,2007
Mary wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:39 PM
Hi Sandi, welcome back! Glad to hear you had a restful and invigorating holiday. May I ask what your husband teaches? I go to York and wonder if I've seen him around! :)
JenniferH wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:39 PM
You look radiant, my dear. So very glad you had time to reconnect & relax w/ your hubby & to knit. I always look forward to your posts. Jennifer
NancyC wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, too. I do enjoy the Knitting Daily e-mails and usually leave it until the last one of mine to open (saving the best for the last).
TaraR wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:27 PM
Oh my! Look at you two! What a cute couple! Thank you and welcome back! We enjoyed the guest bloggers very much, but we missed you. ;0)
jss1 wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:24 PM
Thanks for the lovely post and view of your vacation. I vicariously rested through you---could just hear the waterfall! Happy Thanksgiving!
Jane
RikiK wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:12 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your life with us! It truly makes us feel a part of your life, not just numbers. You guys at Knitting Daily - you are just GREAT! Happy Thanksgiving from Riki in Thailand
ShirleyB wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:10 PM
Thanks to all of you at Knitting Daily-your emails are the highlight of my day when I come home from work. And I read EVERY single part of each one! I'm new at knitting and just hope I can get to be as good as all of you. Keep up the great job-I'll be waiting. Shirley B.
ShirleyB wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 6:10 PM
VickiB wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:53 PM
Thanks, Sandi and right back at ya!! :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Nicholas and everyone else at Knitting Daily!
SandiS wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:50 PM
THank you for all the information, the patterns and the love of knitting you share with us!
AnitaM wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:48 PM
Thanks to you Sandi! I look forward to each and every post on Knitting Daily. You constantly inspire me to try different things and to think about what I really want from my knitting time. As a result I am focussing on and enjoying each moment - even if it's time spent fixing up those "little" mistakes! Oh, and BTW - you look fabulous in your Hot Tomato! :)
SusanG@3 wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:21 PM
Thank you for remembering to be grateful for the real things of life:friends,love, nature,humor,interests,fiber.
There is hope in this world!
LindaMick wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:13 PM
Thank you Sandi. I think I need to go there...

BTW, did you knit that beautiful scarf you are wearing???
KathyS@4 wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:08 PM
Happy Thanksgiving back to all of you. I have enjoyed your daily messages, and can only wish I had a job I loved as much as all of you seem to. Have a safe and happy holiday.
tabitha wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 5:05 PM
What a beautiful place to knit. Glad you got to take a little vacation with the hubby. Happy Thanksgiving.
KellieN wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 4:57 PM
Thanks in return-for all your generosity. It is a cool thing to have such an immediate and interactive knitting community.
Missyvanee wrote
on Nov 21, 2007 3:03 PM
Sounds like an absolutely lovely weekend. Elegantly stated thankfulness...