See a Video Preview of Michele Rose Orne on Knitting Daily TV

Aug 22, 2008

Sandi's Notes: The best thing about television is that you get to see your favorite designers in person! "OH, That's what she looks like!" That may sound trivial, but we in the knitting community are often separated by the internet as much as we are brought together by it. We long to know what all those amazing knitters look like and sound like--it brings the entire community closer together to have a face, a voice, and a snippet of body language to work with. Video is a fabulous tool to bring knitters all over the world closer together, to learn, to explore, to share.This is part of the magic of our new Knitting Daily TV series.

So today, I bring you a segment from one of the current Knitting Daily TV episodes--Episode 102, The Sweater, Michele Rose Orne joins Eunny Jang for a discussion about embellishing your sweater with beads without pulling your hair out! Michele demonstrates how she added beads to the Amber Beaded Cardigan from her new book Inspired to Knit. Goodies for everyone.

Here's the segment from KDTV with Michele and Eunny for you to enjoy:

Wondering where the TV show is being broadcast?

Can't wait to see the episodes? Buy a copy of the entire first season on DVD.

Want the pattern for the Amber Beaded Cardigan? Download the pattern for free! (Limited time download on Knitting Daily)

Sandi Wiseheart is the editor of Knitting Daily. Packing trumps knitting right now, unfortunately, but I'm valiantly trying to have the Camisa, worked in String of Pearls yarn from Muench (prettypretty not to mention sparklysparkly!) done before I leave for Canada. (Canada countdown? 10 days till we get there!)

Comments

SandraM wrote
on Aug 25, 2008 2:28 AM

Thank you Michele for sharing your beautiful pattern with us and for allowing us to meet you and see a few minutes of your career in designing knits.  I am going to love making this versatile cardigan (am not sure whether I will include all of the beading, yet!), as it will be ideal for our warmer weather here in Australia.

Skibart wrote
on Aug 23, 2008 9:15 AM

Saw the petal hat.  Am intrigued and want to purchase

pattern.  Where is it availble.?

Doreen

Macuhica wrote
on Aug 23, 2008 9:06 AM

This is not the segment on how to embelish with beads! ... MandyH: Try pressing button twice or so, then it works.

MandyH wrote
on Aug 23, 2008 1:05 AM

Hello, just to let you know that I have not been able to view the preview. Don't know why, but the button is just not active. Any ideas?

Mandy:)

LindaP wrote
on Aug 23, 2008 12:49 AM

I'm so glad I purchased the complete video set for season one.  I'm not living in the US for the next couple of years so now I can watch an episode every week (I''m trying to show some will power and wait each week) and it makes me feel like I'm home again.  Thanks again for offering the series.  Linda

ElizabethM wrote
on Aug 22, 2008 2:57 PM

well the pattern says the beads are added after, so they may think that we don't need special instruction on that.

MaryR@2 wrote
on Aug 22, 2008 2:33 PM

I watched the video which was supposed to show how to add the beads, that was not shown. I went to the website to try to find a video there that would show how to do so, nothing there. Where is the video showing how to do the beads?

Lynn G. wrote
on Aug 22, 2008 2:11 PM

Off topic: I just received today's blog, and realized that the blogs from August 13-August 20th (four of them, I think) never arrived in my inbox.  I do not have any spam filters at all, so there may have been a problem on the sending end this time.  I've just gone back and read all of the wonderful blog entries from this period of time and am grateful that I realized that I had missed them.  Very cool mood boards.  Did anyone else have delivery issues this past couple of weeks?