Free Pattern Ebook: Five Beautiful Gifts to Crochet

Nov 7, 2008

Note from Sandi: Here on Knitting Daily, we firmly believe that yarn should be an equal-opportunity addiction--everyone deserves a chance to be inspired to play with pretty yarns, no matter what their tool of choice. So when I heard that my friends in the Interweave Crochet office were putting together a free pattern ebook of crochet gifts for the holidays, I was delighted that we could bring a little extra joy to our crocheting siblings this holiday season. After all: The whole point of making things by hand is to spread a little more love around, yes? Definitely yes! (And you know what? Even if you are a die-hard Knitting Only kind of person, maybe take a look at these nifty gifts...you never know, you might be tempted to pick up a crochet hook one of these days...)

Please welcome Kim Werker, editor of Interweave Crochet...Heeeeeerrrrrrrre's Kim!

A Gift of Thanks

We here at Interweave Crochet spend about nine months working on each issue, and many of the people who work on our magazine also work on others. Our production schedule strikes a delicate balance, and every once in a while it ends up being not terribly ideal. For example, our Winter 2008 issue comes out just before New Year's. A mainstay of early-winter crocheting for many people is making gifts for friends, family, and charity—late December is too late to start making holiday gifts.

So one day over the summer I phoned a few people in the office and asked if we could digitally publish our staff projects a few weeks before the winter issue comes out. We had a meeting, and then we crunched to make sure we could do it right, and fast—after all, we had to squeeze this unplanned project into our already packed production schedule. After a lot of hard work by a lot of people in several departments, I'm very pleased to present to you our first gifts ebook, available for free--generously sponsored by Red Heart, with projects designed by five people involved with Interweave Crochet. We hope you enjoy these patterns, and that they'll make you even more excited for the winter issue that will arrive just when you thought you'd received your last holiday gift. See, what they say is true: Interweave Crochet is the gift that keeps giving.

We are so grateful that you're a part of our community. Your crafty talents feed our collective desire to give you the best crochet. We get excited every time we see one of your finished projects. We hope you enjoy this gift, and that you'll share your work on the Knitting Daily forums so we can see what you've made. The ebook will remain available to you for free through most of January, 2009. Thank you for crocheting with us!

-- Kim Werker

Editor, Interweave Crochet

Want more fabulous crochet projects all year long? Subscribe to Interweave Crochet magazine!

What's on Sandi's needles? I cannot tell a lie. I'm done with one slipper and well into the next--I'm knitting the Aran Slippers from Knits Holiday Gifts 2008. (No, I haven't finished the socks yet. Yes, I am working on the lace shawl. Yes, I have a couple other projects scattered around the house right now. What can I say? Would you have better self-discipline if you worked for Interweave?)

Comments

selahpraises wrote
on Nov 28, 2010 4:06 PM

I want to download "5 Beautiful Gifts to Crochet", a free pattern ebook. When I try to download it, I get an access denied message. I'm logged in. What could be the problem?

evelyne wrote
on Nov 11, 2008 12:10 PM
Hello, I have been knitting a long time,and I would like to thank you for your free wonderful patterns.I found this great basketweave pattern for a scarf, and Im enjoying knitting it a lot.I think Ill make a few in different colors. Thanks.
LoisP wrote
on Nov 10, 2008 11:15 PM
What a wonderful idea! An e-book!! All the crocheters out there should be happy as clams. Unfortunately I cannot understand crochet instructions, they are like Greek to me. If you gals have time-how about an e-book for knitters? That would be great too! hatlady in Oregon
JoyJ wrote
on Nov 9, 2008 10:39 PM

Thank you thank you!!! those are beautiful patterns.. and the free part is just a wonderful gift!!! keep up teaching both knitting and crochet

Jabi in Nairobi

DIANNEN wrote
on Nov 9, 2008 10:17 PM

Hi, thankyou ! thankyou! thankyou!!! so much for the crochet gifts ebook I think it is wonderful for us crocheters.

I want to make the Charlie Brown Sweater for my grandsons. They will look so sweet.

Dianne Neesom

Bolton Point, NSW Australia

queenoldguy wrote
on Nov 9, 2008 4:10 PM

Hi,

I don't know where to send this e-mail, I don't know about bloghs or forums, but I want to say Thank You. I can log-on now  again . It has been a long time.

Thank You once again a very happy knitter and crocheter

Diane P. Allen-Lightsey

AngelG wrote
on Nov 8, 2008 6:32 AM

Thank you!  I dabble in knitting occasionally, but I usually have a hook in my hand.  I can't wait for the Winter 2008 issue.  Thanks again.

CathyA wrote
on Nov 8, 2008 6:27 AM

Thanks Sandi - the patterns are terrific.  Question - the picture of the tin star with yarn and needles is beautiful.  Any chance you'd ever consider doing holiday notecards with that lovely photo?  I'm always looking for cards that reflect my love of fibers and handcrafts.

lainie wrote
on Nov 8, 2008 5:41 AM

Thanks! My grandma taught me to crochet over 40 years ago and I just recently taught myself to knit. I love them both and will happily continue to indulge my addiction to both.

Nicely put together little pdf. That market bag caught my interest too (along with the afghan--yikes that would take some time!).

MichelleL@3 wrote
on Nov 8, 2008 4:09 AM

Thank you for the patterns! Can't wait to have a closer look at them.

BethanyH wrote
on Nov 7, 2008 7:36 PM

Thanks! I think the market bag will be perfect for my earth conscious sister-in-law. :) Or even for that special bag lover!

*hugs*

on Nov 7, 2008 6:37 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

this is so wonderful and i like all of the projects.

JoanneM wrote
on Nov 7, 2008 6:21 PM

You are THE BEST!!  Thank you Interweave Crochet and Red Heart for the Free E-book: Five Beautiful Gifts to Crochet.  Love them all and plan on making the darling Charlie Brown Sweater and Green Marketing Bag a.s.a.p.

I love surprises!  Thank you.

eljay1250 wrote
on Nov 7, 2008 5:40 PM

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this book with us.

on Nov 7, 2008 4:27 PM

Thanks so much love to get crochet patterns thats my thing.

Gpoing to make the market bag for gifts also.

TerriLynnC wrote
on Nov 7, 2008 3:55 PM

Thank you for the wonderful patterns!  I plan to start the Market Bag tonight as a Christmas gift for my niece.  Perfect timing!

PatriciaJ wrote
on Nov 7, 2008 3:07 PM

Just downloaded Crochet presents Quick Gifts. Thankyou so much. Such a nice surpise before Christmas. Among all the gloom and doom we hear everyday this was a ray of sunshine.