Contest! Win Yarn In Your Favorite Colors

Mar 20, 2009

Last Friday, I introduced Eunny Jang's Blooming Cotton Scarf, from the current Spring 2009 issue of Interweave Knits, worked in a clever slip stitch pattern that makes colorwork a breeze.

This week, we're happy to announce a contest where the prize is enough yarn, in your favorite colorway, to knit the scarf for yourself!

As I mentioned last week, the scarf was originally knit in the colorway you see at right: Mango and Murex. Then, Eunny created three alternate colorways, seen in the photo below (left to right): Rossa Corsa, Peacock, and Tree and Ore.

Which colorway is YOUR favorite? Here's your chance to win it!

What do you do to enter?
Take this survey online and tell us which colorway is your favorite! (Don't forget to include your name, email address, and postal address so we can send you your prize if you win.)

What do you win?
Yarn! Gorgeous Tahki Cotton Classic Yarn in the colorway you chose as your favorite--enough to make the Blooming Cotton Scarf. (Download the free pattern for the Blooming Cotton Scarf if you haven't done so already.) And you also win a free copy of the Tahki Cotton Classic book, 3rd edition.

Visit the Blooming Cotton Colors Contest webpage for full descriptions of the colorways, contest rules, and a link to the survey so you can enter and have a chance to win!

And if you haven’t gotten your copy of the Spring issue of Knits yet, visit your local yarn store or order here.

Sandi Wiseheart is the editor of Knitting Daily.

What's on Sandi's needles? I appear to have been bitten by the Sock Bug--I finished one pair on my trip, and cast on for another pair last night. No one has cold toes when I'm around!

Comments

Dubhglas wrote
on Apr 6, 2009 3:14 PM
Who won?
BirgittaV wrote
on Mar 23, 2009 8:04 AM
This contest is SO discriminating as the rest of your contests since we who live outside the US and Canada are excluded!!!! Buuu Birgitta from Sweden, Europe
Chingachgook wrote
on Mar 22, 2009 9:33 AM
ummm, I think this is a positive comment: I read the complete rules & regs for this contest, and they almost scared me off. It was only faith in Interweave, which I have been dealing with lo these many years, that let me enter the contest. After reading the lengthy "hold-harmlesses", this doesn't feel too much like a comunity, and reminds me that indeed, it is commerce. But after all that, Dear Interweave, thank you for these forums and opportunities for us to interact.
Line TangenF wrote
on Mar 21, 2009 6:52 AM
I have to say that I agree with DIanaJ, it's no fun that Europeans never can enter your contests. When your community/newsletter is open to all, the contests should be too!
DianaJ wrote
on Mar 21, 2009 2:42 AM
Hi Sandi, it disheartens me, that there never is a chance for me to participate in the kind contests since I live in Europe, it almost feels like discrimination to me. We are a global village after all, arent we? sad greetings from Germany, nana.
Fleurdeau wrote
on Mar 20, 2009 8:16 PM
Dear Sandi, Why Quebec is excluded of the contest? I subscribe to your newsletter. I received Interweave's book as a gift. Now, I'm wondering why Quebec citizens should continu reading Kniting Daily information! Please add Quebec!
Else10 wrote
on Mar 20, 2009 12:08 PM
The contest page is not over a secure link. This will keep me from entering! Please advise. Thanks!