New Free eBook! 7 Free Knitted Lace Patterns

Apr 3, 2009

Great Free Lace Pattern eBook:
Knitting Lace: Knitting Daily Presents
7 Free Knitted Lace Patterns

Are you addicted to lace knitting? Or maybe you've admired some of the gorgeous knitted lace patterns out there and want to give lace knitting a try?
Here are seven of Interweave's top knitted lace patterns, gathered together in one FREE ebook for you.

There's a knitted lace pattern here for everyone, from beginning lace knitter to advanced! Beginners can try their hands at a lovely knitted lace scarf (there's two easy lace scarves to chose from), then move on to a triangular lace shawl, a pair of knitted lace mitts, and a knitted lace hat. More experienced lace knitters will love the Icelandic Lace Shawl. The knitted lace cardigan is worked on large needles and uses a traditional lace knitting pattern for a knockout lace sweater. Something for everyone!

Download Knitting Lace: Knitting Daily Presents 7 Free Knitted Lace Patterns

We want to know what you think!

The Knitting Daily Galleries have become a hallmark of our newsletters over the past two years. But are they "just for fun" or do they play an active role in what you knit and how you knit it? We've constructed a short survey to find out how you use the Galleries. And if you'd like another look at the Galleries, you can view them here.

Thanks so much!
-- Sandi

Sandi Wiseheart is the founding editor of Knitting Daily. She is now the author of the popular Knitting Daily blog: What's on Sandi's Needles.

Comments

JoyC@12 wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 8:52 PM

Lovely patterns, unfortunately the one I'm interested in is shown only as a chart with no true instructions and I cannot figure out how to read it even though I've been knitting for 36 years! I have been unable to find better instructions on how to read these on the website either. I feel that without warning printing only one of seven patterns without the actual written instructions was very unfair to those of us who use the more traditional patterns.

shayb wrote
on Apr 7, 2009 11:04 AM
Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed in your computer before you download these patterns. You can get the latest version here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO I hear there is also a work in progress to make sure that the printing of page 20 works correctly. Hopefully there will be an update to that very soon. For the readers who are having problems keeping logged on, try clicking the "remember me" box right below your username and password before you click "Sign in". As long as your computer is set up to remember cookies, and not erase your internet browsing history each time you close your broswer, then you should be able to simply open up to www.knittingdaily.com and be automatically logged in each time. It works for me, so I know it will work for you all! Free patterns really are great, especially when they come from Sandi!!
HelenS wrote
on Apr 6, 2009 1:45 PM
Glad it worked for you, VanessaM. I was a bit disappointed to find that all of the patterns were repeats, too!
Danielle wrote
on Apr 6, 2009 12:52 PM
Two other reader suggestions that have seemed to work for others:

1. I too have had problems. Try this Firefox users: you need to choose button #4 (bypass PDF download) from the dialog that comes up when you start the download, and it will work. I'm using FF 3.08 and the first 3 button choices confuse the download as there is extra code attached to the PDF download. OR, you can change your 'download PDF' settings. Go to TOOLS>PDF DOWNLOAD OPTIONS choose the OPENING PDF 'tab' and then choose "use PDF plugin". Again, I'm using FF 3.08, the latest version, and this is accurate. Don't know about different version. Good luck!

2. The problem may be with an Add-On on Firefox called "PDF Download." If you have that add-on, either disable it or choose to ignore it and your problems should be over. I had the same problem until I disabled the add-on and then then problem disappeared and I was able to download the patterns. Hope that helps.

MaryD@6 wrote
on Apr 6, 2009 9:47 AM
I get an error message when I try to download the patterns. I was able to download patterns in the past so something has changed. Any suggestions?
JoyJ wrote
on Apr 6, 2009 6:40 AM
thanks for the ebook! I love the sweater.. will try it out!
on Apr 6, 2009 4:39 AM
Love the idea. Was unable to print page 20 for instructions to the arrowhead shawl. Is there any way I can get that sent to my e-mail. I wanted to make this one for summer. Please let me know. I can print every other page except that one of the 27 in the download. Otherwise, can Iget a copy of the book. Enjoy your newletter immendsely and love to try new patterns.
crochetonly wrote
on Apr 6, 2009 1:09 AM
I can't get the patterns at all. Keeps claiming I need to register, but I am register. After numerous tries I am done trying to download the free ebook on lace patterns. Does it really exist?
khasut wrote
on Apr 5, 2009 11:34 AM
I too also really REALLY dislike how difficult it is for members to download patterns. We're already getting the newsletter - chances are we're signed up! We shouldn't have to click through four pages just to get to the download. (I'd also love it if the site cookies actually worked and remembered my login so I don't have to log in every other day, but that's probably my computer and not the cookie coding.) Can't wait to try the cardigan!
Bsproat wrote
on Apr 4, 2009 9:31 PM
Unrelated question: did you ever finish your Skinnier Gathered Pullover? I've searched all over the KD site, hoping to find out, but didn't find anything later than approximately up-to-the-cables on the resized version. I'm knitting it now and feel like there may be a mistake in the pattern right after the cables, on the right side -- and I'd love to be able to find out from someone who's been there if I'm right, or if I've just misunderstood something. Thanks.
LadyS wrote
on Apr 4, 2009 7:19 AM
Thank You!!! Had the Spectrum Scarf already, but LOVE the look of the cardigan. Lovely cuff edge on the sleeves! Learn something every day!!! I noticed the name of the Penobscot Scarf! Never saw the name Penobscot other than on the COOL downtown building in Detroit. (Thanks for bringing back childhood memories of coming back from Thanksgiving dinners and watching out the car window for the red ball on the tip-top of the building spire. You could see it for miles and miles.) After some googling learned it is from the name of a Native Amer. tribe in Maine and a river there. Thank you again for a favorite website!! Diane
LindaS@12 wrote
on Apr 4, 2009 5:43 AM
Hi Sandi, Just want to say thanks for publishing this absolutely great booklet on my birthday! What a great present. Can't wait to start the tam. Thanks for all your thoughtfulness on your blog. Look for it every day
annkrake wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 11:23 PM
Hi Sandi! Thank you so much for these free lace patterns. Knitting Daily is one of the best parts of my day! Thank you for all your hard work and the high quality of what you present.
VanessaM wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 5:41 PM
Ahhh, thank you HelenS. I had to tell my scriptblocker to allow the interweave site before it would show me the link :)
MarieD@2 wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 4:51 PM
Sandi, I also finished a pair of socks for my husband this week. DSCN3125.jpg Lucky guys!
SandraJ@2 wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 4:38 PM
Thank you so-o-o-o-o much for the gorgeous free lace patterns. Knitting Daily and Knit Picks are the best!!!! Thank you again.
Carol Y wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 4:07 PM
Thank you for the free patterns. I also filled out the survey and I'm glad to see you are asking for our opinions - I hope you get the feedback you need.
Lev wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 3:37 PM
I usually just click on the FREE PATTERNS tab in the navigation, and the newest free pattern is usually listed first. Then I click on the Download (whatever pattern) link, and then click the link next to the large PDF icon. It does seem like some extra clicks along the way, but I also love FREE patterns.
HelenS wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 3:28 PM
I was able to download it by persistently clicking on the links saying I want the pattern (you have to search for it at times). I did mean going through several pages, though. When it asks you to register, look higher on the page (I think) for where there´s an "Already a member" option; click there and it's just a few more times of saying you really want the pattern and you should get it.
VanessaM wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 2:52 PM
I'm in total agreement with HelenS; in fact I still have not been able to download the patterns. I am signed in, but when I try to download it asks me to register; when I put my information in it tells me I have already registered; but nowhere does it actually give a signed-in person the option to download! If anyone has managed to get over this hurdle, can you please post your solution here?
HelenS wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 2:41 PM
Thank you as always for the free patterns; but why do you make it so complicated to download them? Even as a member and currently signed in, I have to click on several different pages (yes I really want the pattern; yes, I want it again; I am already a member; and YES I WANT THE PATTERN AGAIN!) Don´t you have a way of detecting that I am signed in as a member and just download the pattern with one click? I don't always have access to a fast internet connection here (Guatemala) and so this can take a while. Thanks!
Cafe Mocha wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 1:21 PM
I fell in love with the lace cardigan, but Tahki Kerry seems to be discontinued. Is this a new pattern?
Sally-AnneG wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 1:13 PM
Wow! what a great gift :) I am inspired to try something new. Thanks for all your great work at KD!!!! I look forward to your emails every day. best wishes Sally-Anne