New Free eBook! 7 Free Baby Knitting Patterns

Jun 5, 2009

Great Free Baby Knitting Patterns eBook:
Baby Patterns from Knitting Daily:
7 Free Baby Knitting Patterns

There is nothing quite like a handknit baby gift.

Our readers are always asking us for more baby patterns: adorable little knitted gifts to make for new members of the family, or for charity.
And it's no wonder baby patterns are so popular! Baby knitting patterns knit up quickly, and oh, the look of delight on the faces of the new moms and dads when they see the special something you have made!

Here are seven darling little baby patterns, chosen especially for this free knitting eBook by yours truly, Sandi Wiseheart, founding editor of Knitting Daily and auntie to the cutest nephews and nieces on the planet (humor me, here). I've made several of these baby knitting patterns for my own wee family members, so I've included my personal favorites here for you (and your own cutest-babies-on-the-planet) to enjoy.

These seven baby patterns are some of Interweave's best-loved baby knitting patterns: a set of booties shaped like barnyard animals, a simple garter-stitch kimono, an adorable pair of baby's first socks, a trio of cuddly (and easy!) toys, a simple lace beanie, a classic cabled cardigan, and a lace blanket full of stars. These baby knitting patterns range from beginner (the kimono) to intermediate, and each one has that little something extra to properly welcome that special new little one into the world.

Download Baby Patterns from Knitting Daily: 7 Free Baby Knitting Patterns

Comments

on Jan 22, 2011 6:19 PM

Why is this free download baby still on your page.  I can't download it.  All the comments I read are from 2009.  When I go to download I receive a message that this can't be found.  \This was happening in 2009 and here it is 2011 and the problem still isn't fixed.

emilyjacob wrote
on Dec 5, 2010 11:22 PM

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and

needs to be appreciated by everyone

<a href="www.plrprivatelabelrights.com/what-an-e-book-can-do-for-you" rel="dofollow">Ebooks</a>

CaroleKrieg wrote
on Jul 16, 2010 9:58 AM

Have a 4 1/2 yr old grandaughter who wants to crochet or knit andy ideas on how to teach her so she will like to keep up with her learning?

Cindy L wrote
on Jan 25, 2010 1:48 PM

I am new to knitting daily and recently downloaded the baby patterns. I am having trouble with the vine lace baby hat. It seems like I keep adding stitches and not dropping any to make the holes for lace.  If someone can help that would be great.

cindy

ErinTM wrote
on Jan 18, 2010 1:41 PM

Hey there. The link to the patterns is throwing a 404. Are the patterns still available?

RobertaW wrote
on Jun 16, 2009 8:15 AM
I have tried repeatedly to printout the baby patterns, and am having a hard time. I keep getting kicked out of the download and nothing seems to work for me. This happens to me all the time with your other patterns too. What do I need to do tofix this. Bobbe
pinktoque wrote
on Jun 8, 2009 5:35 AM
Sandi, The download issue has to do with what browser you're using, so please pass that along to the tech team. The page does NOT show properly for FireFox users, only Internet Explorer users. When I am using FireFox and I click, I do not see the box at the top, above the registration form where it says "current members click here" ... so it appears I cannot download (same problem everyone else above is mentioning - it appears there is no link for members) -- However, when I use a FireFox extension that allows me to view the same page within Internet Explorer, suddenly I can see that box above the registration form that has the button "current members click here." This is a website design issue. The page is not properly coded to show up the same in FireFox as it does in Internet Explorer. Maybe consider adding a plain text link at the very bottom of the download pages as a click-through for members instead of an image? That might help. Thanks.
HelenaZ wrote
on Jun 8, 2009 4:34 AM
I love the Vine Lace Baby Hat, and would like to make a couple for some friends about to have wee ones. But, is there a bamboo or milk yarn subsitute that i can use instead of the Lana Grossa merino wool? I am in the UK, so it would have to be something I can get my hands on here. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Amy@2 wrote
on Jun 7, 2009 4:19 PM
AbbyB, thank you. Your instructions worked perfectly. This was driving me nuts!!
on Jun 6, 2009 4:03 PM
What a wonderful surprise! I made the sheep booties for a friend when the issue first came in 2000 out and then I lost the pattern. I thought it was lost forever. I am going to start a pair for a friend's baby tonight. Thank you!!!
DebbieR wrote
on Jun 6, 2009 3:40 PM
Thank You for the patterns! My favorite are the Barnyard Booties....can't wait to get started :-) ....and no problems downloading....
KD Sandi wrote
on Jun 6, 2009 9:06 AM
**** Hi all, Sandi here...I've sent a notice to our tech folks asking them to take a look into this download issue for you...I don't know if someone will get back to us this weekend or first thing Monday, but hang in there! If I can find a workaround, I will post it here. And Judith E, you do not have to subscribe to the magazine Interweave knits to get the free patterns---just sign up for the website Knitting Daily and they're all yours! Thanks all--hope you enjoy your weekend! Sandi
JudithE wrote
on Jun 6, 2009 7:58 AM
So the only way to get the free baby patterns or the herringbone sock pattern is to subscribe to Interweave Knits ? Am I doing something wrong or is this an e-scam ?
M. D.H wrote
on Jun 6, 2009 6:08 AM
Thanks for the baby patterns. Something else that would be useful: something nice to make for the older sibling, to keep noses in joint!
sherrysemloh wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 3:13 PM
Thank you for the great baby patterns! No download problems. I appreciate these very much! I have a question about a pattern that appeared in Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2006. Is there a chance that the Brioche Gaiter pattern by Ann Budd on Page 59 has any corrections or additions? I find that going from row 1 to row 2, or even the other way around, that the stitches just don't lend themselves to the change required by the next row. I have faked the transitions, but I don't care for the look of 2 knit stitches right next to each other where the rows change. I'm not a novice knitter, but this one has me stumped. Can you help, Please! Thank you so much! Sherry Semloh
JeanB@2 wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 2:58 PM
Free baby patterns are as usual very nice. No download problems. Thank you
EvelynU wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 2:37 PM
You're right--it can be done. It's just that the obvious way to do it doesn't work. When you request the free book, instead of letting you sign it, it only asks you to register. And if you're already registered, it says, ha, you're already registered, this won't work! And the reset password link goes to an error page. It's lovely that you are giving us this free gift, but when the free gift leads to aggravation and frustration, it kind of backfires.
starlitesis wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 2:30 PM
cannot download ;(
Judee wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 12:43 PM
If you need assistance logging in to access the free patterns, please contact our Customer Service Department at CustServe@interweave.com. Tip: When logging in on our site, click the Remember Me button.
Danielle wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 12:36 PM
If you're already a logged in member, when you get to the register page, simply click the yellow button that says "Current Members Click Here". You'll go right to it - Enjoy!
Freecia.wang wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 12:13 PM
Thanks to AbbyB! Here's the direct link http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/patterns/archive/2009/06/04/baby-patterns-from-knitting-daily-7-free-baby-knitting-patterns.aspx
JoyC wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 11:30 AM
Same problem as everyone else. I really would like the download, too! Is there any solution to this problem?!
BridgetK wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 11:16 AM
Thank you so much for the free patterns. I always enjoy them, but these baby patterns are adorable. I especially cannot wait to make the barnyard booties for my new great grandsons. Thanks again!
SuzanneB wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 10:58 AM
ditto to the maze of finding the download! I gave up the last time you offered an ebook.... but with all the new babies in the neighbourhood I would really like this one. Thanks for your newsletter btw - I've learned a lot since subscribing! Suze
BethS wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 10:07 AM
Sandi, thank you for the free baby knit patterns
BethS wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 10:06 AM
Sandi, thank you for the free baby knit patterns.
wanabelle100 wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 9:58 AM
Yah I can't access the downkload either!
AbbyB wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 9:58 AM
Thought I should add -- although I found the sign-in confusing, I was in fact able to download! I would suggest the following steps -- On the knitting daily email, click the "Free patterns" link at the bottom right. Sign in. Click the baby booklet, which should be at the top of the list. Click the download link above the free trial issue offer. Voila!
AbbyB wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 9:55 AM
Hey all! Hate to complain, but the way your website is with this release makes it very difficult to download the baby patterns from the main links to it, as there is no option to sign in if you are already a member! I had to go to the main page, sign in, then look for the booklet. Maybe you can add a sign-in :) Best, -abigator
JuliaM@4 wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 9:54 AM
I too get the same problem when I try to download the free pattern ebook.Even after I go to the website to log in and get the pattern ebook, it still directs me to page to register.
AmyK@2 wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 9:53 AM
Me too! awww :(
DeannaJ wrote
on Jun 5, 2009 9:50 AM
I'm signed in. When I click on the Download link, it takes me to a page where I need to click on another link, and that takes me to a register page. But I'm already registered so that fails. It's a twisty maze....