Presenting the Interweave Knits Fall Galleries

Aug 12, 2009

Welcome to the galleries for the fall issue of Interweave Knits (or as I call it the new-classic issue of Interweave Knits). From the very launch of the Knits Galleries, I loved them--as soon as a new issue of Knits came out I watched Knitting Daily like a hawk, waiting to see my favorite sweaters on the gorgeous gallery gals. Now I get to introduce my first galleries to you; I hope you like them.

We're showcasing four sweaters and four models; one model in her 20s (Keira), one in her 30s (Toni), one in her 40s (Brenda), and one in her 50s (Ruth). We want to show you how one garment can span the test of time and look good on many different people of different ages, body types, and skin and hair colors. Each of our models really made the garments their own; selecting the garment itself and then wearing it with their own personal style and panache.

Click on the photos below and then scroll down to view the fall Knits galleries.

If you haven't gotten your copy of fall 2009 Knits yet, ask for it at your local yarn shop; or purchase it online from us. Get this magazine while it's still available--it's a classic!

Have fun with these, and let us know what you think!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Comments

AlisonT wrote
on Aug 18, 2009 7:14 AM

I don't really care that the models are different ages - SHOW SIZES.  Go back to Sandi's early posts and comments please and revisit the reasons for having the galleries in the first place!

The point was not to show the garments off to their best advantage, but to examine the details of design and fit and ways to make the pattern work for different body types!

on Aug 16, 2009 3:31 PM

Will it soon be posible to get the interweave knits on line? if so where can I go to transfer my subcription to online copy?

kkkkatie wrote
on Aug 13, 2009 3:41 PM

Dear Interweave, I Just found my Grandmother's beautiful silk yarns, cashmire yarns and tiny threads of (looks like Mohair) skiens. She was a beautiful person and fabulors knitter. I now hold her insruments! I would love a simple shawl or wrap to show cases the  yarns, I'm told the colors though mute are just gorgious. I knit but cannot see, I'm extreamly tactile and would love to wear these fabrics close to my face. My girlfriend will be reading your pattern and describing the picture. I'm so glad to once again have my Dad's Mom so close. Kate

FrancescaC@3 wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 10:49 PM

Thank you for sharing this preview with us.

knitjudi wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 6:05 PM

I feel that all those garments can be worn at any age. Laurelena you sure did make me laugh with the typo 430 inch! Too funny!

Laurelena wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 4:07 PM

Hahaha< I said 430 inch hips. No, not that large, just 40 inch. :P

Laurelena wrote
on Aug 12, 2009 4:00 PM

These are great garments and they look fabulous on all the gallery girls.

However, I'm disappointed that lately, there are less and less gallery images of the garments on larger women. I'm not just talking about plus sizes, just even moderately larger! All the women are tiny! They are lovely women and look great, but it's disappointing that they are all similarly small. I have a 37 inch bust, 30 inch underbust and 32 inch waist with 430 inch hips. It'd be nice to see someone more like me or larger in there.

There used to be more larger women in the galleries. It helped out a lot! Why the change? What's the point in the galleries if the pictures are not very different from the magazine models. Isn't it supposed to show the garments on different body types??