7 FREE Knitting Patterns for Men

Oct 7, 2009

Our newest free eBook is all about men!

Knitting for men is a popular topic here at Knitting Daily, and because we live to serve, we thought we'd gather our favorite men's sweater patterns and package them up into a lovely collection: Knitting Daily Presents: 7 FREE Knitting Patterns for Men.

Editor Sandi Wiseheart has chosen five men's knit sweater patterns and a couple of essential accessories, all picked with warmth, wearability, and great style in mind. So whether you're a man knitting for yourself or a woman knitting for men, there's something here for everyone.

The Old Way Gansey by Ann Budd is a comfortable, drop-shoulder pullover designed with traditional motifs. This sweater blends the best of old and new styling.

Kate Kuckro's Charcoal Ribbed Cardigan incorporates saddle shoulders, vertical ribs, and a narrow shawl collar to make this men's knit sweater a perennial reader favorite.

If a men's knit scarf pattern is all you need, try Ann Budd's Basketweave Scarf: It's perfect to knit for yourself or for a gift. Comfy and stylish, it's a wonderful addition to any guy's wardrobe.

Rhapsody in Tweed is a mock turtleneck by Kathy Zimmerman. It's a fabulous design full of Kathy's trademark cables—this one will be a favorite for men who knit and the women who borrow sweaters from them!

If you're looking for a little colorwork in your sweater knitting, try Norah Gaughan's Striped Pullover. Its simple, slip-stitch pattern knits up so quickly. And every man likes a bit of color, right?

Sandi Wiseheart's Nicholas's Fingerless Gloves will keep your fingers warm while you go about your business—whether knitting, texting, raking leaves, or walking the dog. The cable-stockinette pattern is sure to please all wearers.

The Woven Band Pullover by Hana Jason is the perfect man's sweater: simple and stylish. This is truly one for the ages—a linen stitch background and a crew neck all in a one-piece, cuff-to-cuff construction.

So here's to you, men! Let's get knitting!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Comments

Dahl Delu wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 2:19 PM

How about some more patterns for men (who knit). I did the "Old Way Gansey" and call it my comedy of errors sweater. Would love to find some decent (not 1940's) cardigan patterns.

bancs wrote
on Jun 20, 2010 9:18 PM

The seven patterns are good looking

mo hall wrote
on Apr 14, 2010 7:37 PM

living in Queensland Australia we do not have a great need for warmer sweaters but all too often recently I have had requests for these and the patterns are so good for people travelling to cooler climates .Consequently my fingers are being kept rather busy.Marvelous to read the  comments.

juliesbass wrote
on Dec 17, 2009 5:26 PM

I need help with Nicholas's fingerless gloves , I don't understand what it means when it says sl m in rnd 2 on hand and thumb gusset .Please help me .

juliesbigassredfish@yahoo.com

CindyH@3 wrote
on Oct 9, 2009 11:10 AM

Thank you for a good looking set of patterns for men.  I am glad Knitting Daily seems to be returning at least somewhat to knitting.  Keep going in that direction.

I do have a question.  When I click on the link to download the book, I have no option to log in, only to sign up as a new user.  When I start that process, I finally get the option to log in.  Wouldn't it make sense to have the option to log in on the page that opens up when you click on the link in the e-mail?  Most of the people that do that would already have a log on.

Thanks,

Cindy

desertwind56 wrote
on Oct 8, 2009 9:42 AM

So, if you are going to give away patterns that I have ALREADY BOUGHT in your magazine, why should I buy the magazine?  I'll just wait for the free patterns.

on Oct 8, 2009 8:29 AM

hello, I think it will be better if you explain the method of knitting the patterns so that we can also try them.

on Oct 8, 2009 6:21 AM

I love Knitting Daily and thanks for all the free patterns and free books.  Keep it up!!!!

RobinL wrote
on Oct 8, 2009 6:08 AM

1.  Thank you for the new lovely patterns.  Finding patterns for guy stuff is always difficult.

2.  Why do you guys always make it so difficult to find the download links for things?

I clicked over from your email newsletter which already described the pattern booklet yet I get brought to a page with nothing but an advertisement and about four boxes asking for my email address without any explanation whatsoever about why you want my email...I mean I clicked over from your newsletter...you already have my email address and I'm already signed into your website.  Why can't you just bring me to the download page with a clearly marked button or download link?

rox090522 wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 8:18 PM

File for the 7 men's knit project was damaged

pelo wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 2:35 PM

Muchìsimas gracias por sus patrones de libros gratis es como si me dieran un premio por ser su seguidora, yo compro las revistas en Sanborns y ahora en Librerìa Polanco, ya que en Sanborns son contadas las revistas que llegan de interweave.

Nuevamente gracias

Alejandra.

mandyangela wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 2:09 PM

I have a nephew who will be 18 shortly and I have been looking for something to make for him - I think the cable sweater will be just right!!!

GerryC wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 1:03 PM

Thanks much for the patterns for men.  Much appreciated.  Keep 'em coming.  There are guy knitters too!!  Wayne Corbitt

Danielle wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 12:01 PM

DianeU - did you enter your email address first, then click the red button? Give that a try and I bet it'll work for you.

DianeU wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 11:46 AM

Your link to download isn't working.   I clicked all the red buttons and it doesn't go to the next screen like it usually does.

Ellen wrote
on Oct 7, 2009 10:54 AM

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!!   I am sooooo glad you have added mens knits to your site.  They are the hardest patterns to find.  I THANK you so very much!