New Free eBook! Knitting Instructions: Seven Free Knitting Patterns for Knitting Accessories

Dec 18, 2009

Today on Knitting Daily we're debuting our new free eBook, Knitting Instructions: 7 Free Knitting Patterns for Knitting Accessories!

I'm excited about this free knitting pattern collection because I love knitting accessories! It's great to have a smaller project on the needles so you can get a break from your big sweater or afghan project, or perhaps you like accessory knitting patterns best--either way, this is the collection of free knitting patterns for you!

These seven must-have accessory knitting patterns include:

Cabled Leggings by Ann Budd: Not your standard 80s legwarmers, these stylish beauties are perfect for wearing with tights, a skirt, and some funky shoes.

Cable Rib Socks by yours truly: Developed for my LYS Sock Club, this sock pattern is easy and quick to knit. The design works equally well with variegated yarn and solid yarn.

Boom Bag by Kate Kuckro: This bag is super cool and fun to knit—you get to take the scissors to your felted bag!

Snowball Hat by Katie Himmelberg: We all need a cute knitted hat in our accessory wardrobe, and this one fits the bill perfectly.

The Crumpet Beret by Maura Kirk: This one-skein wonder is also interesting to knit, and the perfect gift accessory.

The Spectrum Scarf by Eunny Jang: With just a one-row lace repeat, you can whip out this scarf while watching your favorite movies.

The Lace Scarf by Lene Home Samsøe: This beautiful, feminine scarf is an heirloom-quality project.

This collection of free knitting patterns will keep you busy throughout the winter, practicing  your skills on a small scale and  perhaps challenging yourself a little here and there! And in today's economy, we could all use a couple of one- or two-skein projects, right? You can “shop your stash” to find yarn for many of these knitting patterns.

So download your free eBook now and get knitting!

Have fun with these projects!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Comments

nearlythere wrote
on Sep 1, 2014 3:42 AM

Yep the link is a different ebook with bulky slippers and a quilt wrap.

gailprentice wrote
on Jan 20, 2014 4:05 PM

I love your Cable Rib Socks pattern...it is not in the current 7 Accessories e-book, though. Is the patter still available? Thanks!

on Jan 20, 2014 5:26 AM

At last managed to log in! The system repoeatedly did not want to accept my adress and password....

TricotE wrote
on Oct 7, 2013 7:09 AM

Hi,

I came here from ravelry looking for Kathleen's Cable Rib Socks (www.ravelry.com/.../cable-rib-socks-3 ), but the link in this post goes to a different ebook

Thanks,

Filomena

PS: I'm allways looking forward for my IK to arrive in the mail, thanks for a great magazine!

woolarious wrote
on Mar 1, 2012 9:34 AM

I just printed this out and it is in a foreign language..can't figure out how to change it. Help????

Marleine wrote
on Jun 2, 2010 7:34 AM

thank you Kathleen for  sharing all these gorgeous patterns  for us members.

i am searching for patterns with snowball yarn. they have little bobbles on them.

apparently they are new in the market and different names.eg; marshmallow

yarn,and pom-pom they look like popcorn on the yarn.

please send if you do come across  the pattern to my email address or on this post.

thank you.             Marleine.

StaceyH@7 wrote
on Dec 23, 2009 1:41 PM

Okay, I am the first to admit that I am NOT a great knitter. I'm left-handed (which doesn't seem to be a great asset for interpreting knitting instructions), and I don't knit on a relatively regular basis -- wish this wasn't the case, but it's true. If I get to pick up the needles once every two months for a small project, I'm lucky. Anyway, I downloaded the latest e-book and set out to knit the Spectrum Scarf. If nothing else, I can knit, purl, and yarn over pretty good, so I figured I was okay to try this project. Right away, I knew I was having trouble. I can't get the seemingly simple pattern stitch to work. I think I had it going for about a row and half, but that may have been what I thought were mistakes I was making! I ripped my futile efforts out and started again. Second effort was even worse -- nothing right at all this time. It seems that there are too many stitches between the YO's that form the lacework portion of the pattern -- instead of YO's being "connected" like the photo demonstrates, my little holes have essentially a rather raggedy stitch between them, both vertically and horizontally. Any ideas from the experts? I have the exact number of stitches on my needle, and I'm not coming up short of with one too many after I finish a row. Please help!

koleraba wrote
on Dec 19, 2009 9:46 AM

A lovely Christmas gift - thank you all very much. And to all of you at the IK: Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year. Andrea

on Dec 18, 2009 9:57 PM

The patterns looked interesting--too bad they were writtten in a language different from English-----pgkell@hotmail.com

on Dec 18, 2009 9:13 PM

Thank you, so much, for the wonderful gift of the 7Free Knitting Patterns for knitting accessories.

What a wonderful holiday gift!

Maison

snookums4 wrote
on Dec 18, 2009 8:46 PM

Oh Kathleen,

Thank you so much for the 'accessory' patterns.  I am so excited.  I really enjoy knitting lace.  These patterns are just

gorgeous.

Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas and a very Healthy New Year !

Linda McAteer

kncantolupo wrote
on Dec 18, 2009 2:26 PM

Thank you for such a great knitter's Christmas present!

Free Patterns!!

Kathi

JanetS wrote
on Dec 18, 2009 7:35 AM

Thank you so very much for the free e-book of accessories!  It is a lovely gift for Christmas for me.  You know that I am a faithful subscriber of Interweave Knits and really want you to know how much I appreciate your generosity with this Accessories e-book.

THANK YOU and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, too.

Jan Shott