Lily Chin Knits Power Cables

May 17, 2010

I've been waiting so eagerly for Lily Chin's new book Power Cables and it's finally here. Leave it to Lily to come up with a book that totally demystifies cables and gives A TON of cable patterns and projects that use these cables inventively and beautifully.

Lily excels at making complicated knitting directions clear and accessible, and Power Cables is no different. I've done lots of cabling, and I learned several new things within five minutes of reading Lily's book.

Here's Lily on Knitting Daily TV talking about several of the projects in her new book. Enjoy!

The 5-Way Cable Wrap from Power Cables by Lily Chin
Lily's 5-Way Cable Wrap

I know you can't wait to start cabling like Lily, so here's the 5-Way Cable Wrap from the book, a free pattern to get you going until you get your copy of Power Cables

The Cable Wrap is the epitome of versatility. Wear it as a stole, a shrug, a poncho-the options are so varied that you'll find yourself reaching for it again and again.

And it's an addictive knit, too; you'll want to see those cables develop quickly!

Here's to power cabling!

Cheers,

Featured Product

Power Cables The Ultimate Guide to Knitting Inventive Cables

Availability: Out Of Stock
Was: $24.95
Sale: $2.99

Paperback

From basic twisted stitches to complex interpretations, you can cable with confidence with master knitter Lily Chin's knitting cables expertise and designs.

Comments

on Aug 7, 2013 2:04 PM

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO BUY A DVD OF LILY CHUN 'S POWER CABLES. WILL POWER CABLES EVER BE OFFERED IN DVD FORMAT?

angelscharge@gmail.com

LoriK wrote
on May 31, 2010 9:28 AM

Hello! I love the 5 Way Cable Wrap from Lily Chin. The pattern calls for wool yarn. Is there another yarn I could use that would hold its shape such as a cotton/silk? I would like to wear it for spring and summer. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Lori

mechelle wrote
on May 23, 2010 7:00 AM

She is a hoot, and didn't miss a beat with "just like a politician"!

Ginger wrote
on May 20, 2010 6:23 AM

is anyone else getting an error when opening the pattern file that cannot be repaired?

puglady wrote
on May 19, 2010 7:46 AM

thank you knitting daily for my e mail seeing lily chin.  My schedule does not permit me to view all shows so having the clips on my e mail is my way to keep in touch. loved lily chin-can't wait to try some of her techniques!

jaknitsea wrote
on May 18, 2010 7:26 PM

LOVE LILY CHIN!  I want this book now!

Go cables Go

Janice in Southeastern Wisconsin

on May 18, 2010 1:39 PM

I learned how to knit in Germany. I use the pick method. One thing puzzled me for a long time: Why are double ended needles sold in sets of four. I always had to buy two sets. Today on your show- I  learned why:  you only use 3 needles to make socks!! -this looks so uncomfortable !  I always divide the stitches on four needles and use the 5th to go around-much easier to hold and knit..

Maybe, you would like to try this.

Ute

on May 18, 2010 7:14 AM

Lilly Chang I hope I can get in one of your classes someday. . .

Will you bve in Estern Wisconsin anytime soon ?

on May 18, 2010 6:28 AM

This is AWESOME!! I have too give this a try!! Thanks Lily Love your work I'm a Big Fan!!

Nancyjane wrote
on May 17, 2010 7:15 PM

I gave this beautiful pattern to my friend,Anita, who has the skills to make it and it is so lovely.She knit it with  lilac heather Irish wool . I tried it on ,it will be her daughters once its finished,it felt wonderful on my shoulders.I am not young or beautiful anymore but the work made me feel beautiful.  Thanks Lily for your style!

DeeVH wrote
on May 17, 2010 5:03 PM

Got to LOVE Lily!  I've taken several classes with her at Stitches West and she is wonderful and extremely talented!  Thanks Lily for all you bring to the knitting community!  Dee

Monkeygurl wrote
on May 17, 2010 2:23 PM

Hah.  "Just like a politician".  What a hoot.