Free eBook! Knitting Techniques for More Successful Knitting

Jul 2, 2010

Download Now!
I've learned that what separates good knitting from GREAT knitting is the details.

Each step in the process—from using the correct cast-on to applying appropriate shaping to blocking your project—can make the difference between something that stays in your closet to something you wear all the time with pride!

This collection of free tips and tricks will help you become a more successful knitter—go from good to great!

There are knitting techniques here that you'll find indispensable; some of the things you'll learn are:

—Casting on for ribbing

—Making a French knot

—Working short rows

—Felting or blocking your pieces successfully

—Making an applied I-chord

—Doing a three-needle bind-off

—Finishing a project with pom poms and tassels

Most recently, I used the three-needle bind-off on the shoulders of the Heather Hoodie Vest (one of my knit-alongs), and I remembered how much I like it—it's an easy, sturdy bind-off that leaves a clean, professional look. And the blocking tips in this eBook are the best! You won't believe how good your knitted items look after a good blocking!

So what are you waiting for? Download your copy of Knitting Techniques for More Successful Knitting: Help for all Levels from the Knitting Daily Experts.

Cheers,

Comments

jen wilson wrote
on Jul 8, 2010 1:03 PM

Kept taking me to the subscription page too.  I couldn't download.   Very annoying.  Then I followed OPKnitter's advice but got a notice that said the file was damaged.

Equally annoying.

Patty@99 wrote
on Jul 6, 2010 1:52 PM

I could not download, get message 'the file is damaged and could not be repaired' is there some way to be able to access this free e-book - Knitting Techniques for More Successful Knitting??

Thanks!

BellaNote wrote
on Jul 4, 2010 12:15 PM

OK, thanks to other posters I found the link.  But the book turns out to be just "ordinary," like so many of your other "free" projects.

Raise the bar, OK?

BellaNote wrote
on Jul 4, 2010 12:11 PM

The "claim your free copy" button just goes to a page for buying other stuff....what's with that??

TieDye wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 2:37 PM

It would be so much easier if you used the technique for crochet cast-on for the provisional crochet cast on. Just crochet three stitches normally and then start wrapping it around the knitting needle for how many stitches you need. End it with a few stitches of regular crochet. It's easier then pickup through the back loop, you don't have to worry about only part of the yarn being picked up.

Purrcat wrote
on Jul 2, 2010 3:26 PM

Awesome, thanks!!!

Danielle wrote
on Jul 2, 2010 10:21 AM

If you're having difficulty opening the PDF, please make sure you have the most current version of Adobe Reader which you can download for free here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Also, FireFox will sometimes default to some odd settings. You'll either need to go in and change those settings, or simply open in Explorer.

Enjoy!

on Jul 2, 2010 10:06 AM

I am unable to download and print.  Keeps telling me is an error in the file.

judithzientek

OPKnitter wrote
on Jul 2, 2010 9:19 AM

The actual Download link is in teeny type, right under the book title, at the top of the subscription page.

MaryC@81 wrote
on Jul 2, 2010 8:59 AM

I could not download -- keeps taking me to subscription page.  I already subscribe