Do you know anyone who wants to learn how to knit? Well, after teaching several sessions of beginning knitting at my local yarn shop, I decided to put together a booklet of knitting instructions for beginner knitting.
Introducing our new free eBook
How to Knit for Beginners: Easy Knitting Instructions to Help you Learn to Knit
Knitting for beginners is one of my favorite things to teach because I love getting people started in the craft that I love so much! This eBook focuses on the knit stitch, which is the building block of all knitted items.
I wanted to pass this eBook on to you so you could pass it along to people you meet who want to learn to knit!
There are all kinds of knitting instructions here, including:
- Before You Start: Information about supplies you'll need, yarn, needles, reading yarn labels, and gauge
- Casting On: How do a slip knot and how to cast on using the long-tail cast-on
- The Knit Stitch: How to make the knit stitch
- Binding Off: How to bind off your stitches at the end of your project
- Joining New Yarn: How to join a new ball of yarn
- OOPS! Fixing Common Mistakes: How to unravel stitch by stitch and how to avoid extra stitches
- Your First Projects: Easy knitting instructions for a garter-stitch scarf and a garter-stitch dishcloth
- Recommended Reading: Some great resources for beginning knitters
|Includes two free beginning knitting patterns!
So if you know someone who wants to know how to start knitting (or maybe you're a beginning knitter yourself!), help get them going on the right foot by forwarding this email to them.