Kathleen's Favorites on the Web: Pickles.no

May 20, 2011

This could be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Pickles.no is a website that's headquartered in Norway. Two knitters contribute to it—Heidi and Anna—and it's really a knitter's treasure. Anna and Heidi are multi-crafters, just like I am—just look at their cute logo, above! They had me at the cross-stitched "K."

What first drew me to Pickles.no was Heidi and Anna's baby knitting patterns. This turban is the most precious thing I've ever seen! (And the accompanying coat isn't too shabby either. If you love knitting for babies (and knitting for children, too!), there are so many patterns on Pickles.no, you won't know where to start!

The Puff Daddy. I love it! The pickles gals have patterns for smaller versions, too.
What put me over the edge, though, is the Puff Daddy stool. I've seen these knitted stools in shops for upwards of $300 bucks, and I always knew I could knit them up myself for mere dollars, in some sort of hearty, bulky, acrylic yarn.

And then what do you know, Anna and Heidi come up with a pattern! It's so cute, and perfect for just about any decor, especially if you're a knitter!

Between the turban and the stool, I knew I had to share the Pickles.no goodness with you Knitting Daily folks. So enjoy!

Cheers,

Comments

Thaima wrote
on May 31, 2011 8:29 AM

@Judy Bethea:

If you look carefully in the English explanation (italic text), they link the English version of the pattern. Actually, the blog post is just a little text about the pattern, the patterns are placed somewhere else. Both Norwegian and English version. Not sure if that made sense, sorry.

Judy Bethea wrote
on May 30, 2011 11:45 AM

Kathleen, this is really a cute baby set!  However when I tried to download the pattern it involved multiple pages including all the advertising stuff down the sides of the instructions.  Is there a way to reformat it so one gets just the pattern and not all the extraneous material?

Thanks,

Judy

Mizzcrochet wrote
on May 29, 2011 2:32 AM

Makes me proud to be Norwegian :) Love the Puff Daddy!

CrochetFreak wrote
on May 28, 2011 3:45 PM

That turban is precious! X-D

CarlenL wrote
on May 28, 2011 3:35 PM

I just completed 2 of their patterns, Autumn Leaves Vest & Oh Handsome Sweater, for my granddaughters.  Their patterns are cute but beware that they are not very well written or maybe it's the translation that was done.  I had to go to Ravelry to get feedback for some of the problems that I encountered.  After they were completed they are cute.

on May 28, 2011 7:58 AM

I just downloaded the girlie hoodie in English. It is adorable.

on May 28, 2011 5:59 AM

Do they ever translate their patterns into English>  I really like the girlie hoodie on there today, but could only find the pattern in norwegian.

taana wrote
on May 26, 2011 6:16 PM

thick and quick should do it...

Kelleigh wrote
on May 20, 2011 4:22 PM

WOW!  I must have....now where to find yarn for #13 needles...cheap ;-)