Tom Hanks' practical joke on Julia Roberts

Jul 12, 2011

This is so cute! My favorite quote: "You're knitting me!"

Maybe Julia will teach these guys how to knit.

Comments

Ameda wrote
on Aug 2, 2011 1:34 PM

How can two sticks and a string be funny?  You add every "burly" guy on a set!

ElaineM@46 wrote
on Jul 20, 2011 1:59 PM

Pasted this own to my knitting group... I know we will be talking about it!!

diesel diva wrote
on Jul 19, 2011 6:43 PM

I thought it was a great prank. In the past, master knitters were male so it's not new for a guy to knit. I think it would be great if men learned how to knit and not worry about how it looks to other guys.

on Jul 17, 2011 11:14 AM

Simply Delightful... What a Hoot ! Luv it..

KathleenRV wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 7:37 PM

Actually THAT IS what I used to quit smoking, even though I'd been at it for about 3 years when I finally manages to quit.  It's a great replacement for the "hand" thing, lol.

Knitting has SO enriched my life and that of my project receipients not to mention I may have saved my life :-D

Kathleen

la jefa wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 3:50 PM

Teach these guys how to knit 8" x 8" squares and they'll be able to help keep AIDS orphans in S. Africa warm. Go to knit-a-square.com for details.  They have people there who join them in blankets for the children.  It is winter there now and babies are sleeping on bare floors in near-freezing temperatures with no blankets.

I encourage anyone reading this to join in also!

Carole Lee wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 1:33 PM

Of the men you know, what percentage of them knit and what percentage care to learn? Therein lies the validity and humor of the prank. I know exactly one who is even slightly interested, and he is my 80 year old dad. His interest is restricted to watching me knit when I visit.

We don't have to pretend that the fact that most men couldn't care less about knitting means we are not enlightened. Reality isn't bad. It simply is what it is.

Linda Ball wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 12:32 PM

great prank-but seriously-how is it possible that, in our enlightened times, the idea of men knitting is viewed as a prank?

naomidb wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 8:33 AM

The wonderful story here is how Julia's knitting is making a difference.  Men knitting?  That could shift the universe!

Jo-YarnChic wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 7:05 AM

Too funny! I know that had to of made Julia's day. :)

jwhite46 wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 5:55 AM

Funny!   I think it's cool that so many people are now into knitting!

mec_lec4610 wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 6:21 PM

I love this!  My favorite quote is "and that's all you need in knitting is just a girlfriend to get you started."

Toni Rexroat wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 2:47 PM

"That's all you need in knitting, just a girlfriend to get you started." I loved that!

Julie47 wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 2:44 PM

I laughed as hard as Julia did. Thanks for posting - this was great.

Lee wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 2:36 PM

that is hysterical! Julia's reaction is priceless. thanks for sharing that--it made my day! :)