The Fall issue of Interweave Knits is almost here (And so is a digital subscription option!)

Aug 1, 2011
The Dahlia Cardigan from Fall 2011 Interweave Knits Spacer 10x10 pixels
Heather Zoppetti's Dahlia Cardigan
The Dahlia Cardigan from Fall 2011 Interweave Knits
Dahlia Cardigan front view and sleeve detail

Spacer 10x10 pixels

A note from Kathleen: I just saw the Fall 2011 issue of Interweave Knits, and it's really fantastic! I absolutely fell in love with Heather Zoppetti's Dahlia Cardigan (pictured at left).

The intricate-looking flower motif on the back of the cardigan are reminiscent of one of my favorite types of needlework, an old-fashioned doily. The sleeves grow out of the simple rectangle for a loose, drapey cardi that's so beautiful.

I love the detail on the sleeve cuff, too (pictured below left). This piece is versatile too—you can wear it loose and swingy in front or closed up to achieve a cowl-like look.

The Dahlia Cardigan might have just cut in line and moved to the top of my queue!

Along with a new issue, we've got a new subscription option! We've teamed up with Zinio to offer a digital subscription that's delivered right to your computer, iPad (hooray!), Android, or whatever form of tech you like best. I love this option because it's so perfect when you just have to have it; which is how I feel about the Dahlia Cardigan.

There so many must-knits in the new Fall 2011 Interweave Knits. Here's editor Eunny Jang to tell you more!

Pembroke Wrap
  Pembroke Wrap
Spacer 10x10 pixels Varsity Stole
  Varsity Wrap
  Honeycomb Jacket
  Honeycomb Jacket

Fall into Place

We knitters, we know that time and season are fluid concepts.

It might be August, but we're already dreaming of cool, crisp October. It might be ninety degrees in the shade, but we're digging through baskets of wool and breaking out our cable needles. We need to prepare—knitting a sweater doesn't happen in a weekend, so we'll take that head start on fall cardigans and pullovers, thank you very much. Mitten knitting over a slice of peach pie—what could be more natural?

In this Fall issue of Interweave Knits, we've gathered ideas for knits that work for every week of the fall—light, lacy pieces for warm September days that mellow into chilly evenings ("All in a Golden Afternoon"); rustic colorwork for harvest fields ("The Teleidescope Turns"); bold stitch work in big yarns for when the weather turns downright cold ("The Elements of Knitting"). And we've got three simple little layering pieces just right for wearing as cardigans or jackets ("Knitting Interrupted").

We've got you covered—literally.

And along with juicy knitting projects we're exploring techniques, fibers, and designers' studios in this issue: Rediscover double knitting with Alasdair Post-Quinn in "Extreme Double-Knitting;" learn something new about Shetland wool in "The Very Stuff"; and come into the studio with the owners of Kelbourne Woolens in "Kate and Courtney on Courtney and Kate."

Our knitting adventures are taking us far afield this season, helping you get inspired to make something new.

Get a digital subscription and get your hands on the issue even sooner—after all, fall will be here before you know it.

P.S. While you're at it, take a look at the fall preview!

Comments

moniru wrote
on Nov 16, 2011 10:21 AM

Please add Interweave Knits magazine to the Newsstand for the iPad.

Jazzyspinner wrote
on Aug 14, 2011 11:55 AM

If I switch to digital subscriptions, will I be able to access my copies anytime I want? And how long will I have access to the copies - ? Until my subscriptions run out or what?

JodiS wrote
on Aug 3, 2011 8:30 AM

@maryhanna

Hello! The price is listed in the gray bar at the very top of the screen. I'm sorry, I'm not sure if you are asking about Interweave Knits or Spin-Off since I posted that link earlier so I am hesitant to post an answer.

Best wishes

maryhanna wrote
on Aug 2, 2011 4:04 PM

The subscription form forces me to give my payment information before I know how much it costs.  Can you please post pricing information?

JodiS wrote
on Aug 2, 2011 10:58 AM

Hi @MernaS,

I'm sorry to say that the print and digital subscriptions are separate so as of now you can not access digital without a separate subscription.

@AshleyG@4 Spin Off is also available digitally, here is a link! www.zinio.com/.../publisher

I have asked our folks involved with sockupied to please address questions related to the emags.

Best wishes!

Onyourfeet wrote
on Aug 2, 2011 10:57 AM

Hi! @statenplace, the Interweave team is busy getting the eMags available for the iPad, and that detail is one of the things we need to work yet, thanks for asking!

AshleyG@4 wrote
on Aug 1, 2011 9:18 PM

I am very excited about being able to read it on my Android tablet. Could you pretty please allow the sockupied be available on the tablet too!? I just got the newest one but was really bummed I couldn't have it always with me on my tablet. :(

Also hope your Spin Off will follow suit as well!

Thanks for putting my favorite things together keep it up.

MernaS wrote
on Aug 1, 2011 8:09 PM

I love IK and want both -- print and digital editions! They enhance each other. Many magazines allow print subscribers to access their digital editions. Will Interweave do that too?

MernaS wrote
on Aug 1, 2011 8:04 PM

I want both -- digital and print editions of IK! Print editions are fun to browse through (I have a complete collection) but having access to their content on my iPad would be wonderful.

Many magazines allow print subscribers to access the issues digitally as well. Will Interweave let us do that?

JodiS wrote
on Aug 1, 2011 3:20 PM

@jkeating829

1) At this time, there are no plans for compatibility with the Nook or Kindle.

2) Because digital subscriptions are powered by our partners at Zinio we can not easily transfer subscriptions between versions. However, we can refund print subscriptions fo customers that would rather order the digital edition. You would just need to contact customer service (interweaveknits@pcspublink.com) to cancel after you order the digital subscription.

I hope that helps!

Jodi Smith - Circulation Manager for Interweave Knits

statenplace wrote
on Aug 1, 2011 9:23 AM

I love, love, love, the new eMag Sockupied as well as the past two. Will I be able to convert them to read on my iPad once that system is available?  It would be so great to take the eMag with me when traveling!

on Aug 1, 2011 8:22 AM

That sweater with the back knitting detail is so cool. Could it be knit in a diferent color of yarn carrying the color to the sleeve and collar ribbing? That would really pop out in my estimation.

jkeating829 wrote
on Aug 1, 2011 7:52 AM

quick questions about the digital subscription:

1.  will it work on a nook color (Barnes & Noble ereader)?

2.  if you are already subscribe to hard copy is there a way to transfer over the subscription to digital?