Knitting for beginners is one of my favorite things to teach because I love getting people started in the craft that I love so much. Our eBook, How to Knit for Beginners, has recently been updated to include step-by-step instructions for how to knit the purl stitch.
And there's a new pattern in there too, The Ribbed Scarf, which is perfect for putting knit stitches together with purl stitches to create an attractive, unisex scarf!
There are all kinds of knitting instructions here, including:
• Before You Start: Information about supplies you'll need, yarn, needles, reading yarn labels, and gauge
• Casting On: How do a slip knot and how to cast on using the long-tail cast-on
• The Knit Stitch: How to make the knit stitch
• The Purl Stitch: How to make the purl stitch (new to this edition!)
• Binding Off: How to bind off your stitches at the end of your project
• Joining New Yarn: How to join a new ball of yarn
• OOPS! Fixing Common Mistakes: How to unravel stitch by stitch and how to avoid extra stitches
• Your First Projects: Easy knitting instructions for a garter-stitch scarf and a garter-stitch dishcloth
• Recommended Reading: Some great resources for beginning knitters
Our eBook also Includes two three beginning knitting patterns!
So if you know people who want to learn to knit (or maybe you're a beginning knitter yourself!), help get them going with How to Knit for Beginners!