Oh, how we love our yarn. The feel of it, the color of it, the look of it. I even like the smell of a good, raw wool!
We love our yarn every day, but today is extra special because it's the Craft Yarn Council's I Love Yarn Day
! So do something special with yarn today—here are some ideas:
- Knit in public.
- Start a new project.
- Visit with your stash.
- Teach someone to knit!
- Wear your favorite handknitted item.
- Have a yarn exchange with your knitting group.
- Go to a yarn shop and discover a new yarn or fiber.
- Get together with your knitting friends and drink a toast to yarn, and then consider a group charity knitting project.
- Carry a skein of yarn around in your handbag all day; occasionally reach in and pet it.
- Put a skein of yarn on your dashboard so everyone who walks by your car can see your love for yarn!
- Take a photo of your favorite yarn and use it as your Facebook profile picture (and post about I Love Yarn Day!)
- And best of all: knit, knit, knit!
Have a great day loving your yarn.