A Knitting Resolution for 2012

Dec 28, 2011

My project to look forward to after I finish all of my UFOs:
Twisted Diamonds Socks by Ann Budd, from Sockupied
I'm not a huge resolution person. I think about them, about how it would be great if I made them and actually kept them, but really, who does? I don't know anyone who's been hugely successful with a new year's resolution. Do you?

This year, though, I'm turning over a new leaf. I'm making just one resolution and I intend to keep it. Really.

My resolution is to finish all of my UFOs. Ack! Can I do it? I think I can, I think I can.

The first thing I'll do is evaluate each UFO (unfinished object, in case you didn't know), and decide if I really want to finish it. If not, I'll ravel it and save the yarn for something more worthy. I've got a few things in progress that I really love and some things that are obsolete, like a tiny intarsia sweater for my nephew who's now 6. I think it might fit his thigh. I would finish it and give it to an appropriately sized baby but I just don't like it that much. And if I'm going to do an intarsia sweater, I want to love it. Know what I mean?

I have numerous pairs (soon-to-be pairs, I should say) of socks to finish; two sweaters, one of which has been on the needles for three years, and I really do still like it; several scarves; and who knows what else I'll find in the "in-progress" bin. I'm kind of excited to look through it and kind of scared.

Some of my UFOs. From left to right: A sweater sleeve (the last piece to the sweater), a cowl that just needs its ends woven in; two-thirds of a sock, and a lonely blue toe (the other sock is done, I just can't find it!).
The interesting thing about so many of my UFOs is that they're so close to being finished. I think I could actually complete them all in a couple months of my regularly scheduled knitting. I just have to keep myself from starting anything new, which is really the problem. I get easily sidetracked when I see a new project that I want to make; I go into that, "Ooooh, shiny!" mode and drop what I'm doing to start on the shiny, new project.

I think I need something to look forward to starting while I finish up my in-progress projects. And I pick . . . a new pair of socks! Specifically, the Twisted Diamond Socks by Ann Budd from the inaugural issue of Sockupied. I love them. Bonus—both issues of Sockupied are on sale until 12/28/11, and they're terrific. Check them out in the Knitting Daily Store!

Cheers,

P.S. Upon looking through my stash and UFOs, I came up with another resolution: donate the yarn that I'll never use. I've come across some surprisingly lovely yarny finds at Goodwill, so I think I'll add mine to the mix. Or maybe there's another charity you know of that I can donate to! Please let me know in the comments.

Comments

epepper wrote
on Jan 3, 2012 1:39 PM

Not sure if you will have the same thing where you live - but here there is a group of ladies that knit mittens and hats that are distributed locally.  Some are given out at Christmas and others are made available to schools to hand out to the kids that show up without.  They are always in need of washable yarn.

Em

on Jan 2, 2012 8:48 AM

I was inspired to go back to my stash of all projects and gt re-organized.

Thanks Kathleen.......

sfaddies wrote
on Jan 1, 2012 8:08 PM

Don't unravel your project look at it differently My Mother had been working on a sweater before she died, I couldn't finish it as there was no pattern.  I cast off and then used it as the front of a pillow.

KimW@2 wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 10:19 PM

Donate yarn to a nursing home (for senior crafts activities) or a Headstart, too, although Goodwill is also a good idea.

Resolution?  Hmmm...I really should knit everyday...even if it's just a row or a round.  I have a pair of fingerless gloves I need to finish in 2 weeks, as well as a shawl which must be complete in almost 2 months (yes, they're gifts).

Then I can restart that shawl kit, and maybe join a knit-a-long.

Am I being too ambitious?   ;)

Escullinan wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 6:34 PM

Just made the same UFO resolution about 2hrs ago. Motivation? When I've finished them, I get to start something new!

on Dec 31, 2011 7:18 AM

I  am a knitter that hates started projects  ..but not finished. I have a few things and I do pass them on.  I have a suggestion . put the unfinished project in a baggie with printed info.  And enough yarn to finish the project. (I am thinking  small  projects)  and donate then that way. Many people would love finding this in a thrift shop. I would!  Happy new year ! judy

drspear98 wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 5:47 AM

I don't have any UFO's, since I am a more novice knitter, but my new year's resolution is to learn how to lace and cable knit.  If I can learn those, maybe I'll learn how to color knit.  One thing at a time, though. . .

Mthrrhonda wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 5:13 AM

I recently donated 2 kitchen sized garbage bags of yarn to a group that knits chemo caps.  It went to a good cause and allowed me to see what I really have to work with in my stash!

Mthrrhonda wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 5:13 AM

LadyKRose wrote
on Dec 30, 2011 10:27 AM

Good for you Kathleen.   I gave up on resolutions a long time ago.  But, I am trying to finish my backlog of UFOs which include three shawls, two scarves, an afghan and two summer tops.  Some of these I carry in my knitting bag to my groups, some I work on at home only [too big or too complicated to do at groups], and some are seasonal items - like the summer tops, and at least one shawl has been sitting for over 5 years.   Maybe, it'll be easier now that I'm better at lace knitting.

I like the ideas for where to donate yarn.  I can vouch for Project Linus and Senior Centers as god places to donate to.

NancyW@75 wrote
on Dec 30, 2011 12:09 AM

Kathleen,

I was gifted a ton of yarn from a friend that has MS and can no longer knit. She had several UFO's that I knew I would never be able to match her tension, and what pattern had she been using anyway?! I unraveled all of that and took any yarn that didn't have any identification to our elementary school. The teachers were so excited about getting the yarn. They use it for so many different art projects. Try making some kids (and teachers) happy!

Nellie in Tyler, TX

DevoZ wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 2:11 PM

Hi Kathleen,

Happy new year. Good luck with this very large resolution.

It just so happens that I have recently made the twisted diamond socks. I did them in a stretch cotton/wool yarn, they came out very nice.

If you really need to donate I would love it. Lost my job and I dont have a stash, except sock yarn.

good luck and keep us posted.

My resolution is to do more knitting.

Devo in NJ

sally37 wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 1:25 PM

Kathleen ----   Happy New Year! !  Glad someone else (and there are many, I'm sure) who have trouble keeping N Y resolutions.

I finally gave up one making a new resolution each year.   I've finally decided the way to do it is to just make !:  I try each year to do a little better than the year before.  Only problem I have is finding a yard stick to measure each year and record it.    Well, here's to another year --- I HOPE to do better......Lois37

KathyB wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 11:57 AM

Do I HAVE to finish the crocodile sweater I started for my nephew when he was 5?? He is 27 now. And there are no grandkids or great nephews yet in my family. It is just Red heart yarn, but I have never been able to make myself take it apart!

I give yarn I end up not wanting to the church knitting ladies. They make lots of pretty things for hospitals and shelters to use.

penguingirl1 wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 11:12 AM

I have a good charity for you to send you extra yarn to.  Mine.  I have a knitting and crochet business, but I also use all my left over yarn to make hats and scarfs to donate to my local food banks and homeless shelters, and I am always looking for  more yarn to do this with.  My email is nancycscrafts@aol.com....you can email and I can email you back with my mailing address.  Thank you.  Nancy Condon

LeeT wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 7:49 AM

I'm in Spokane, too.  I keep an eye on Freecycle to get yarns, but am always too slow.  It goes very fast on it.  I like the idea of the senior centers, though.  Those of us on limited incomes really can't afford the nicer yarns, and letting them have yarns and/or patterns would be a gift beyond their imaginations!

MargoL wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 7:20 AM

Mittens for Akkol uses wool and other animal-fiber yarns to make items used in orphanages and baby houses in FSU, especially Kazahkstan.  They have a lot of people who have time to knit but not always the money for yarn, so we share our bounty - and can use yours, too !

www.mittensforakkol.com

They have an associated 501(c)(3), if you feel the need of a tax donation receipt.

Another place I've donated non-animal fiber yarns over the years is a local senior center in Plano, Texas, and a church knitting group in Chicago, Illinois.  You  might ask around locally.  Both had groups of people who knit items used in local shelters or give out to kids in afterschool programs, so the donation has a double benefit.  If there is a knitting guild or shop near you, they might know of a group that can use the donation.  When I moved I took a carload to the senior center and they were beyond thrilled.  And no shipping cost!

sugary wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 9:22 PM

You could donate the yarn to Operation Gratitude at :

California Armory National Guard

ATTN:  Rich Hernandez

17330 Victory Boulevard

Van Nuys, CA  91406

The organization provides them to people making caps & scarves for members of the military and wounded warriors.  It's an amazing organization!

Dorothy

infcont wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 8:50 PM

Great ideas!

Check with the Senior Citizen Centers - they often knit for charities and free yarn is like gold for them!

on Dec 28, 2011 8:44 PM

And thank you for "the push" to complete favored projects-----and to determine

what we will never use. It is time to utilize the investment!  Mariette

on Dec 28, 2011 8:42 PM

Senior Centers are so pleased to receive yarn from our stashes. Please remember

that Senior Centers generally provide social activities, crafts, etc for the mature who are relatively healthy. Many however have extremely limited incomes and can never

purchase any yarn, certainly not fine yarn.

So give them and your own heart a lift  taking a decorated basket or box to the

neighborhood Senior Center. It will be difficult to swallow and hide one's tears.

Mariette

TrishG wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 8:37 PM

I send yarn to the Women's Prison in Gig Harbor.  The ladies knit and their knitted items are donated to the Homeless.  It is a win-win-win....

SharonS@2 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 8:28 PM

Any Salvation Army Thrift Store would love to receive your excess yarn.  I check ours out all the time.

Sharon

on Dec 28, 2011 7:56 PM

it's also my new year's resolution so finish up all my existing wip's. three sweaters, two afghans, a pair of socks, two hats and a stuffed gingerbread doll. well, i think that's all - i might be leaving something out. i periodically go on a 'no wip left behind' campaign, where i ravel all unwanted projects and finish all wanted ones, but it's been a while. and never before have i endeavored to finish *all* unfinished projects in any sort of time frame. :D

step one - photograph everything and give it a ravelry entry. that might be harder than actually finishing the darn things. :) i'm terrible at documenting my stuff on ravelry.

step two - ravel projects and sell yarn. there's a bit of destashing in there as well. and i thought step one was going to be hard. :D

Sojustask wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 7:52 PM

I have 2 UFO's to finish, a granddaughters afghan and my husbands socks. Might even get the socks completed before the end of the year. I applaud your resolution to complete your UFO's and to donate your yarn that you don't want.  The Goodwill is a good idea, but there might be a knitting group that could use it too.  I know that the group I was in at the library was super excited when I brought in a huge bag of yarn that I felt I would never use. And it was good yarn, but I had one of those moments when I asked myself, "What was I thinking when I bought that?" And since I couldn't remember, it got donated.And the women were thrilled because a lot of them were on fixed incomes and never saw this kind of yarn. We don't even have a local yarn store, just Hobby Lobby and Michael's.  It felt very good to enable them to get to play with luxury like yarns that the would never purchase for themselves. Kind of like Christmas. So, maybe there is a group in your area who would appreciate the yarn and make good use of it. Maybe a school there has a program that teaches knitting and could use the donations for the program.   Or, Good Will.  LOL.  But those are a couple of other ideas.

AmyC@52 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 7:11 PM

I currently have 2 projects that I need to finish. I am on the 2nd sock past the heel,but I am losing interest. I also have a scarf to finish up. I want to finish these before starting anything new.WISH ME LUCK,lol!

Debbie Lee wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 5:06 PM

I have donated yarn to the local hospital Volunteers Association. They knit hats for preemies and other babies born there. I also read an article about Knitting Behind Bars, an organization that is trying to rehabilitate incarcerated men by teaching them how to knit. You can find them on Ravelry. They are excepting donations of yarn and needles.

Peanut.chew wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 4:36 PM

Re, yarn donation: Periodically, I do charity yarn sales via my blog. I post a suggested donation price, and the buyer comments claiming the skeins they want. When I confirm their claim, they make a donation to a charity we mutually agreed upon. (Last time I did this, my recommended charities were City Kitties and the EFF. Most people donated to those two, but I also had folks give to Second Harvest and UNICEF.)

I usually pay the postage because I like seeing money go to charity. It's a time-intensive way to sell yarn, but it helped charities that don't normally see a lot of yarn-related action.

ennadoolf wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 4:24 PM

I made a resolution for 2010 to learn to knit socks - and I did!  (though I cheated and made pedicure socks first, lol)

I then made a resolution for 2011 to learn to crochet - and I did!  (though I need YouTube to reminder me how to do a dc or an sc when I start each project - I plan to make little laminated cards for my crochet project bag).

And for 2012?  I haven't decided yet!  I do have that UFO shawl that I love and would love to finish ... maybe I'll copy you and finish that!

Great article by the way.

Quickie49 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 4:06 PM

Which Goodwill? I'd be happy to buy some.

spankyvb wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 4:02 PM

There's a group of GI women who knit in Afganistan and they give the items to local children. I believe you did a story on them,  maybe someone at Ravelry knows. Also there are groups who knit and crochet for the troops.

on Dec 28, 2011 3:58 PM

Good luck Kathleen. I have been using up the extra balls from my stash to make hats for the homeless here in Ottawa, but I got so many other great ideas from the comments posted here.  Thanks to everybody.

Rabecca wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 3:48 PM

Good for you!  I did something similar last year, and lots of sorting and slimming the stash.  One afternoon, I reclaimed all the yarn from abandoned projects, including a finished sweater that I didn't like.  It was $100 worth of yarn, and I wanted to make something I could wear!  Recycled that into a "Cloud Chaser" vest and it's now seeing regular use.

Part of the fun here is realizing how much more skill I have.  Things that were difficult are no longer--and some are even a little boring.  I have come back to a few projects that were a snap to finish up now that I really "get" cables or lace, for example.

Right now I have two completed sweaters ready to block, which is just ridiculous.  I might even get to them today.  Meanwhile, expecting UPS any minute with some new yarn to start my first sweater of the year!  :)  Good luck and thanks for keeping us posted, Kathleen!

LynnM@12 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 3:38 PM

Also there is a group of folks knitting sweaters for 3-5 year old children in India (see web site www.help-kids-india.org).  This would be a great place to donate yarn.  You could send yarn to the treasurer of the organization - Susan Pratt.

rachsouth wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 3:02 PM

There's a girl in Cincinnati that makes and sells matching girl & doll hats, with all the proceeds going to provide dolls to the girls in the Cincinnati Children's Hospital - you can find her by googling Kai's Love Hats. She accepts yarn donations if you want to help out there. :)

idtwinmom wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 2:59 PM

You may want to check with any of the local shelters in your area. We have a wonderful teen shelter (Covenant House) that teaches the kids to knit or crochet and they are always thrilled to receive donations, even small ones. If you can donate hooks or needles with the yarn it's helpful, but not necessary. We have heard such wonderful things from the teens who have participated about the relaxation and motivation learning these crafts have given them. A very worthy cause.

on Dec 28, 2011 2:55 PM

Kathleen, As far as New Year's Resolutions go, yours is a good one, with at least some hope of accomplishing it.  Good Luck.  I hardly make any resolutions, but this year I decided I should promise to get my knitting supplies and stash of yarn in order.  We have lived in our new home just over two years and my knitting room is the one room I have neglected.  Since this is an older home with tons of little fixes and a few big ones needed, My knitting room has been shoved to the 'not needed so much' pile of things to do.  BUT NO MORE!   Thanks needed to get this off my chest.  maybe then I'll tackle my UFO's.

n7lqk wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 2:49 PM

I would be interested in I Love This Yarn brand yarn or Baby Bee brand yarn.  I'm not exactly a charity, but I make lots of items for charity.  Mostly I make items for NICUs and nursing homes.  I can't do any wool, but I use a lot of extra-soft acrylic yarns.  Most of my yarn is either given to me by friends / family or purchased on great deals.  In 2009, I made and donated over 1,000 items to charities.  2010 was just over 300, but they were mostly lapghans and baby blankets.  2011 wasn't that great due to a dislocated / fractured shoulder.  I also specialize in using odd-ends of yarn for small items to brighten up residents' rooms.

Holy Needles also does a lot of various charities and could probably use some help.

holyneedles.blogspot.com

redbedhead wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 2:34 PM

I knit blankets for a group called the Palmer Divide Blanket Brigade.  The baby size blankets are then donated to the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) at one of the major hospitals in Colorado Springs, and adult size blankets are donated to TESA (The abused women's shelter in Colorado Springs), and the Cedar Springs Mental health inpatient center.

We donate over 40 blankets a month to each place and always have requests for MORE. We are always looking for yarn donations, to help defray the costs.   If you or anyone else would be interested in donating unwanted yarn to help with this please feel free to contact me at bigtigergirl@q.com for mailing address.

n7lqk wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 2:29 PM

I would be interested in Hobby Lobby's I Love this Yarn (worsted or sport) and any Yarn Bee brand yarns.  I can't use wool.  I'm not a charity, but I make items for NICUs and nursing homes, so I use a lot of soft acrylic yarns.  I am also really good at using those odd ends for making little things to dress up residents' rooms.  In 2009, I made and donated over 1,000 items to charities.  In 2010, I only did about 300, but they were almost all lapghans or baby afghans.  2011's numbers aren't great since I dislocated/fractured shoulder slowed me down.

Holy Needles makes things for a variety of places. They might be able to use it. holyneedles.blogspot.com

mrstlv08 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 2:25 PM

Oh I love this resolution. I have the same one. I am tired of not knowing where all my needles are. I am doing the same thing with evaluating before finishing. I made a list of the projects first and actually started this resolution a bit early, but I have gotten a few done on the list already. Having the list really helps. I wish you luck in the UFO endeavor.

on Dec 28, 2011 2:15 PM

I know you are in Spokane, and I live an hour south in Colfax. A Heart Like Yours quilt shop in the Spokane Valley is a center/headquarters for Project Linus. They accept yarn, fleece, and quilts for children in medical need. You can look up ProjectLinus.org or check with HYL for their desires. They have elders, young people and everyone in between that have the time but not the money for supplies. I suggested to a friend that he donate his mother's stash to them when she passed away.

La-Piccola wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 2:02 PM

Finishing my UFOs was my resolution for last year, and I'm still working on them!  I had many more UFOs than I thought.  However, I have only five more left and I think I will finish them soon.  It is my ongoing resolution to finish what I start and so far, I have stuck to it!  I have to finish one cowl, two sweaters, one scarf, and one more mitten to finish off a pair.

As for where to donate your yarn, I would be happy to take your unused yarn off your hands! :D  My yarn stash has shrunk considerably, not that it was large to begin with.

ValoreeD wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:52 PM

I second the motion for senior centers and/or assisted living centers. One of my relatives lived in a center for seniors with dementia or Alzheimer's. Every chair and sofa in the common areas had an afghan lovingly made by some of the residents.

It's astonishing to me to find how many of my UFOs are nearly finished. A few more inches, one remaining sleeve, half a sock later and I have several new items to wear.

sarah443 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:49 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has UFOs that only need ends woven in or buttons sewn on or some really trivial thing to finish them up.

sewlady003 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:46 PM

The yahoo group called Mittens for Akkol is always in need of yarns with at least 75% animal fiber.  We knit for orphanages in Kazahkstan.  You can reach the group leader Nanci Gabbard thru the yahoo grp or the Motherless Child Foundation...I think it is:

mcfkaz.org or google Motherless Child Foundation.  We have many knitters who have more t ime than yarn money who would whip out sweaters, scarves, hats, mittens for the orphans that we serve.  Our items are taken directly to the orphanage, so we know they go where they are intended and we even get to see pictures of the kids smiling faces as they wear the warm knitwear that Nanci personally delivers to them twice a year.

djacklitch wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:45 PM

I think that is an excellent resolution, and I am going to join you Kathleen on finishing the rest of my UFOs!  I got a lot done before the holidays, but then again those were gifts, so it had to get done!

I donate my unused and leftover yarn to the local nursing home.  The people there use it for arts and crafts activities, making items to sell at their fundraisers or for other local fundraisers, and making gifts for staff.

Happy New Year and Goodbye to UFOs! :)

BettyW@10 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:44 PM

I like your resolution.  I did something similar last year.  But I simply put all my UFO's in one bin & I continue to start new projects (NP), but in between the NP,  I'll grab a UFO & finish it before continuing on with the NP.  That way I don't stress & get discouraged & I've actually managed to finish several of my UFO's.  I also like KrisE's idea of starting a NP on Holidays & Birthdays.  I don't think I would want to start one every Holiday, but my Birthday is in January & it sounds like a good time to start a NP!  I live in the Sacramento Valley in CA & it's waaay too hot to knit much of anything in the summer - I stick to little projects like socks & washcloths.

rivermom2 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:40 PM

Yes!  I heard of a place to donate your yarn to.

Someone (here is the hard part, I don't remember who) was sending knitting kits to the women troops.  They said there is down time when they might enjoy learing to knit and enjoy it's relaxation.

I am sure you can find a local group that sends care packages to the troops.  I've been meaning to set up a few so if you supply the yarn, I'll send a small donation towards needles and printing up some instructions.

lacustodio wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:37 PM

Love your resolution so much that I think I'll try that also!  I have WAY too many UFOs around.  Maybe I'll spend some of the holiday weekend dredging them all up and determining if they are a "finish" or an "undo."

As for donating yarn, my mother-in-law donates yarn to a senior center near her home.  Many seniors are on fixed incomes, but still love to know or crochet and are happy to receive donated yarn.

yarngirl24 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:34 PM

Check with your local retirement living places.   They may love to have your yarn donations!

on Dec 28, 2011 1:32 PM

I'm in Spokane too. I belong to a knitting group in Cheney and we make hats for charity, we'd be happy to have some of your yarn you want to donate.

Darlene@30 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:31 PM

You could donate the yarn to the Darlene cause...Warm Up Medina Ohio. I knit scarves for them...175 scarves, cowls and neck warmers last year.

MelanieD wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:25 PM

How funny - I just made the Diamond Twist socks in November, they are beautiful - MadelineTosh in "Home", my favourite socks of the moment!! Lovely pattern.

I donated yarn of mine and from my MIL to a lady who had a hand-written card up in a small store not far from here. She specifically asked me to leave my name and address, which I duly did, more to keep her happy. Imagine my surprise when just before Christmas I received the sweetest thankyou letter and a copy of an article from their local newspaper (near where my dad lives) about the knitting afternoons they have with local ladies knitting for charity - for Rumania and for a local old-people's home, but also for Christmas markets to earn money to donate... I was so pleased I'd sent them the yarn to help with their efforts: some of these ladies are 90 years old themselves! These are woman who all learned to knit at school many years ago and who learned in a very perfectionist way, too, and now they help others with this traditional skill. Lovely.

vrmother wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:24 PM

What is that cowl pattern?  I want to make it!

theirmom wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 1:18 PM

If you are local to Interweave's main office let me know when you go to Goodwill so I can be right behid you.  Donating to the Senior Center would work too since I'm there 4 days a week!

on Dec 28, 2011 9:44 AM

Check with elementary schools, senior centers or a prison to see if they might be able to use your extra yarn. The nearby federal prison has a knitting program where inmates make scarves, hats, mittens and sweaters for needy children in our area. It's a win-win for all!

KrisE wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 8:02 AM

I admire your resolution, and have thought of making a similar one myself. However, I know when I'm beaten, so last year I made a different resolution: to cast on for a project that I really want to knit - for me - on every major holiday and my birthday. Last Christmas Day I cast on for 198 Yards of Heaven, and this Christmas it has been to swatch for the February Lady Sweater.

Happy New Year!

BarbaraR@80 wrote
on Dec 28, 2011 7:30 AM

Great resolution. I want to commend you for admitting that you can't find a sock - sounded familiar. Your a very strong person to admit it in print!