The winter galleries are here!

Jan 27, 2012

We've got a new crop of galleries for you, fresh from the pages of the Winter 2011 Interweave Knits—Customizing Pullover and Cardigan Knitting Patterns from Interweave Knits: A Winter Knitting Gallery Presented by Knitting Daily. Five knitters took up their needles and made one of two beautiful patterns, the Livingstone Cardigan and the Leif Slipover.

The Livingstone Cardigan (left) by  and the Leif Slipover (right) from Interweave Knits Winter 2011
Amy Miller's Livingstone Cardigan's lush cable panels and dramatic ribbing give it lavish texture and a sleek fit. A generous shawl collar and chunky toggles stand guard against winter winds. The yarn, Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande Tweed, is bouncy and baby soft; all the gallery knitters loved knitting with it on this cardigan knitting pattern.

A flattering hourglass shape and deeply etched cable textures keep the bulky, lofty Leif Slipover flattering and visually rich. Adrienne Larsen's shaped hood grows up and out of the body's sinuous cables. This knit pullover is a unique piece and our knitters were challenged and pleased with the results. They enjoyed working with Cascade Yarn's Lana Grande, too.

Check out Customizing Pullover and Cardigan Knitting Patterns from Interweave Knits: A Winter Knitting Gallery Presented by Knitting Daily and get inspired to make one of these warm, wonderful, winter knits!

Cheers,

Comments

Jhilmer wrote
on Feb 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Definitely a dead end.  Access was denied to view anything but the first two stills.  Hope you get this rectified because it looks like it could be a nice link.  JH

GRITS O wrote
on Jan 31, 2012 2:43 PM

I've tried several times to access the Larger versions  of charts for Pan Am Jacket.  How do I do this, I can't seem to bring the charts up. They are so small for my poor eyes,

Thanks

KathieM@2 wrote
on Jan 29, 2012 6:18 AM

Just another frustration with Interweave Knits.  The Gallery is "paused", and I cannot get it to move beyond the initial 2 images.  Obviously, I will not be posting this to "my favorites."

lynn Rossman wrote
on Jan 28, 2012 2:38 PM

I discovered that if I clicked on the RSS feed on the page with only 1 gallery photo that the rest of the gallery automatically appeared.  Technology! )-:

SusanN@2 wrote
on Jan 28, 2012 10:08 AM

Lynda's not the only one with access problems. I tried yesterday and again today with the same results- just the two stills.

Looking forward to the gallery when this gets fixed. Thanks

LyndaC wrote
on Jan 28, 2012 9:49 AM

What's up with the gallery access? I just spent 20 minutes navigating through log-ins, etc., and supposedly got to the slide show but still don't see any pix except the two stills from the magazine.

The galleries have always been my faves, and frankly are about the only reason I still subscribe to KD (which has become essentially just another ad -- not your fault, Kathleen, but still...), and frankly if they're not going to be available, I'll probably unsub completely.

Since I've also let all my knitting mag subscriptions expire, I depend on other sources (blogs, Rav comments, etc.) to point me toward newsstand issues I want to buy, the loss of this resource to me ultimately means a loss of reader to Interweave.

Please . . . bring back the galleries. Lots of them. And make it simple to access them.