Get our new Free Guide to Knitting Needles!

Aug 24, 2012

These are just a few of the knitting needles you can choose from. Learn more in our Free Guide to Knitting Needles!

There are so many tools that we knitters need, but there are two that we really need: Yarn and needles. We all know how many yarn choices are out there, but what about knitting needles?

The choices are amazing. Did you know that there are certain types of needles that work better for certain types of yarn? And there are also needles that work better for different types of knitting. Pointy needles for lace knitting, for example.

One thing I know is that when a project and knitter find their perfect needle match, stitches slip by effortlessly.

Whether it's hardwood or bamboo knitting needles, plastic or metal knitting needles, straight or circular knitting needles, fixed or interchangeable knitting needles, the perfect pair are out there just waiting for you.

But we don't want you to have to buy a pair of every needle type out there to figure out which you like best, so we did it for you! We tested dozens of needles and we've developed our Free Guide to Knitting Needles to give you the inside scoop on which needles we liked for which type of projects.

We've also provided a handy sizing conversion guide. If you have a needle that's labelled with millimeters only, you can use the chart to see what the millimeter measurement is in US needle measurements, or UK/Canadian measurements, or Japanese measurements.

Download your Free Guide to Knitting Needles now and let us help you create a seamless transition between your hands and your project?

Cheers,

P.S. Forward this email to your knitting friends; they'll love having the handy Free Guide to Knitting Needles, too!

Comments

mnico wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 3:13 PM

I have the Boyle interchangeable circular needle set and lost the key, any one know where to find one or what else I can use?

on Sep 19, 2012 9:52 AM

I believe that Boyle is not here because they're horrible to knit with.  Once you try addi-click or addi-turbo, you cannot go back to them.  I knit large blankets and these needles make a tremendous difference!

on Sep 19, 2012 9:52 AM

SRingdahl wrote
on Aug 27, 2012 4:01 PM

Really like the Free Eguide to Knitting Needles. Have been knitting for 70 years and have decided I like using circular needles for most of my projects. Have metal, some plastic and wood or bamboo needles of various kinds as well as a kit which I find really helpful with some of my projects. Several years ago I sorted through my needles and started replacing various sizes and styles with ones I liked better. Wish I'd had the guide before I was done. Ended up donating all the ones I didn't like to a rummage sale at church.

Kimgarden wrote
on Aug 25, 2012 4:01 PM

I can see that there is a lot of info in the Knitting needle guide, all geared to new knitters though. There needs to be some comment on the fact that Knit Picks needles aren't marked with a size [necessitating the size tool] and more in depth comment about the feel and actual use of the various needles. Otherwise this looks like a regurgitation of the makers info, not an actual review.

Lili wrote
on Aug 25, 2012 3:40 PM

I agree with Jessica-Jean. This is a helpful compilation, but not definitive.

Sure, I can extrapolate that all my size 2.5mm are halfway between a U.S. 1 & 2 . . .. A lot of mine are Inox/Prym, which are still being made, as are Boye.

Jessica-Jean wrote
on Aug 24, 2012 11:26 PM

Not that I'm associated with Simplicity, but is there any reason you did NOT include *any* Boye needles, particularly the Boye NeedleMaster interchangeables, in your review? Just seems weird to me.

Jessica-Jean - whose default needles are Boye

ZassZ wrote
on Aug 24, 2012 1:15 PM

I really like this one.  So useful.  I am sure it will be appreciated by knitters, especially newer knitters with questions about what kinds of needles are best for what type knitting.  Also to help instructors with student questions.  Thank you again.