Sockupy yourself with a new issue of Sockupied!

Aug 27, 2012

Sockupied is back with its fifth issue. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday that we introduced Sockupied, and we were so thrilled that the knitting world was so taken with this wonderful new type of knitting magazine full of amazing sock knitting patterns.

The interactive nature of the eMags is so engaging, and it makes it so much fun to learn new techniques and explore the beautiful patterns. Here are a few of the patterns included in this new issue:

From left to right: Pumpion Socks by Julie Suchomel, Semaphore Socks by Candace Eisner Strick,
and Turnalar Socks by Leslie Comstock
Here's Sockupied Editor Anne Merrow to tell you more:

Two years ago at this time, we were scrambling to put the finishing touches on our first issue. When we began, some people wondered whether readers would really want more than one issue of a magazine devoted completely to socks. (They were not sock knitters.) As Cookie A pointed out in our first issue, socks are the perfect project to experiment, practice something new, and try your hand at design.

The first five issues of Sockupied have covered socks from toe up to top down with lots of twists in between. As we start planning our next issues, I can't wait to see what ideas clever designers, teachers, and writers have in store for the future.

Be a part of Sockupied! We're making big plans for next year, and we'd love to see your proposals for sock designs, article ideas, stories for Feet on the Street, and more. Send your proposal to the editors at sockupied@interweave.com or write to us for details on submitting.

Sockupied Fall 2012 is available now in the Knitting Daily store, so get yours now and cast on!

P.S. What's your favorite sock knitting pattern from Sockupied? Let us know in the comments.

Comments

Anne Merrow wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 6:22 PM

Sherwyn Contreras: I'd recommend that you start with Simply Sockupied. The regular issues of Sockupied are designed for knitters with sock knitting experience, but Simply Sockupied contains basic information and simple patterns to help you get started.

Anne Merrow wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 6:21 PM

Sorry I didn't circle back to these sooner! Norton was flagging Sockupied and deleting it, not because it was a virus but because not enough users were running it yet! This problem should be all fixed. We had to have Norton take us off the list manually.

Anne Merrow wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 6:21 PM

KathyAnneW wrote
on Sep 6, 2012 12:16 PM

Has this site been fixed yet? I keep getting the following message when I click on the link,

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect

securely to shop.knittingdaily.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,

sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are

going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to

this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is

trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

grumpya wrote
on Sep 3, 2012 5:37 PM

Can't get it to work here either, tecky friend said try using different browser  but not too sure what I'm doing here ! Why is everything so difficult nowadays? Anyone succeeded in making it work?

on Sep 3, 2012 2:32 PM

I, too, am unable to get Sockupied Fall 2012 up and running.  It unzips, but won't mount from the .dmg.

I get the error message:

“Install Sockupied Fall 2012” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

“Install Sockupied Fall 2012” is on the disk image “SockupiedFall2012.dmg”. Firefox downloaded this disk image on September 1, 2012.

I have had no problems downloading and installing the previous editions.

Any Help you can give me would be appreciated.

Judy Walker

on Sep 1, 2012 10:22 AM

Does you 1st sockupied teach you how to knit socks?  I want to learn and keep thinking I will take a class but haven't found time to do that.

Can I still get a copy of the 1st one if it does teach that?

joanrx1 wrote
on Sep 1, 2012 8:54 AM

I bought this. How do I download on my iPad?

Sherylee wrote
on Sep 1, 2012 7:10 AM

I was looking forward to reading my new Sockupied this weekend and picking out a new pair ofsocks to get on my needles. But my anti virus protection tells me I shouldn't download this issue and won't let me!