KDTV is back again!

Jul 10, 2013

Eunny Jang demonstrating a knitting technique on Knitting Daily TV
Every Saturday morning I have a date with my TV, my coffee, and my knitting. I catch up on all of my crafty television in one gluttonous morning. There are scrapbooking shows to watch, cooking shows to drool over, and of course, Knitting Daily TV!

I've learned so many amazing knitting techniques and more from Eunny, Kristin, and the rest of the gang, and I'm thrilled to announce that KDTV is back for its eleventh season.

Here's producer Annie Hartman Bakken to tell you all about it!

Join Us for a New Season of Knitting Daily TV

Can you believe we've taped our eleventh season of Knitting Daily TV? Time flies when you're having fun.

We hope you've enjoyed every season along the way and will tune in to the latest season, which starts airing on Public Television stations nationwide this month! (Check your local listings to see if we air in your area.)

What's in store? This season of Knitting Daily TV includes more knitting tips and techniques from host Eunny Jang. Design your own knitted skirt, shape sleeves and necklines, design with motifs, knit ribs, cables, and even lace. Learn reversible pick-ups, how to reduce dyelot variances, blocking lace tips, and more.

Preview this season:

Love the Yarn Spotlights? Clara Parkes and Eunny join forces again in the Knitting Lab for a look at print yarns, silk blends, thick-and-thin singles, novelty yarns, luxury blends, and yarns that hold their shape and show off stitch definition.

Laura Bryant and Kristin Omdahl also appear on this season with fun projects and perspectives. Laura shows off magic number repeats that can aide your knitting, as well as different styles of hand-dyed yarns. Kristin shapes lace, crochets ribbing, shapes short-rows, and shares beautiful knitted tunics, wraps, and more.

The Tessarae Top by Vicki Square
This season's knit-along features author and designer Vicki Square. She'll walk you through the steps of knitting her Tesserae knitted top from her book Light and Layered Knits. Download the free pattern today and knit along with Vicki and the crew.

We'd love to hear what you think of Knitting Daily TV and the valuable tips and techniques you've picked up watching the show. Please leave a comment below—we want to hear from you.

If you can't wait for the episodes to air, you can order the entire season on DVD!  For those of you who want access to even more Knitting Daily TV, check out CraftDaily.com. With new videos being added every week, Craft Daily is the best resource for knitters and cross-crafters alike!

As always, happy knitting!

P.S. Find more Knitting Daily TV and other knitting videos online at Shop.KnittingDaily.com and at CraftDaily.com

Comments

on Aug 24, 2013 2:14 PM

I just finished the black/white knit-along project pictured above. It turned out beautifully. It fits like a dream. The pattern is easy to follow - if you're paying attention ;-)  Vicki did a fabulous job of drafting the pattern for us so the decreases where easy to handle in pattern. Thank you for this wonderful project.

JeannineR wrote
on Jul 17, 2013 10:52 PM

Would it be possible to show how todo a doubled wrap knitting st. that is in the Piece Work magazine  for July/August/13, that is in the Scilly Isle Socks to Knit the sock look very nice but I don;t understand the explaination.

Thanks,

Jeannine Rivard

julia v wrote
on Jul 17, 2013 6:27 PM

According to Linda Hensen's post I think I am getting the picture that KDTV is missing something that viewers want.  I agree with her summary and I wish it wasn't so frustrating as well.  The little clips that you put up here on this site really just are annoying more than anything else.  Why doesn't KD take the $$$ your advertisers are supporting you with and do more for your readers?  Why do knitters have to constantly be buying magazines, cd's, patterns?  When you show your guests knitting all the stuff in the background looks more interesting than what the program is focused on.  Either give the pattern names or remove them from the background.  Other knitting shows just do a close up of the project without all the distraction in back which is not mentioned so why put it there?   Even the ideas that are written about here in the posters' forums are hacked by the some of the persons who write these articles for their blogs.  Why don't they get their own ideas instead of plagerising from the members?  I had to be blunt and call it like i see it.

judi1212 wrote
on Jul 15, 2013 10:09 AM

In reply to shannadarx- check out www.knittingdaily.com/.../KDTVSchedule.aspx

for the schedule on MPT2. It shows repeats Monday thru Thursday with the new 1100 series in Friday at 9am starting 7/19.

craftydel wrote
on Jul 15, 2013 7:08 AM

Is there any chance these programmes can be shown on UK TV?  I keep hoping you will broadcast, and waste so much time searching the EPG. If no UK TV, What about something like iplayer on the internet?

on Jul 13, 2013 10:33 PM

Love the show, but I have the same question that I had for the beginning of the 10th season -- Where is Shay Pendray?!!  What's happened to her?  I have always enjoyed the segments that she has been in.  At least let us know what happened to her!

LindaHensens wrote
on Jul 13, 2013 12:19 PM

If I had my druthers, I would want to see far less advertising at the beginning and/or end of the show and far more content in between. I timed it the other day, and there is only 15 to 16 minutes of content stuffed between 14 to 15 minutes of advertising at the beginning and end of each show. Viewers watch KDTV in order to learn something or expand our skills. I understand that you have to have paid advertisers in order to make the show work, but is it really necessary to show the same set of paid advertisers in the beginning AND end of the show?  I think the show could be laid out in a much more efficient manner in terms of advertising the sponsors, etc. I just fast forward through the advertising to get to the content of the show. I know that other 30-minute shows that I watch have approximately 19 to 23 minutes of programming with the commercials taking up the remainder of the time.

We also need an easier way to access the patterns that you have on the show. It would be nice to have links to where we can get the patterns that are not showcased but on the mannequins around the speaker and/or guest as well. There was a beautiful taupe and black striped sweater in a segment with Laura Bryant and Barry Klein several seasons back. I believe it was in season 3 or 4 re-runs that I was watching in between seasons 8, 9, or 10. I have yet to be able to find a pattern for it anywhere! She showed this sweater to discuss a pattern stitch or something and I thought I would be able to find the pattern for purchase. She did not mention the name or title of the pattern, she just had it right beside her while she was speaking to Eunny I believe.

Lastly, is Eunny leaving the show like she left the editor position at IW Knits?  What is she going to do?  I hope she stays on so that people like me can continue to learn from her. Maybe she can get her blog going again or something?  Please address this. Thank you so much!

lee thole wrote
on Jul 13, 2013 4:38 AM

happen to change channels and found a knitting show.....am looking for the pattern of a  man's scarf that Eunny knitted on series 900....It had drop stitch ...back and front looked totally different....best pattern ever....would like to start these for xmas.......thanks for the help

shannadarx wrote
on Jul 12, 2013 12:39 PM

I'm not sure where the problem is but MPT2 on Howard County Cable in Howard Cty MD is broadcasting season 800. I don't know if they've shown any of season 1000. I've been on vacation and was looking forward to watching but all I've been seeing are those repeats from 800.

How does this get addressed?  It's very disappointing and feels like someone is trying to force us to pay for the DVD's.

Donna S

on Jul 11, 2013 6:05 PM

Marilyn: All of the sweaters that Eunny wears are from Interweave Knits, Knitscene, or knit.wear. So, you *can* get all the patterns! ~Kathleen

on Jul 11, 2013 6:04 PM

Knitthis: Thank you for pointing that out. I've fixed the blog so that it's clear that Sobibor was a Nazi camp and not a Polish camp. ~Kathleen

Hardwick wrote
on Jul 11, 2013 9:37 AM

Love hearing this have gotten so many great ideas and techniques from the show

julia v wrote
on Jul 11, 2013 12:24 AM

It doesn't do me any good at 8 a.m. on saturday morning.  I wouldn't set my alarm to be up just to watch that early.  Saturday morning is an inconvenient time.  Why would they pick such a busy time, an early time.  Most of us who work are busy with a million must do errands on Saturdays.  Disappointed.  Just wish that pbs would give some consideration to how many people have a full schedule on Saturday mornings or maybe even must be at work.

One of the posters mentions the camera work.  I must agree re the short clips of your episodes I have seen here on KD.  It is sometimes frustrating as it just doesn't give a close up quick enough before it's on to the next step.  I hate re-wind.

Amy@4 wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 10:52 PM

I love KDTV--record it each day it is shown on a local PBS station, and watch it while sweating on the elliptical.  My reward is to put the techniques to work on the current knitting project or one to come.  It's hard to say what is my favorite segment:  I have learned so much from the in-depth initial segment where Eunny demo's a technique--tubular cast-on for ribbing has been my most recently-used application. I appreciate the yarn spotlight with Clara Parkes, and have purchased her books as a result--good reading, and some of those projects are on the priority list.  It is hard to see the fine details on the TV screen--halo vs no halo for example on the NZ possum yarn was really hard to see.  Laura Bryant and Barry Klein are so much fun to listen to and learn from--the messy fruit salad made into an organized palette will never leave my memory!  And Barry's illustrations (it's like stair steps) help me remember the overarching theme of a technique and desired outcome.  Quick tips are really good.  I haven't done any of the KALs, though I desire to do one--someday!  I purchased the whole series (100-1000) recently, and think it is a very good investment.  I'd like to have a KDTV index, though, so I can pinpoint the exact episode for a specific technique.  I am really delighted that series 1100 is coming out!

on Jul 10, 2013 9:31 PM

I would love to say I enjoy the show except that I can't find it anywhere in my area!

Knithis wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 8:52 PM

Dear Ms. Cubley,

As the Editor of Knitting Daily you should be aware of offensive text being used by Caitlin at the following link where she refers to a German extermination camp in Poland as "Polish", thereby insinuating that the camp was Polish, when in fact millions of Poles perished at the hands of the German ***, many in these camps.

Sensitivity to the families of those who suffered is in order and a change should be made.

www.knittingdaily.com/.../kt-post.aspx

Please take corrective action.

Marilyn@103 wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 8:10 PM

I absolutely love "Knitting Daily."  The techniques that they demonstrate are so clear that it takes the edge off of trying something new.  If I could have WISH LIST, it would be that Eunny would publish a book of all the beautiful sweaters that she wears.

Laura wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 5:31 PM

Wow, I can't believe it's been this long and my PBS station still doesn't carry it. :(

on Jul 10, 2013 4:19 PM

This is one of my faces. I learn so much by watching this program. Keep up the good work.

kylou wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 3:36 PM

Why is Eunny leaving after this season?

on Jul 10, 2013 3:06 PM

I love the international knitting segments, the intros to the different yarns, and the KALs. I, too, have a standing date on Saturday morning with KD.

MarlysL wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 2:58 PM

I love watching Knitting Daily TV because I learn so much from each episode :)

I knit, crochet & spin, so it's all pertinent to me.

I just wish my PBS station still showed the episodes (I think they moved it to the "digital" over-the-air broadcast only & I can't pick that up where I live).

Thank you for a great & informative show! M<><

barbarahowe wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 2:02 PM

I m very excited about the new season, especially the new knit-along. I love that yarn, and can't wait to start. thanks for all the great projects, tips, and instruction. Keep up the great programs.

Lokay wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 1:23 PM

Thank you for your show. Whenever I sit down to watch I feel as if I'm inviting friends into my home. I enjoy learning all of the techniques shown. The program is informative but also so enjoyable. I look forward to each new episode and season - please continue the wonderful job all of you do each week.

hillmp wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 1:19 PM

I really enjoy your newsletter.  I've been getting magazines from Interweave for years and was so glad to find your newsletter.  Then through your newsletter I learned about KDTV but didn't realize it was on my local PBS stations until Season 9.  I was lucky that our local PBS stations were rerunning back to Season 6.  After seeing Seasons 6-9, I had to order Seasons 1-5 on DVD so that I could see what I had missed!

I always thought I was an advanced knitter but after watching the show I felt like a beginner.  I've learned so many tricks and techniques from Eunny and the gang that when I use them in my own knitting they really give my projects that air of "magic" not to mention the fun that has been added to my knitting.

One thing that I wish Eunny would spend some time on is honeycomb brioche.  She touched on it briefly a few times and also briefly in a bonus on the Season 6 DVD set, but never gave it the attention I wish that she would.  She has give regular brioche detailed attention but not this intriguing variation.

I've looked on the web for directions but the patterns/directions I have found seem so kludgy compared to the way that Eunny did it.  I would love to also get the pattern for the brown/tan hat Eunny showcased that uses this stitch.  The web page for that episode does not say where the pattern originated.

Keep up the great newsletters!

wintercola wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 1:18 PM

Thank-you for continuing the show. I work night shift and  I watch this show everyday on Maryland public TV. The show is a very nice relief after a long night.

lrclapp wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 12:56 PM

I absolutely LOVE the KDV series; I have over 74 episodes on my recorder and will not erase any..I refer to them often and am so thankful for this feature.

Might I suggest that better close-ups be shown on the actual knitting demonstrations, it's often not a good angle or a quick second on the object.

Thanks for your wonderful show and all it's features.

DorothyB@14 wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 12:31 PM

Hi ,

I  enjoy your newletter and wouldn't  miss it for the world. I was going to download theTesserae knitted top and I was disappointed to see there was no charts, and I don't enjoy making my own. It makes knitting in pattern so much easier if that is included.

Dorothy

Hawaii10 wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 12:04 PM

Thank you  so much for your wonderful shows,!!!!! I have learned so much in knitting and crochet ,through, your shows ,so I watch you faithfully. I do wish segments could last a little longer, so that Eunny and Kristin could go a little slower, and make us feel more relax while watching. Both of them are incredible,!!!!!! I feel lucky to be able to learn so much from them. Maybe some day the show itself could last a little longer.  Sincerely Lana

Bobbi Jung wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 11:52 AM

I can hardly wait!  I have been knitting for probably 50 years and have learned so much from the show.  Eunny is such a great host and fabulous knitter.  Thanks Eunny!

on Jul 10, 2013 11:48 AM

I absolutely love watching Eunny knit. If only I could master her technique.

It seems that on every show Eunny is wearing a different hand knit sweater or vest.  I would love it if she would tell us the patterns she used.

Wondering if you are not allowed to mention specific yarn brands?

One complaint is that sometimes the camera work is a bit lacking. Need more close ups.

I would love to see a segment on thumb gussets and casting off your last stitch so it lays flat.

Hope I can find KDTV's new season in my area.

Thanks for the great show!

joanrmcm wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 11:39 AM

I tried to download Tessarae pattern and there was nothing there but a vertical line of letters.

kmcla67-shop wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 11:34 AM

I love your show and bought some of the last series. Our pbs channel doesn't seem to carry it as much as I've written and asked. I nudge to the akron/cleveland ohio area would certainly be appreciated.  Keep  up all the good work!

PMCAMPANA wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 11:26 AM

I'm excited the tv show is back,  however,  won't do me any good since Verizon doesn't / hasn't in the past either  Carry this show!   sighhhhh,  keep the newsletter, videos, and UTube segments coming!  THanks!

sandyPDX wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 11:21 AM

I have really enjoyed Eunny as host...she does a great job.  She is efficient,  comfortable in front of the camera, focused and knowledgeable.

I also like the 'knitting lab' (took me awhile to get used to the lab coats...I don't guffaw anymore).  I find the detailed information that Clara provides, very interesting and useful. I want to know even more about yarn.

Sometimes when you are showing an item, I am wishing someone would pick it up and put it on...a scarf, cowl, shawl, vest etc.  The manikins aren't the same.

I would like to see a detailed segment on the gusset portion of a sock. (Top down.)  Especially how to rearrange the stitches on two circs after picking up the side stitches. (I eventually manage it, but only after a lot of finagling.)

Can't wait for this new season to begin!  Thanks.

Melinda Nau wrote
on Jul 10, 2013 10:57 AM

Love the show, especially the crochet segment.  Glad to hear another season is upon us!