Wrap-Up Weather

Sep 6, 2013

Even though the temps are still in the 80s around here, I can feel the fall nip in the air, especially in the evenings. Time to get out your knit cardigan sweaters—or cast on a new one!

The Infinity Cardi-Wrap by Kristin Omdahl
How about the Infinity Cardi by Kristin Omdahl? It's featured in her video, A Knitting Wrapsody, newly available on Craft Daily!

All About the Infinity Wrap

This cardi-wrap begins with a large infinity motif that forms the sweater back. I used a self-striping yarn to emphasize the multiple directions of rows that make up the motif.

The sides are picked up along the edges of the back and are worked in a light and airy openwork pattern that resembles broomstick lace.

For no-sew construction, the collar and sleeves are picked up and worked outward from the body.

Wear this wrap hanging open or pinned at the front, or make long, I-cord ties attached to each side of the front at your natural waist, then wrap the ties around the fronts, loop them through the openwork, around the back, and finally, tie them in the front.

—Kristin Omdahl, from A Knitting Wrapsody on CraftDaily.com

Lace detail
In her video, Kristin will show you how to work the short-row shaping and 3/3 crossed loops that the lovely lace detail shown at right.

She's so clever, that Kristin! Look at the amazing infinity design on the back of the cardigan. It's stunning. And she matched the yarn and design perfectly; both are showcased in the Infinity Cardi.

This is a masterpiece of knitting. And you can do it!

! You'll be amazed at the wealth of knowledge that awaits you.

Cheers,

P.S. Do you have fall knitting on your needles? Leave a comment and let us know what you're knitting!

Comments

on Sep 7, 2013 4:43 PM

WOW! I knew I wanted to knit this as soon as I saw the photo. I haven't had a WOW! moment like this in a long time.

Please offer this pattern in a print or  .pdf version. Videos take sooo long to download here. I've never been able to use the one Craft Daily video I subscribed to.

On my needles? Just finishing a hat. Should I start a sweater for me, a cardigan for my daughter, Christmas stocking for a friend, socks for my Mom, Monster bum pants for a friend's baby? ???

StarZiana305 wrote
on Sep 7, 2013 11:34 AM

Love this cardi-wrap I had a big surprise when I looked closely at the side detail, I have a shawl that has that detail. I don't know who made it, we have several knitters in our family history. I have wondered for a long time how that 3/3 crossed loop lace detail was done.

Barbharps wrote
on Sep 7, 2013 11:10 AM

Just when I think I know "everything" I see something like this...

I'm trying to figure out how to use the "magic number" for "mindful knitting" of hand died yarns.  I'm using Prism's Symphony working a scarf on the bias and my scarf is not nearly as plaid as the one shown in the book.  : -(

NicoletteS wrote
on Sep 7, 2013 8:04 AM

Is there a front view anywhere?

annekaelber wrote
on Sep 6, 2013 4:42 PM

I see that I can get the eBook + DVD, the DVD, the paperback + DVD.... is there a bundle with all 3 together?

Thanks,

Anne.

on Sep 6, 2013 4:16 PM

On my needles - I am making a hoodie for everyday wear for fall and winter.  It is a blue/lite blue/white variegated yarn (cotton).  I am hoping it will be as wonderful as it is in my imagination.

MirandaF wrote
on Sep 6, 2013 12:04 PM

Right now I've got "ginnys sweater" from "unofficial Harry Potter knits" working up fast on my needles. Its such a beautiful, warm, but still light cardigan with a gorgeous owl lace panel on the back. Can't wait to get it done!

phawkout wrote
on Sep 6, 2013 8:42 AM

Is there anyway to find the pattern for this Infinity Cardi-Wrap by Kristin Omdahl? Everything just takes me to video links. Would love to be able to purchase this pattern. thanks, paul

DebE wrote
on Sep 6, 2013 8:26 AM

Wow!  I love the Infinity Wrap Cardi!  I'd buy the pattern in a heartbeat, butI don't like videos.  Is it going to be offered as a .pdf pattern, or a paper pattern?

On the needles for fall-- Just finished an Old Friend Pullover (Peace Fleece), have the sleeves going on a NorthShore pullover (TinCan Knits) and several pairs of socks in progress-- one for me, two for daughters.

Oh, and a Hayden Shawlette in Mandalay raw silk.

DebE wrote
on Sep 6, 2013 8:26 AM

Oh, and a Hayden Shawlette in Mandalay raw silk.