Interweave Knits, Summer 2012

Brighten up with 23 summer favorites from Interweave Knits. The Summer 2012 issue is packed with color and techniques just right for warm weather knitting. Find the perfect accessory for summer parties in “As Pretty Does,” or explore modern lace in “Knit Two Together, Yarn Over.” “Clay, Cotton, Wood and Wool” shows off pretty shapes with organic texture, while “A Different Stripe” plays with stripes of all kinds. Round out your knitting with cozy, menswear-inspired pieces “On Edwards Street.” PLUS, we take a peek inside Laura Bryant’s colorful world, and help find the perfect needles for any project. Grab your sunglasses, pack your knitting bag, and get excited for bright summer knitting!

Resources

• Advertisers' Index
  • Project Index
  • Ravelings
    Rebecca A. Watson

Features

Artist Spotlight: Robyn Love: Knitting Responses
Large-scale installations from a fiber artist

Yarn Review: Cool Wool by Larissa Gibson Wool for summer? It makes sense!

Beyond the Basics: The Ultimate Guide to Knitting Needles No matter your knitting style, there's a perfect needle. by Larissa Gibson

A Knitter's World: Paint & Purls, Laura Bryant by Eunny Jang A visual artist brings her eye to the yarn market.

Comments

Inside Knits wrote
on May 8, 2012 11:00 AM

Greetings, knitters! Summer is tantalizingly close, and we're ready for sunshine with 23 brand new

Inside Knits wrote
on May 8, 2012 3:59 PM

knitomatic wrote
on May 9, 2012 11:54 AM

The summer issue is beautiful! But where's the pattern for the little umbrellas in the yarn review section? You know we neeeeeeeed it! ;-)

Inside Knits wrote
on May 10, 2012 1:51 PM

Hello all, As promised, here is the short and sweet pattern for the miniature knitted umbrellas shown

Yi-YuenW wrote
on May 21, 2012 2:06 PM

Hi,

I'm wondering if summer edition already sent tonsub scribers? Thx~~

on Jun 5, 2012 6:59 PM

I'd really enjoy this magazine if I actually GOT IT!!  I've paid my money TWO weeks ago for a digital addition and I haven't received any access to it. The promotional material said I could have it on the day of paying.

NO ONE at Interweave responds to my Subscription requests nor do they refund my money.

Shame I can't comment on the publication in a positive light as the service is very poor.

ShelliV wrote
on Jun 30, 2012 7:38 AM

Love the magazine so I chose to buy the digital subscription. Well that was in May. I was disapointed to find my first download issue was the spring issue. Already had that one in hard copy. Thought I was getting the summer issue. Well now we are in the throws of summer and still don't have the summer issue yet. I guess I'll get that one when Fall issue makes its debut. Hmmmm, hate to say it but I'm really disapointed in this digital magazine.