Interweave Knits Spring 2013

The Spring 2013 issue of Interweave Knits is here, with 18 fresh projects to ring in the spring. The first issue of 2013 is packed with bright, bold pieces to jumpstart your knitting. You’ll find something for every knitter— from exquisite lace to playful colorwork. PLUS, we’ll reveal the secrets of Estonian lace, chat with designer Carol Feller, and take a peek at yarn bombing and the new chainette yarns.

The eighteen projects in Knits Spring 2013 are sure to make you smile. From pretty pieces with modern lace insets (“Lace in Place”), to simple, breezy layering pieces (“In Relief”), to lighthearted patterning (“What Happened on Clayton Street”), and floating, feminine lace (“Float, Flutter, Drift”), you’re sure to find a new project to love. Cast on and make something new!

Resources

Features

Artist Spotlight: Magda Sayeg by Sabrina Gschwandtner Yarn Bombing the World

Yarn Review: Under Construction by Amanda Williams Fresh takes on plant fibers

Beyond the Basics: How to Knit a Haapsalu Sall by Nancy Bush

Profile: Carol Feller by Evin Bail O'Keeffe Stitches and Structure

Filed under: ,

Comments

Inside Knits wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 3:39 PM

The past few weeks have been unseasonably warm here in Colorado, and it's a sweet reminder that Spring

Stacy-b-good wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 12:05 AM

Dear Ms. Williams,

I envy you a little right now. I was born in Colorado and would love to go back. These knits do look delicious! I've been working away at a cowl that I'm working from a self-constructed pattern based on pictures. It's harder to do it that way than it sounded when I convinced myself I could do it and the cowl may end up a scarf. But, I can say to have some of these lace patterns in my hands and be good enough to work them would be amazing!

Stacy

AnnC@48 wrote
on Feb 19, 2013 2:39 PM

Very disappointed with this issue! What happened to the Project Index?!

There have been a lot of changes to the format of this magazine over the last few years, and few of them seem to be for the better. I used to think that Interweave had the best layout of any knitting magazine, but every recent change has made it much less user friendly. If I want to substitute yarns-which I do with most projects-I have to look up that yarn online, because yarn gauge and WPI are no longer provided. Now we lost the Project Index.  Knitscene & Knit.Wear are becoming much better magazines. I have had a subscription for 7-8 years now, but will not renew this time. Too few good patterns & increasingly horrible layout.

de4147 wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 11:16 PM

Shame but have to agree with you AnnC@48, I have not liked most of last few years of changes either - particularly the 'Chapter' style of a few garment pics, then the patterns, & so forth - MUCH prefer all the glossy pics up front and then the working patterns, easier to get a better idea of what's in the magazine & find things ... and taking away the yarn guide/wpn is further annoying. The styling is sometimes lovely but also often boring! & whilst I realise most of the USA gets very cold weather (west coast Australia is a lot warmer) for Spring/Summer it would be great if you could highlight the lovely tops without fussy long-sleeves, singlets, etc, under.  I do still like this mag but have also decided to stop subscription & will only now buy when something really special pops outs - sadly, it doesn't feel like that every month anymore :(

annekaelber wrote
on Mar 4, 2013 4:29 PM

I dropped my subscription back in 2007 or so. Between the lack of plus-size patterns and the influx of designs I couldn't use every winter (I live in the south where we don't need the heavy sweaters and such), it just wasn't a magazine for *me*. I'm surprised Interweave hasn't come up with an annual plus-size magazine or something like that. If so much of America is obese, what is a knitter to do to dress herself (and her family) in handmade knits?

Inside Knits wrote
on Apr 4, 2013 10:09 AM

It's the first week of April, which seems like the perfect time to talk about spring knitting styles