Episode 101: Luxe and Luscious

Jul 1, 2008
From silk to cashmere, affordable to extravagant, explore the world of luxurious fibers, including how to care for knitwear made from these high quality fibers.

Getting Started: Deborah Knight from YarnMarket.com joins Shay and introduces the most popular luxury fibers.
Designer Spotlight: Wendy Bernard joins Eunny and demonstrates a Skinny Cotton Girls Tank made with high quality yarn and easy construction.
How-To: Kim and Eunny partner to present a luxurious knitted clutch pattern.
You Asked It: Learn to care for luxury fibers with the help of Liz and Kathy Elkins from Webs yarn store.
Knit Along: Eunny demonstrates the first steps in the Linen progressive project, the “Alicia” Corset, where the shape of the corset is determined by the knitted cables.

101-1 Luxe and Luscious, Getting Started

Download information from Yarn Market

Deborah Knight introduces viewers to popular and luxurious yarns including alpaca, cashmere, angora, and the most expensive Vicuna. Download a yarn list from YarnMarket.com for more information on all the yarns shown.

Yarnmarket.com
c/o Yarn Market, LLC
12936 Stonecreek Drive, Unit D
Pickerington, OH 43147
(888) 996-9276
(614) 861-7223
Orders@yarnmarket.com

www.yarnmarket.com

Purchase this episode on DVD

101-2 Luxe and Luscious, Designer Spotlight

pdfDownload the Girl's Skinny Tank

Wendy Bernard, designer for Blue Sky Alpacas joins host Eunny Jang to demonstrate the Girl’s Skinny Tank, made of organic cotton, a luxurious yarn for those living in warmer climates. The Girl’s Skinny Tank features easy construction, making this tank customizable.

Blue Sky Alpacas, Inc.
PO Box 88
Cedar, MN 55011
(888) 460-8862
(763) 753-5815
questions and comments: info@blueskyalpacas.com
wholesale orders: orders@blueskyalpacas.com
www.blueskyalpacas.com
*Blue Sky Alpacas yarns and products are available exclusively through fine yarn stores. Click for a complete listing of stores and websites carrying Blue Sky Alpacas yarns.

Purchase this episode on DVD!

101-3 Luxe and Luscious, How-To

pdfDownload Celebrity Clutch

Eunny and Kim partner up to demonstrate the Celebrity Clutch, a knitted project using glamorous and luxurious Fiesta yarns. Download the Celebrity Clutch pattern online and knit up one for your next special occasion.

Fiesta Yarns
5401 San Diego NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
(506) 892-5008
CustomerService@fiestayarns.com
www.fiestayarns.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

101-4 Luxe and Luscious, You Asked It

Laura from Anchorage, Alaska, asks “How can I care for my luxury knits and is dry cleaning really necessary?” Kathy Elkins from Webs yarn store demonstrates caring for knitwear with a no rinse wool wash, an alternative to dry cleaning that is less expensive and better for the environment. You can purchase no rinse wool wash online at www.yarn.com

WEBS, America’s Yarn Store
75 Service Center Road
Northampton, MA 01060
(800) FOR-WEBS (367-9327)
customerservice@yarn.com
www.yarn.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

101-5 Luxe and Luscious, Knit Along

pdfDownload Alicia

Eunny Jang demonstrates the Louet linen ensemble’s "Alicia" Corset, using high quality linen yarn that improves with every washing. This corset gets its shaping from the knitted cables.

See project 2 of the Louet linen ensemble, the "Lacey" Stole (Segment 103-5)
See project 3 of the Louet linen ensemble, the "Ashley" Skirt (Segment 108-5)

Louet North America
3425 Hands Road
Prescott, ON, Canada K0E 1T0
(613) 925-4502
Info@louet.com for pattern support
Lynda@louet.com.
www.louet.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Comments

Sandy@3 wrote
Where can I find the episodes of Shay Pendray's shows? Sandy
SuzanneL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Just watched a preview of the show. It will be fantastic. Can't wait for it to come to Boston tv. I fell instantly in love with the Shauna sweater (I'm a cable freak!). Sandi of KD said we would be able to download a free pattern of the Shauna Sweater. I can't seem to find the download, can you please help all of the frustrated Knitting Daily readers? I want, no I NEED that pattern! Happy knitting, Suzanne
Andrea511 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I tried to download it too, and it disappeared! Can you help me? Thanks, Andrea Zucker Northampton, MA P.S. If our own Webs is one of your sponsors, how come it's not on Springfield, Ma or Hartford, CT. Public TV????
Stephanie@3 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Just FYI, I just downloaded the Shauna Sweater. I was on the detail page for episode 102. Scroll down to 102-3 and the download link is there. And it worked fine. Stephanie Barrow Chino Hills, CA
SuzanneH wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I can't wait to see the shows. I hope it comes to Boston soon! Knitting while watching a knitting show is the closest I get to a knitting group.
JaneG wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Why on earth can't we pick this up in Atlanta??? We're not exactly in the middle of nowhere! UNFAIR!!!
DeborahD@2 wrote
It's not even on TV in the New York area yet :(
VickiB wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
So does anyone know where it is showing??
SharonD wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
To those of us in MA awaiting the show...maybe we should all write/email WGBH expressing our desire to have this on their programming. I am going to. Hope others do too. SharonD
ClaireP wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I'm sad too. Neither of my local PBS stations are carrying this, and I have only basic cable, so I don't get the digital stuff. I wish they were showing this on Hulu.com
DebbieB52 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM

I found the sweater if you are still looking for it:

if the link does not work go up to top of page, right side and do a search for Shauna.

Good luck and have a good day!

JillF wrote
It's not on TV in the Washington, DC (actually, Sterling, VA) area either! Jill
MelissaA wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I see its in Duluth, Mn but not in their capital St. Paul /Mpls. Interesting, maybe I'll call our public TV channel. Melissa
AngelaF@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
It's not airing in Kansas City, either. I guess if you want to see it, you have to move to Duluth MN. :-) I've already put in a request for it with our local PBS station, as I think that's our best hope for getting it aired.
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Thank you for your comments. Each station chooses when and if to air the program. If it is not airing in your local market - please go to the station finder on the site and enter your zip code to find the name of your local station. Please call, write or email and let them know you are a viewer of the station and would like to see Knitting Daily TV. You can really help in bringing KD to your local market.
SuzanneL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Stephanie from CA - thank you for the info leading me to the Shauna download. I can't wait to start making it but there are a couple projects ahead of it in my queue. TO EVERYONE WHO WATCHES WGBH-TV IN THE BOSTON AREA: e-mail the station at access@wgbh.org, I just did! Suzanne Scituate, MA
Valerie@4 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Do you have a pattern available for the shawl shown on episode 101 made of vicuna? Love the show! Val's sister
AudreyP@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I loved 101 the first show! I have the recorder set to record all shows. Thanks Audrey in Austin
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I have just requested our PBS station in Ann Arbor Michigan to include this show in its airing schedule - I hope they signed this show up and I can't believe it is not on without me requesting it.
mrscoop wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Wow - seems like there are a lot of people not getting this show (yet) - I'm up in Canada, but our 'little' PBS station in Watertown NY has just started to air it - missed last week's episode as I didn't know about it. Watched the second episode today and am thinking trying the Shauna sweater. So far, so good - will be enjoying this show.
EstherL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
The show isn't available in West Virginia or Kentucky either. I'm glad I bought the DVD.
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Hey there! I just watched my first episode, and want to tell you how much I enjoyed it. The projects were top notch, and I came right in to download them. The quality of the download is impressive also. Keep up the great work, and thank you for showing yarns other than Coats and Clark! Cindy
dragonlover wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I am so happy that there is a new knitting program on for me to record. I can't get enough of new techniques and projects. The show was so informative and I can't wait to try the three piece corset set. I'm glad Shay is the host, loved her Needle Arts Studio program alot so I am glad to see she is still around. Rock on and knit, knit, knit!!!! Susan
Mlynn wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
It's unfortunate, but your show doesn't air in my area. I've been knitting since Junior High School, and to me it's a lost art. I've taught my daughter in law and she likes knitting when she has the time. I have made numerous sweaters and baby blankets, along with Layette sets. Always looking for new items to reproduce. Too bad your show isn't in Virginia Mary
BeckiB wrote
Knitting Daily began airing in Raleigh, NC today. It's Great! Becki
DebL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
It would be great if the camera was behind the person showing a knitting technique so that it would be easier to see and follow along. Deb
DianeH@6 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Enjoyed the show very much. I agree with Deb L, about the camera being behind the person, to see the technique a little easier. I do not knit Continental style, and thought it was a little hard to see from the front angle. Very glad to have access to the show, and yes, I did tape it to see later this afternoon! Diane
kmcla67-shop wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Enjoyed the show but it is very difficult to see what's going on with the camera in front of the person. I also have trouble logging in so I can get a pattern. Maybe one less segment would give a little more for detail on some of the patterns too.
gracielynn wrote
Love the Look of the show.. wish it was on Create !! Lisa , Iowa
ShannonJ wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
The show is wonderful! Are you planning to offer podcasts in the future?
granny gill wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
We have NOTHING on English TV that has crafts except childrens TV making stuff with loo roll inners and paint or crayons!! Thank goodness for forums on the ether.
SuzanneG@5 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
We don't get Knitting Daily TV here in the Raleigh, NC area either. Only kids' shows on our PBS station, Victory Garden, etc. I will email the station over in Chapel Hill. I could download a podcast, if you did them. Suzanne G in NC
M.M wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I bought the DVD because I don't get this show in my area (NJ), and I watched the first episode this morning. It was very well organized, presented, and educational. One problem I hope will not be a recurring theme: the knitting close-ups are shown upside down! Why? Maybe I have an issue with that, but basically you have to try to envision the these knitting portions reversed and right-side up....you basically miss the technique being shown. Thanks for presenting a show like this. It is still a valuable addition to the fiber crafter's library.
KatherineH wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
And here I was hoping that at least episode excerpts would be available on-line... TV is becoming less popular; more and more people are going to the internet for everything now. After all, that's largely how the latest renaissance in knitting started -- the net enabled isolated knitters to reconnect and get out in public together. People will still buy the DVDs for the high-res images and for completion, much the same way that offering free patterns and preview photos encourages magazine sales of Interweave Knits. Any chance of getting at least some highlight or excerpt podcasts up?
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I really loved the Celebrity Clutch in Episode 101! I've downloaded and have my yarns all picked out! I just happened upon the show by accident! From reading the comments... I guess I am glad that I live on the "left" coast (aka California).
EmanF wrote
this pattrens is very good so please i want to see it on tv
EmanF wrote
this pattrens is very good so please i want to see it on tv
Lyn wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
SuzanneG - we DO get Knitting Daily in Raligh. It's on PBS, but on the higher numbered station (UNCED) - it's on Mondays and I record it on the DVR to watch when I get home from work. If you have TWC digital cable, you get the higher number PBS stations. Those are the only ones with anything good - Knitting Daily, Sewing with Nancy, Martha's Sewing Room (Martha Pullen), Fons & Porter's LOve of Quilting, America Sews... I just love KNitting Daily though - lots of great ideas and inspiration!
RKC wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
We do have the show in Kentucky. I've enjoyed what I've seen so far, although I wish there were less segments and more concentration/longer time spent on other segments. I do miss Shay's program.....wish I could have both!
spvaughan wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
when are you going to start airing programs in texas?
Diane@8 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Where is the pattern for the lacy pink shawl show in episode 103?
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Connecticut Public Television, Hartford, CT. started airing both new programs last Saturday morning, KNITTING DAILY, and KNIT AND CROCHET TODAY. Such a delight to have both programs, in our area!
bricolageg wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Looking for the shawl pattern from Luxe & Luscious Episode 101. The pattern on YarnMarket, the link provided, is not the same as on the show. Thanks!
terry wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
great corset just started onein charcoal
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I could not find a picture for the Celebrity Clutch so I do not remember which one it was. Was it the one Eunny demonstrated with the cables and the foam board and satin lining? If so, I would really love a picture of that one. If not, where is that pattern available, please. The one Eunny demonstrated. Thank you Sr. Gloriamarie gloriamarie@gmail.com
BonnieL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Hello, I enjoy your show with two notable exceptions. One - the segments are way too short to allow any real learning, and two - you need a camera angle that will allow viewers to see Eunny and these other lightning fast knitters as they stitch. watching them from in front just doesn't do it - we need a camera shot from over their shoulder view. thank you. Bonnie Lacey
Knitlarisa wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
It's too hard to find the patterns. I've gone back to the original email & tried it 4 times & can't find the episode that has the pattern for the crocheted short-waisted sweater! Nice idea though.
DeborahK wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
We've tried to get a pattern for the Orenburg lace shawl. Unfortunately, the sample we received was created by craftsladies in the Ukraine who have memorized them. In future, I'll be sure that everything we display on KnittingDailyTV has an accompanying pattern. FREE Windy Valley Vicuna patterns can be found at http://www.yarnmarket.com/knitting/Windy_Valley_Muskox_Free-614.html You can also use Qiviut or Guanaco for these patterns.
irina wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Where can I find download for a knitted flower? I saw it in this episode, but I can't find it here. Please, help! Sincerely yours, Irina.
ZoeOB wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:23 AM
I purchased the DVD series and am enjoying it. My only criticism is that the camera is facing the hosts and guests as they demonstrate a technique. This makes it a bit difficult to understand how to perform the techniques properly. Please consider an "over the shoulder" view in future episodes or having the demonstrator hold the piece in such a manner that the audience can properly see what's happening.
SusanM@183 wrote
on Nov 10, 2010 9:39 AM

Last week on your program there was a demonstration on how to correct  the uneven rows when knitting  a stripe in the  round.  I missed which show it was and I can't seem to find it . Can anyone advise on which series and show number?

I

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.