Episode 103: Amazing Lace

Jul 1, 2008
Put away your leather because today on Knitting Daily we’re exploring the popular, feminine world of knitted lace, including which yarns to use and how to block your work to showcase your lacey stitches.

Getting Started: Deborah Knight and Kim present some new yarn choices, perfect for knitting lace.
Designer Spotlight: Louisa Harding and Shay discuss Louisa’s inspiration for her book Knitted Little Luxuries and then demonstrate how to make a knitted floral accessory for Louisa’s Juliet Scarf.
How-To: Sela Smith from Fiesta joins Eunny to demonstrate the Swirl berret – a simple lace idea perfect for beginning lace knitters.
You Asked It: Kathy Elkins from Webs answers questions about the importance of blocking lace
Knit Along: Eunny demonstrates step 2 in the Louet linen progressive project, the “Lacey” Stole.

103-1 Amazing Lace, Getting Started

Download Information from Yarn Market

Kim and Deborah Knight from Yarnmarket.com talk about the perfect yarn choices for knitting lace. Download a list of yarns shown, as well as a link to the Windy Valley Muskox Quiviut Scarf. All yarns are available at www.yarnmarket.com.

Yarnmarket.com
c/o Yarn Market, LLC
12936 Stonecreek Drive, Unit D
Pickerington, OH 43147
(888) 996-9276
(614) 861-7223
Orders@yarnmarket.com

www.yarnmarket.com

Purchase this episode on DVD

103-2 Amazing Lace, How-To

pdfDownload Juliet Scarf

Author of Knitting Little Luxuries Louisa Harding visits with Shay about her inspiration behind her new book. She also demonstrates the lacey rosette accessory she ads to her Juliet Scarf, a feminine lace project using her grandmother’s buttons. Download the pattern for the rosette.

Interweave Press
201 E Fourth St
Loveland, CO 80537
(800) 272-2193
www.interweave.com
www.interweavebooks.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

103-3 Amazing Lace, How-To

pdfDownload Swirl Berret

Sela Smith from Fiesta Yarns visits with Eunny, who demonstrates an easy lace project for beginning knitters, the Swirl Berret pattern. Download Swirl Berret pattern, made from Fiesta’s Baby Boom, a 100% merino wool.

Fiesta Yarns
5401 San Diego NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
(506) 892-5008
CustomerService@fiestayarns.com
www.fiestayarns.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

103-4 Amazing Lace, You Asked It

Janice from London, Ontario, asks “How important is it to block lace?” Kathy Elkins from Webs answers her question by demonstrating the importance of blocking lace properly with no rinse wool wash, and blocking board, and pins. All products used on this segment are available from Webs, www.yarn.com.

WEBS, America’s Yarn Store
75 Service Center Road
Northampton, MA 01060
(800) FOR-WEBS (367-9327)
customerservice@yarn.com
www.yarn.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

103-5 Amazing Lace, Knit Along

pdfDownload Lacey Stole

Eunny Jang demonstrates the second project in the Louet linen ensemble, the "Lacey" Stole, made of Louet’s Euroflax linen yarn.
See project 1 of the Louet linen ensemble, the "Alicia" Corset (Segment 101-5)
See project 3 of the Louet linen ensemble, the "Ashley" Skirt (Segment to 108-5)

Louet North America
3425 Hands Road
Prescott, ON, Canada K0E 1T0
(613) 925-4502
Info@louet.com for pattern support
Lynda@louet.com
www.louet.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Comments

on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'd love to watch you, but you aren't listed here in Montana.
BarbD wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I can commiserate with DeniseJ. I'm in BC, but get signals from the Washington State area, and I'm out of luck, too. I'll do what I was told and "stay tuned" with crossed fingers!
DorisA wrote
Feel bad that I can not watch your show also. Receive from Buffalo NY area
NastassjaM wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm another who wishes that I could access your show, but you're not airing in Sacramento, unfortunately.
LauraP wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
We're stationed in Germany and I certainly do not get ANY craft channels on the AFN (Air Force Network) sad to say. I'm grateful I can at least get on line and download some free patterns. Thank you for that. Laura
CaryK wrote
where do I find the free pattern for "Louisa's little flowers? Thank-You, Cary
CherylH@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
sorry i cant watch your show but i am on the other side of the world in australia unless our foxtell or austar pick up your show like they do with many others i will have to make do with the computor cheryl hunt australia 22/07/08
KathleenE wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
No watching here in the Detroit area either. I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one.
molly z. wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
looks like some nive viewing but where do I find the free pattern for "Louisa's little flowers? there are 3 others but not one labeled "Louisa's little flowers" thanks a bunch - mollyz
JoanS@3 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
It's not being broadcast here in Syracuse, NY either. Just where is it being broadcast and who is getting to watch it? Joan
DorisM wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
For Cary and MollyAnn, I found the little flower pattern in the Juliet scarf pattern. I, too, had to search for it because it wasn't clear where to find it. I wish we could see these episodes here in Australia. I did write to find out if the region (ours is 4) of the DVDs would work and was told probably not. So thank you for publishing some of the patterns. They look wonderful and I look forward to knitting the scarf first.
kmbold wrote
Shouldn't there be a picture of the Swirl Beret with the pattern? Kmbold
JenniferA@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
How are you not airing in Chicago? Seriously, we're a huge city. Could you air here?
RedaD wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I wish Knitting Daily was shown in the Houston, Texas area. Please contact the PBS station, KUHT, and see what you can do for all the knitters on the Texas Gulf Coast. Thanks!!
AndiB wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
There is no watching here in Wyoming; not with Wyoming PBS nor the Denver PBS station. I do feel fortunate to be able to purchase the season without having to move to Rapid City, South Dakota, in order to watch 4:00 AM. Wow, selected cities means just that. But again, one can watch, learn, and download the entire season and be extremely happy. But it would be nice if this market were served as along with those selected, because shows like this are for many knitters in this area the only way we stay current outside of magazines. Thanks
CharlotteT@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Gosh darn, I'm not able to get the airing from my 4 PBS stations either. I'm not that far out in the north woods. Charlotte - Central Wisconsin
BarbaraR@3 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
when can we see the shows in Australia? We need them here too! Barbara NSW Australia
cathyes61 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Wish you were airing out of Philadelphia PA....Live in Dover, Delaware but watch PBS from Philly...
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I live in France so obviously I don't receive your programme. But I find it rather amusing to see all the areas of the US where people don't receive it either! Where DO people get to see you?
tnm wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
We don't receive it in Fargo, ND, either, which is where my local PBS station is located. I think we should all call or e-mail our local PBS stations asking for this series. They are member-driven (remember all the pledge drives??) and our input is what will get the show on our local channels. Please let us know if you receive results from this action! Nancy in Northwestern MN
Cfanning wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Not around Atlanta (what is that about!) either. And, where are the free flower patterns?????? You said to click here - we did - no flowers! Carole, Marietta, GA
SandyW wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Gosh darn. We had tv knitting shows in Florida of all places!! Now I live in Niagara Falls, New York and REALLY need Kntting Daily tv. Getting your Knitting Daily email makes my day!! Sandy
tedi215 wrote
So where do you air? Debbi M. Tacoma WA
Marty wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
It's SO sad that so many fans are unable to view the program due to their local PBS stations not carrying it. This is usually because they have no sponsor willing to fund the program in the local market. LADIES and GENTS, contact your LYSs and ask them to sponsor the program! I'm so very fortunate that my LYS, Natural Stitches, is sponsoring the program here in Pittsburgh, PA on WQED. Goodness knows, we need MORE fiber programing and LESS home improvement on the air. After all, how many times can you afford to remodel, improve and/or landscape compared to how many fiber projects one is able to construct? Daily Knitting, thank you SO much for providing your fans and fiber fanatics with quality and MUCH needed programing ~ Kudos!
DebbieH wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I am unable to watch in the Louisville,KY area as well :-( and where do I find those little flower patterns? Debbie H
SharonV wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm so upset that you're not listed in my area yet! No matter when you finally air in NYC I'll probably be at work anyway, so it looks like the DVD for me. Does that mean I'll get to see the shows that haven't yet aired? If so, I'd say that's a bonus!
CherL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Not in my area of Montana - 103-5 Amazing Lace, knit along - unable to download lace stole or view projects - can you advise? What area's is viewing available?
SueD@3 wrote

Can you provide a picture of the swirl berret? Thanks, Sue Day

KDTV: Please contact Fiesta Yarn, the sponsor of the Swirl Barret Pattern.

honey_b wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
The show is not in Alabama either! I was thinking that it was because we don't need bulky sweaters and mittens here, but that must be not it because some posters who can't get the show are "northern neighbors" ! I wish there was a knitting show that didn't stress outerwear--I am so not into that! Southern Pam
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Thank you for your comments. Each station chooses when and if to air the program. If it is not airing in your local market - please go to the station finder on the site and enter your zip code to find the name of your local station. Please call, write or email and let them know you are a viewer of the station and would like to see Knitting Daily TV. You can really help in bringing KD to your local market.
RobynB wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm in northern Va, also not listed here. Very disappointing. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I get to sample, look but not get a piece. :-( Robyn, Manassas, Va
SuzanneL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
To all WGBH-TV viewers in the Boston market: Email the station at access@wgbh.org to request they pick up the show. I just did. If they have a lost of requests, maybe we will get what we want! Suzanne Scituate, MA
Kate M. wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I am about to email my local PBS station, KETC in St. Louis, to request the program. I know it will help them make up their minds to do it if I make even a small donation. Thanks for the downloads! I have loads of stash to try them out on.
P.J.F wrote
PJ So, exactly where are you airing? Spokane
ChristineN wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm really disappointed that it's not available in my area. I live in Oak Forest, IL. Sure hope it comes here soon. It looks awesome!!!
Elisa wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm in Australia. Perhaps you could offer the shows online like QNNtv.com does their shows? It would be wonderful to have a knitting/crochet channel for so many around the world to access.
LindaC@9 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Knitting Daily is not available in Denver or Colorado Springs. I just bought the first season DVDs.
HeartSong wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!! This is exactly the kind of knitting show I've been waiting to see on TV. I caught the first episode quite by accident and LOVED it. Finally signed on here after this week's 103-5 Amazing Lace Knit Along. Will try that stitch very soon!
Elaan wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Please Fiesta Yarns, include a photo with your instructions! I won't attempt to make something unless I have a photo to match my work with.
SylvieS wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I just watched your show (Episode 103: Amazing Lace) on WPBS from Watertown, NY. I live in a small town just west of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Knitting and craft shows on tv are very few in numbers. So glad to see yours and look forward to see more in the future. sylvie
Rena wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Caught program accidentally I think on Watertown PBS, I am in Ottawa Canada. I am now searching religiously whenever I have the time to watch TV in the afternoon. Hope I find it again soon. Really, really enjoyed this program. Filming of closeups was very good.
LouiseK wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I was able to watch my first program today. I would suggest that knitting demonstrations be done over the shoulder or from above. Too difficult to see what is going on with the camera in front.
BrendaW wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I agree with LouiseK - the camera angles are awkward during demos. Over the shoulder would be best. Congrats on the show!
skooter wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Camera angles a plus, AS IF "YOU" WERE WORKING and looking down on the project is always best for the viewer. THIS IS REAL IMPORTANT to those of us fortunate enough to view your show. PLEASE, don't talk over one another, the viewer is trying to make out conversations, and with both talking at the same time, technical information is lost. May I suggest, it would be nice for both parties demonstrating on live TV to review the show they just filmed, you will then notice, that either, sentences aren't completed, or just too much talking over one another. This is most noticeable with Coats and Clark rep, but not exclusive. I don't wish to sound rude, but it is just so hard to make out what is being said, let alone view. I love the show, but lots of improvements needed, information wonderful, but presentation could be more viewer friendly.
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
What a disappointment I can't get your show in New York City.
SthrnSqrl wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I noticed people are still asking about the little rosettes. The pattern for them is listed with the Juliet Scarf.
willcovalt wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I was stoked to get a new beanie pattern so thanks! I jsut caught the rerun and found the site.
Freedom wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I just caught your show on an off chance today and I loved it. Usually I clean when my children are napping. I am all ways looking for something different to do or wear that no one else has around me. Loved the show today, I am inspired to try to catch as often as I can. Thank you!
CiriaK wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I am so excited, I was flipping through channels today and came across your show - much to the dismay of my daughters. It is on here in Utah on KUEN saturdays at 7:30 (channel 9). I was so excited to learn to do the rosettes I will do a few today.
BonnieL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I love your show, your daily emails, your free patterns, your knitting advice...I love everything about your site! Great job, and after hearing talk about it the other day, I can't wait to get some linen yarn! thanks for doing such a great job!
Deb@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I can't wait to get home from work to watch my recording of your program! It is the highlight of my day! I am soooo thrilled that you have this show and I love everything about it. My only regret is that it is not and hour long! I could watch all day! hehehehe.....Thank you!
yumjo wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I, too, live in Utah and caught your show by chance. Really enjoyed it. I appreciate and agree with the constructive criticism offered by a few other viewers and their comments reflect my ideas as well. I enjoyed making a little rosette from the pattern included with the Juliet Scarf. I attached it to a cap I just made for a young mother struggling with cancer. The rosette, with a few crystals in the center, added so much spice to the cap and she was thrilled with it. Thanks for a great program, an informative website and the free patterns. Keep it going. It's well worth it. Sincerely, Ymana Johnson
Debby wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm making Louisa Harding's Juliet Scarf for my daughter's birthday but am having trouble with the rosette. I wish the show aired in Monterey County, CA. Is the show a pay per view? Is that why you sell the videos? Debby
HelenW wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I wish we had the broadcast here in Australia(sigh).
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
From Patricia (MoM) and me, We cannot wait for Friday at 2:00 PM when Knitting Daily is on, and we just love your show. Mom always remarks about all the time, prior to the program, of all the work before the KD finally airs. We, too, wish the show were longer. I think 2 hours would be about fair. So much to learn, so much to knit, alas, so little time.../ Hugs to all, Cheryl Virginia and Patricia from Maine
karen@17 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
pbs for the first time thanks for answering questions. would like to find knitting little luxuries? please stick with pbs lakeshore. karen
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Not only is there no photo or picture/schematic/drawing of the Swirl Berret, there is no gauge given, or finished dimensions. This really frustrated me, as I wanted to substitute a different yarn. I posted about this on Knitting Daily Forum but no one responded. Eventually I just dove in and started a hat. After three attempts to swatch and get something of a gauge and make adjustments accordingly, the hat still turned out too big and sloppy for my head. Please don't say, "ask Fiesta Yarns about it, it's their pattern." Can't you just post some errata/corrections/ additions? It doesn't help that Berret is spelled incorrectly, It's b-e-r-e-t. I'm not really a complainer/whiner, just frustrated. please forgive
connally wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
In the rosette for the Juliet Scarf, on row 2, it says to do a pattern then repeat 9 times. This would be a total of 10 repeats. This leaves me with 0 stitches, but it says 32 sts. rem. Have I done something wrong? I am ready for the first short row, but all of my stitches are on one needle, I do not have 32 remaining stitches.
saba wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Am in Saudi Arabia and its really sad we do not have channel in English showing knitting or crocheting ...........the only source for a crafter like me is online free patterns and they are just awesome I have made some of them and they turned out just perfect.
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
just saw my first class in the S.F.,CA bay area today. It may have been on befor, but new to me. Now I really need to get new glasses.
sgt in bama wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm glad that others, especially in larger cities, are along the ones of us that don't get this program on our PBS channels. Yes, I have written and called, but to such luck. There are some of us who are already retired who would love to watch this program, instead of children's programs all day on our PBS
CharlotteM wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I live in San Francisco and do get your show. I wish the segments were a little longer, it seems a little choppy although you get a lot in each time. Thanks for all the hard work.
mary@11 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Today was the first time I came across your show on our line-up and I thought it was the greatest! I immediately went on-line and registered. I'm glad I can go on-line and get the patterns you used. I just loved the scarf with the flower detail. I plan on making it for my granddaughter. mary
karen@3 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm in the New York city area and I can't watch the show on TV either. Seriously, where does this show air? I would watch.
LakayaP wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
These are beautiful. Anyway you can watch the show online?
LakayaP wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
PBS here is WCET (Cin 48) regular and digital...clear picture...and KET (Kettering 16) I'm not sure where Kettering is, but we have always been able to get it...snowy screen but comes in. I get this when i put in my zip code...that didnt look right so i put in my city and got the exact same thing. these are all Kentucky stations that I cant get here in Cincinnati. theres not even a cable link to that. Day Date Time Episode Title (Number) WCVN Sat 1/3/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat 1/10/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat *1/17/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat *1/24/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced WCVNDT† Sat 1/3/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat 1/10/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat *1/17/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat *1/24/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced WKON Sat 1/3/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat 1/10/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat *1/17/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced Sat *1/24/2009 11:30 AM ET To Be Announced
LisaD wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
still not airing in Alabama at least not near me
VirgadeanR wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I agree with New York, I live in the Los Angeles area and I can't get it either. It is strange that two major metropolitan areas with knitters numbering in the hundreds of thousands at least can't view the show.
Nancy LB wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Very disapointed That these shows are not shown in South West PA. The price of cable you think we could get good knitting shows.
SueR@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
No listing/showing in the East Texas Area. Our cable is out of Dallas/Fort Worth - so I had hopes of being able to watch. I will keep up on the computer. Thanks for your site.
cadja wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I tried to download the free patterns like the Shauna Sweater and the Beretl, but could not find the free pattern. Any hints? Thanks, Carol
CarolJ wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I have access to 3 PBS stations, emailed all of them. One station replied that they air on a craft network, (can't find it). Another, my local New Jersey station, said they had no plans to air the program, and the third didn't reply. Why is it that major areas, NY, LA etc don't get the show, yet its in Maine, & Upstate NY. It seems so hit and miss. BUT, thank you for the free downloads. CarolJ.
NancyG wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Can't get the show here in Central Florida either. Also, I clicked on the download for the Swirl Beret and the St. Pete's Scarf - and was very surprised there were no phots of the finished product !!!! That's the first time I ever looked at a pattern (for anything - knit, crochet, plastic canvas, embroidery etc. etc.) and there was no accompanying photos. What is up with Fiest Yarns????
NonniesKnits wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I'm in Seattle - another big knitting city. Your show doesn't air here either. I love your site but would really love to be able to watch as well!
CindaM wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I live in Athens, Ohio, and called the local station, WOUB, who airs the PBS channel and was told that this show wasn't on their schedule. I requested that it be aired, and was told there was a quilting show scheduled for Saturday mornings. I am disappointed in this response but will call again to request this great show.
Mary Lou@2 wrote
Please air again im Milwaukee, WI! We miss you. ML
SharW wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Columbus, OH seems to be a good knitting market -- we have a number of well-stocked yarn shops, yet no one carries your show here either. I'll keep trying with the PBS station since knitting (at least in my mind) is vastly different from quilting. I'm not convinced that interest and skill sets always transfer from one to the other as the local programmers seems to think.
MargaretW@2 wrote
This is the swirl beret
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I am sad to say I don't get Knitting Daily, i live in the Washington D.C. area. Where is this show aired? anyone know? I love the web site ! so much information and very entertaining to read, thanks Sandi !! Your the best !
PatriciaG@2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
For those looking for the Rosettes Pattern. Go Straight up this page and download the Juliet Scarf. the Instructions are there on the scarf pattern. I too think we should put a bit of pressure on the TV Channels to carry more instructional and educational shows like these, as the world is missing a great chance to educate our youth and all to keep these crafts alive and growing. I too do not and cannot receive these shows in Southern Ontario. Keep up the good work.
JackyUK wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Hi, I live in Bracknell, Berkshire (near Royal Ascot and Windsor) England. I found you on the internet and signed up for the e-mail. I love your patterns and I have plans to knit a few. Any chance of your network approaching a UK distributor as I would love to see your show. We have plenty of cookery, DIY and watercolour/painting shows but we have nothing that covers knitting, crochet or needlework. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope to see you in the not too distant future. Regards Jacalyn
SharenM wrote
The lace beret would not print the words for me. Disappointment! REgards Sharen
June@3 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I just watched the show (in Cincinnati, Ohio) logged on, and downloaded the rosette pattern (in the Juliet scarf pattern). Thank you for an inspiring show!
ValerieB wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I am so thankful that I get Knitting Daily TV. I live in Morehead, KY. I also was told by a tech from Dishnetwork that if you put the convertor on your dish you will be able to pick up some of the PBS channels. I hope he told me the truth. Lexington has three PBS channels with different shows like quilting, crocheting, painting, etc. I hope this helps. I am calling Dish again about how to do the connections. Thank you for this blessing. I am learning to knit from your shows. Keep up the wonderful works. Valerie Brown
dudenma wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I am very disappointed about not being able to find a pattern that your TV show said we could get off your website. Why do you have such a difficult website to use? I am interested in the knit hat that has the leaf pattern on top but can not find the pattern. You really need a user friendly website that is easy to find items that interest your viewers. Diana in California
Simcha wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
I downloaded the pattern for the beret, but what is it supposed to look like? Amazingly, the pattern includes no picture. I can't watch the TV show, and can't afford to buy each DVD. I would never start making a pattern without a sense of what I'm making should look like. If you're going to offer free patterns, at least include a picture so they're actually useful.
socklady2 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
i agree. where is the picture of the beret? and your website is not easy to navigate. jacqueline
DeborahK wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
SharW -- Let me know if I can help you convince the local PBS station. Yarnmarket is located in Columbus (Pickerington, actually) and we'd love our shoppers to see it. (Some added weight: The TKGA is in Zanesville and the TNNA's BIG Conference occurs in Columbus, OH each June, drawing knitters, vendors and retailers from all over the US.) Feel free to drop me an email at deborah@yarnmarket.com if you'd like to work together on this.
rlthompson wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
When we installed our digital converter box, I noticed the show listed recently on the local public tv station here in the Detroit area for the digital broadcast. BTW, if you haven't gotten your converter box, hurry as February 17 is coming up fast. Check out the government web site at www.DTVTransition.org
knitwit67 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Found your show, flipping channels today. Enjoyed it very much and have gone ahead and recorded the future shows on Satudays for the next three weeks, and will continue to do so every time I watch so I can stay ahead. I am in No. Kentucky, near Cincinnati. I found it interesting how you can combine your yarns and knit with telephone size needles (just kidding)to make things.
Cynthia@3 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Your show is not available in my area..I e-mailed the PBS station asking for them to air it...hopefully they will...bought the first episode dvd's...love all the tips and patterns for the show's I've seen...
joy@5 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
Good afternoon I enjoy your show very much and watch from Ottawa, Canada. I would like to get the pattern for the gauzy shawl which was shown on the "judy" in episode 103, "Amazing Lace". It would be perfect for my daughter's wedding. How would I go about getting it? I have emailed the yarn website but don't know the name of the pattern or the yarn which was used. Thanks for your help and a wonderful program. Sincerely Joy
Shewolf wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:21 AM
It's aired in my area, but only if I get cable. Which I can't, since they won't run it down my road. I did buy the 100 series, and loved it. I hope to buy the rest as they come out.
on Jul 4, 2009 12:52 PM

Our local station just aired this episode.  Is the pattern for the pink shawl at the beginning of the show available anywhere?  I've found the yarn on Yarn Market.com, but you've given no clues about the pattern.

What a treat it is to find your production now being offered in our area!  It is interesting, informative and inspirational.  Thank you.

ava daisy wrote
on Apr 24, 2010 12:46 PM

I just discovered your show in PBS in my area.  I'm in Lambertville, MI but I get the Toledo, OH PBS station and the Bowling Green, OH PBS station.  I love your show, so helpful.  I'm now pulling up the old shows on my PC.  keep up the good work.

Jeanie Lutz in Lambertville, MI

on Mar 2, 2012 10:30 PM

From silk to cashmere, affordable to extravagant, explore the world of luxurious fibers, including how to care for knitwear made from these high quality fibers. Sponsors: YarnMarket.com , Blue Sky Alpacas , Fiesta Yarns , Webs , Louet North America

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.