Episode 108: Special Occasions

Jul 1, 2008
Knit and crochet for special occasions with on Knitting Daily TV as we add metallic glam to our work and dress up knitwear with unique embroidery.

Getting Started: Kathy Elkins from Webs yarn store gives Shay an overview of metallic and other glam yarns
Designer Spotlight: Erika and Monika Simmons, the Double Stitch twins, join Kim to demo one of their urban crochet design, the Remix T-Shirt with sleeves using the filet crochet stitch.
How-To: Michele Rose Orne demos how to dress up knitwear with the lazy daisy stitch, which she incorporates into her design work.
You Asked It: Kim demonstrates a bolero which has a loopy crocheted edging and uses flashy ribbon yarn
Knit Along: Eunny finishes the Louet linen ensemble with the third garment, the Ashley Skirt.

108-1 Special Occasions, Getting Started

Kathy Elkins from Webs yarn store is here with glitter, glam, and sparkly yarns to dress up any occasion. All the yarns featured on this segment are available at Webs yarn store, www.yarn.com.

WEBS, America’s Yarn Store
75 Service Center Road
Northampton, MA 01060
(800) FOR-WEBS (367-9327)
customerservice@yarn.com
www.yarn.com

Purchase this episode on DVD

108-2 Special Occasions, Designer Spotlight

pdfDownload Remix T-Shirt

The Double Stitch twins Erika and Monika Simmons are visiting with Kim about their urban crochet designs from their book Double Stitch (Interweave, 2008). They also demo a fun, filet crochet project for special occasions, the Remix T-Shirt. Download the Remix T-Shirt pattern . Erika and Monika demo this pattern using Berroco’s Glacé yarn, available online at www.yarnmarket.com.

Yarnmarket.com
Postal mail:
c/o Yarn Market, LLC
12936 Stonecreek Drive, Unit D
Pickerington, OH 43147(888) 996-9276
(614) 861-7223
Orders@yarnmarket.com
www.yarnmarket.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

108-3 Special Occasions, How-To

pdfDownload Frost Flower Cuff

Michele Rose Orne, author of Inspired to Knit (Interweave, 2008), visits with Eunny on embroidering knitwear to make each sweater a piece of original art. Download the lazy daisy design (Frost Flower Cuff) that Michele demos, using Tahki yarns.

Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc.
70-30 80th St. Building 36
Ridgewood, NY 11385
(800) 338-YARN
info@tahkicharles.com
www.tahkistacycharles.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

108-4 Special Occasions, You Asked It

pdfDownload the Ribbon Bolero

Beth from New York City asks, “What can I do with fancy ribbon yarns besides make a scarf?” Kim demonstrates the “Ribbon Bolero,” which originally appeared in Interweave Crochet Winter 2007, designed by Marilyn Murphy with Fiesta’s ribbon yarns. This fun bolero has loopy edges and metallic sheen. Download the Ribbon Bolero

Fiesta Yarns
5401 San Diego NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
(506) 892-5008
CustomerService@fiestayarns.com
www.fiestayarns.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

108-5 Special Occasions, Knit Along

pdfDownload Ashley

Eunny finishes up the Linen Ensemble with the "Ashley" Skirt. This skirt uses pleats of linen yarn for beautiful drape with a lightweight Louet linen yarn that washes up beautifully. Download the pattern for the "Ashley" Skirt.

See project 1 of the Louet linen ensemble, the "Alicia" Corset (Segment 101-5)
See project 2 of the Louet linen ensemble, the "Lacey" Stole (Segment 103-5)

Louet North America
3425 Hands Road
Prescott, ON, Canada
K0E 1T0
(613) 925-4502
Info@louet.com
for pattern support, e-mail Lynda@louet.com.
www.louet.com

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Comments

Jennifer@8 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM

Hello, I am new to this page and this show and I saw the show today and I was very interested in the episode that aired today.  The women did a crochet of a christmas tree with red metallic yarn.  I was wondering where I could find the pattern because I am looking for x-mas ideas and I really liked this one.  If someone can contact me via email and let me know how to find this pattern I would greatly appreciate it, thank-you.

J.J.

-------

The show you saw today is Needle Arts Studio, which is no longer in
production. However, the website referring to the Christmas trees is
still live:

The tree is a Kathy Schenkel design, and she can be contacted at:
kschenkeldesigns@aol.com

YolandaL wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
I await anxiously for the program to air in Los Angeles, CA!
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
Thank you for your comments. Each station chooses when and if to air the program. If it is not airing in your local market - please go to the station finder on the site and enter your zip code to find the name of your local station. Please call, write or email and let them know you are a viewer of the station and would like to see Knitting Daily TV. You can really help in bringing KD to your local market.
Zaz wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
the remix Tshirt can look classy, it's obvious in the photo of the model with the astrakan yarn collar and white crocheted sleeves under a simple red tank. heads up, this is a funky take that worked without being cheap, well done!
Elaan wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
YEA CROCHET! Thank you for having some crochet patterns for those who may not knit or knit well.
craftcat wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
We just started getting this program in our area. Unfortunately we kept loosing the signal. Usually when someone was explaining a stitch is when the signal would disappear. I love this program and also enjoyed Needle Arts Studio. I'm so glad we are getting these programs. I get to watch because I am recently retired.
VeronicaP wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
I love this site... after waiting so patiently to be able to afford the extra channels suddenly I can't find any knit/crochet or anything close. :-( But I am very thankful that I can see what's new from this site! :-) :-) Thanks for the wonderful patterns! :-) :-) Pinka http://pinkap.etsy.com http://pinkap.blogspot.com
Razor wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
Imagine my surprise when I downloaded the Remix T-shirt and saw this lovely lady with her gorgeous tshirt sleeves....only to see her in her underwear! Would have been much more appropriate to see this t-shirt paired with jeans or slacks.
Minniemack wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
The remix t-shirt instructions would be vastly improved by showing a photo of what is meant by "weaving loops" as this is the techniques that is essential for getting the sleeve off to the right start and is the technique that is most likely to be foreign to the crocheter.
sharon.long wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 1:12 AM
I really enjoy Interweave Crochet and would love to be able to watch your show but unfortunately we aren't getting it in Wales yet. I have only one request. More crochet please! Knitting is a wonderful skill, there is no question about that. But I crochet. I love crochet! It would be nice to have them both equally for those of us who only do one. Thanks for listening. By the way, Happy New Year! Sharon Long
on Mar 22, 2014 5:06 PM

I started watching Knitting Daily after the first season so I got the DVD to see what I missed.  In the third segment of this episode there was an absolutely adorable girl's cardigan on the model to the right.  Where can I buy this pattern?

Copyright © 2015 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.