Episode 1208 - Brioche the Subject

Jan 6, 2014

This episode of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is all about brioche knitting. Whether this is a new concept for you, or you are a seasoned brioche knitter, you are sure to learn something new in this episode.

Watch a preview:

How-To:

On the first segment of the show, host Vickie Howell introduces author and designer Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark, author of upcoming Brioche Chic. Here she demonstrates basic brioche stitch in a reversible scarf.
Sponsored by Interweave

Space to Space:
Travel virtually to the Toronto as Vickie talks with Amy SInger, the editor, publisher, and founder of Knitty

How-To:

Next, Vickie continues talking with Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark. In this segment. learn about working brioche in the round to make a Basic Brioche Cowl from Brioche Chic. Download this pattern excerpt from Mercedes' upcoming book.

Sponsored by Interweave.

Tools of the Trade:
Learn about new and exciting products with designer and author Tanis Gray. On this episode Tanis talks about Denise Interchangeable Needles, Freia Fine Handpaint Yarns, and Zen Yarn Garden.

Loose Ends:
Vickie Howell wraps up this episode explaining why brioche stitch looks nicer, feels softer, and works more quickly on larger needles.

Sponsored by Yarnspirations.

Get the entire Series 1200 of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell at InterweaveStore.com

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, felting, and spinning. The show guides viewers in learning to make fun yet smart one-of-a-kind designs using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Comments

inlineclass wrote
on Mar 7, 2014 9:28 AM

Kind of confused about the tools of the trade segment.  What's the point of talking about products but not telling the viewers what they are called, who makes it, where to get it?

on Apr 1, 2014 8:55 PM

Frankly I'm finding this whole season of Knitting Daily TV disappointing.  Prior seasons I've found to be overall very good.  From time to time various segments have been some good others great and others a bit off.  But most all segments of this season I've found a bit blah.  I agree with Inlineclass below what's the point of the tools of the trade segment?  And then the Space to Space segment seems totally worthless as well.  So I think I'm going to not tune in this year at all and hope next season gets better.

on Apr 27, 2014 2:38 PM

Inlineclass is right. I see wonderful products on all these stitching, sewing, knitting shows, but the average crafter is never told where to get them   Give us the brand so we can search.   How can they sell something if we can find the vendor.

on Apr 27, 2014 2:38 PM

on May 21, 2014 9:00 PM

it took me an HOUR to find this page AND I HAD the show number!  Seriously, this web site has NEVER been a favorite.....and I have to be in a really good mood to try and find something here!

kibs wrote
on Jun 14, 2014 10:49 PM

I do understand why they can't (won't) give practical information for tools and yarn because they want the company's to pay for the pleasure as an advert.  It's very frustrating for us viewers.  I guess some of us are finding it more useful to use sites like Ravelry and Knitty and find youtube videos.

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.