Episode 1211 - Tiny Details

Jan 6, 2014

This episode of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is all about knitting little things for the little ones in your life!

Watch a preview:

How-To:

On the first segment of the show, host Vickie Howell introduces Courtney Kelley and Kate Gagnon Osborn of Kelbourne Woolens. They discuss slipped-stitch colorwork and how to fit garments for babies. Download the pattern for their adorable Waylon Pullover, featured in this episode.

Vickie is wearing the Emmanuelle Sweater by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark from Knitscene  Fall 2013.

Sponsored by Interweave

Space to Space:
Travel virtually to the United Kingdom as Vickie talks to prolific designer Erika Knight

How-To:

Next, Vickie talks with Brandy Fortune, author of Just Like Me Knits. In this segment learn how easy beaded lace can be! Download the pattern for Brandy's Kaylee Doll Beaded Skirt here!

Sponsored by Pixie Purls.

Tools of the Trade:
Learn about new and exciting products with author and designer Tanis Gray. On this episode Tanis talks about items that are particularly excellent when you're knitting for little ones. She showcases Bernat Dippity Dots and a project bag from Chicken Boots.

Loose Ends:
Vickie Howell wraps up this episode with a quick demonstration of how to crochet a flower to embellish a baby garment.

Sponsored by Yarnspirations.

Get the entire Series 1200 of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell at InterweaveStore.com

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, felting, and spinning. The show guides viewers in learning to make fun yet smart one-of-a-kind designs using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Comments

Laura1954 wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 7:49 AM

Love your show. Today on the episode 1211 Tiny Details, you showed a cardigan and hat for a baby in gray. How do I find the pattern for them?

Thanks for your help.

on Apr 19, 2014 6:37 PM

I am interested in the baby cardigan shown on the show today.  Also the bonnet with the star on the back.

How do I locate these patterns.

on Apr 19, 2014 6:37 PM

How do I locate these patterns.

on Apr 19, 2014 6:37 PM

How do I locate these patterns.

on Apr 19, 2014 6:37 PM

How do I locate these patterns.

TracyLuckey wrote
on Apr 22, 2014 6:44 AM

I also would love to find pattern for he Greg Lacey baby bonnet with the ribbon flower and star crown detail ... Episode 1211

SusanC0425 wrote
on Apr 26, 2014 10:30 PM

I would also like to get the pattern for the gray lacy cardigan and bonnet.

LesleyN@2 wrote
on Apr 28, 2014 10:19 AM

Check out Ravelry for the free pattern. It's called Lucille

on May 3, 2014 11:28 AM

Really dislike the new format with Vickie. Seems to be much more talk show and much less of a knitting/crochet show. The graph for the featured sweater was shown but not in enough detail for viewers to understand the graph as it was being discussed. Have almost decided to discontinue recording this show, it is a waste of time.

paws777 wrote
on Jun 6, 2014 6:17 PM

I am interested in finding out where I can purchase the small bag with a wrist strap that you can put your yarn in. I think it's for Knitters by Knitters or something like that.

marg0 wrote
on Jul 14, 2014 3:43 PM

what  is the pattern name for the baby sweater?    what book was used?

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.