Episode 1213 - Shawls and Scarves

Jan 6, 2014

This episode of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is all about cozy and comfy accessories, shawls and scarves!

Watch a preview:

How-To:

On the first segment of the show, host Vickie Howell introduces Interweave Knits Editor Lisa Shroyer, author of Free Spirit Shawls. Lisa and Vickie talk about how to use an I-cord start and I-cord edging for shawls. Download the pattern for Lisa's Return Journey Shawl, featured in this episode.

Vickie is wearing Bernat's Big Fringe Triangle Scarf.

Sponsored by Interweave

Space to Space:
Travel virtually to the creative space of Marly Bird of The Yarn Thing.

How-To:

Next, Vickie talks with Barry Klein, of Trendsetter Yarns, about how to make a stylish and simple seamless mitered scarf. Download the pattern for the Trendsetter's Ascot Wrap, as seen in this segment!
Sponsored by
Trendsetter Yarns.

Tools of the Trade:
Learn about new and exciting products with designer and author Tanis Gray. On this episode Tanis talks about great items from Pigeonroof Studios, White Lies Designs, Bijou Basin Ranch, and Mango Moon Yarns.

Loose Ends:
Vickie Howell wraps up this episode with a quick demonstration of how to make a scarf starting at the center top, and working your way out. Get the free pattern for this scarf here!

Sponsored by Yarnspirations.

Get the entire Series 1200 of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell at InterweaveStore.com

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, felting, and spinning. The show guides viewers in learning to make fun yet smart one-of-a-kind designs using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Comments

kmcla67-shop wrote
on Mar 23, 2014 12:57 PM

Where are the directions for the quick tip??

on Apr 11, 2014 9:38 AM

Did Vickie says the pattern for the shawl she did at the end of the show would be online? That it was shown in a different color

on Apr 11, 2014 5:39 PM

Where is the pattern for the Center Top Out Scarf Pattern Vickie shows at the end of the show?

JaneS@49 wrote
on Apr 16, 2014 1:51 PM

I thought the shawl Vicki made was to be available on line.  I can't find it!

JaneS@49 wrote
on Apr 16, 2014 1:51 PM

I thought the shawl Vicki made was to be available on line.  I can't find it!

on Apr 17, 2014 4:08 PM

how can I fine the pattern for the scarf with icord edge

NormaMMA wrote
on Apr 17, 2014 7:36 PM

Vicki said the "top out scarf" would be on this website - so where is it????  Norma

NormaMMA wrote
on Apr 17, 2014 7:38 PM

Vicki said the Top Out scarf would be on the site, so where is it??  Norma

Alli Mosley wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 11:54 AM

Read the text under the photos. The link to the download is under the picture and in a lighter color.

Alli Mosley wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 11:54 AM

Alli Mosley wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 11:54 AM

Alli Mosley wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 11:55 AM

Read the text ne'er he photos. The link for the download is provided in a lighter text.

Alli Mosley wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 12:00 PM

Sorry about the several posts. My iPad went a little berserk.

Margaret@192 wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 3:47 PM

Where is the pattern for the Center Top Out Scarf?  I have spent an hour going through all the scarf patterns and it is not there.

jinman wrote
on Apr 19, 2014 4:18 PM

I don't see the pattern for the top out shawl,  and is the shawl that Vickie is wearing available?

on Apr 21, 2014 3:08 AM

Is the pattern for the shawl Vickie was wearing available?

This was the best show yet, I think, although I think the previous show was generally better--clearer directions during each segment, more time devoted to actual knitting, and more valuable information about different types of yarns.  I do not like the cyper segment.  Though sometimes interesting, it is not instructive at all.  I DO love seeing the beautiful knitted items Vickie wears....they are very creative, tasteful and inspiring.  I would love to routinely find the patterns for her personal items on the website.  I have really enjoyed watching Knitting Daily for some time and I think the show with Vickie and others will continue to improve.  Camera work during detail of instructions is not the best even with the process of having multiple swatches of a given project.  I will say, though, that the camera work on the first shawl with the i-cord , was much improved.

Mary170 wrote
on Apr 24, 2014 3:19 PM

I

Mary170 wrote
on Apr 24, 2014 3:20 PM

I've been trying to find information on the yarn (from the Indonesian work program) that has the bead already strung on the fiber. Can't see to find it... HELP.

on May 2, 2014 8:20 PM

I have been watching this show for over three years and I am very disappointed that the show has changed hosts. Have you ever heard if its not broken don't try and fix it. I liked the other host she actually showed knitting techiniques that I haven't tried yet. For next season you need to change it back or get another host. Too much talky not enough showing knitting.

clearlake wrote
on May 3, 2014 3:17 PM

enough already of the talk and chatty stuff

what is the point of the space to space on episode 1213. V should leave her chatting to her friends on her time. So much more could be covered on the time allotted.

on May 3, 2014 9:41 PM

I also want the pattern for shawl at the end of the program .  I believe it started with 3 stitches & then Vickie increased 4 times in each row.  Elizabeth

on May 5, 2014 9:22 PM

On episode 1213, shawls and scarves, the bust form in the background is wearing a shawl which is partly open work and the other solid.  Is this pattern available?

on May 5, 2014 9:22 PM

on May 5, 2014 9:22 PM

on May 5, 2014 9:22 PM

Lola@11 wrote
on Jun 2, 2014 3:18 PM

Vicki stated that she would like viewers ideas for future episodes. I would like to have information on sizing knitted sweaters. Positive ease, negative ease, measuring, etc.

I would also like to have her grab a variety of patterns with sizing and explain them. For example..... Some give finished sizes, some just finished sizes with 3 inches of negative or positive ease, some just give sizes s, m, l, xl, etc. There is no good information on the web about this.

I do not want to invest the time and money on a sweater and have it turn out too small or too big.

Please take the fear of fitted sweaters off my bucket list. :)

Any help would be appreciated.

liz dolan wrote
on Jun 19, 2014 4:24 PM

I cannot find the pattern for the shawl patters Vickie showed at the end  The shawl from the top down

on Jun 25, 2014 1:41 PM

well at least I found what I was looking for THIS time-finally...points for listening there....but please change the wording on either or show/episode on web/show so I know what to try and hunt with..search engine still showing NO RESULTS...

but the show is still one big commercial...I’m NOT going to buy your kits, if I”m not sure I can produce the results.....lets see the producer, director, camera guys, go-fors, TRY TO MAKE ANY PROJECT after viewing your show once...I’m NOT buying SEASONS for something that doesn’t SHOW the detailed how to’s....

Can’t you see you are just making people angry?????

on Jun 25, 2014 1:42 PM

Can’t you see you are just making people angry?????

on Jun 25, 2014 10:18 PM

I have attempted the “Tri-Light” pattern three times now...I cannot make row 3 of the first set of instructions come out with anything that looks logical....  there are no stitches left to knit to the left of the marker....what painfully obvious (to you) mistake am I making?  Then, does every row have an uneven number of stitches? Thanks for your time.....

NORMA@32 wrote
on Jul 6, 2014 10:21 PM

ATTENTION! I found the pattern for the shawl!! It was hidden. LOL!

www.knittingdaily.com/.../episode-1213-openwork.aspx

Loose Ends:

The word 'here' is highlighted in blue. Click on it and voila! there's the pattern. I already printed mine out.

NORMA@32 wrote
on Jul 6, 2014 10:21 PM

ATTENTION! I found the pattern for the shawl!! It was hidden. LOL!

www.knittingdaily.com/.../episode-1213-openwork.aspx

Loose Ends:

on Jul 22, 2014 10:14 AM

I am really happy with the new format of the show. I enjoyed Eunny and the previous people.  I like the Space to Space because it gives you a look at other artists that I might not have heard of before and leads me to examine new areas.  I really appreciate that.  Vickie is a delight, upbeat, and adorable, which is a word she also uses frequently, but when a person fits the bill, it applies.  Thanks for the 'new' fun.  May you have much continued success.  Love the new show format!!  Thanks again.

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.