Episode 1307 - Boy Meets Girl

Jul 21, 2014

This episode of Telly Award-winning Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is about masculine and feminine knits and techniques. Learn how to choose appropriate patterns, color palettes, and finishing techniques for your desired effect.

For all the products and patterns featured on this season of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell, visit our Pinterest boards.

Watch a Preview

How To:

In this segment, Host Vickie Howell discusses menswear with knitwear designer Josh Bennett. His tips and tricks will help you create a masculine garment from start to finish.

Space to Space:

Visit with Webs Yarn Store owners, husband and wife team Kathy and Steve Elkins as they talk about the knitting business and current trends in yarn.

How To:

Meet Girly Knits designer and winner of the Fiber Factor challenge, Lauren Riker, as she shares how to create a knitted bow.

Download the pattern for Lauren Riker’s Dressed Up in Love sweater.

Sponsored by Skacel.

Tools of the Trade:

Tanis Gray shows a collection of products that help us get in touch with our masculine and feminine sides.

Apple Creek Chunky Yarn from BagSmith

Apple Creek Pelt Felt from BagSmith

Bento Knitting Bags from Fringe Supply Co.

Ring Row Counter from Crazy Monkey Creations

Mustache Buttons and Needle Gauge from Tangerine8 on Etsy

Loose Ends:

Vickie Howell wraps up this episode by explaining how a few changes to a pattern’s color palette and shaping can take a project in a more masculine or feminine direction. Sponsored by Yarnspirations.

Get the entire Series 1300 of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell at Interweavestore.com

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, and beyond. The show introduces viewers to designers, authors and teachers and guides in learning new techniques using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Comments

dbtate1 wrote
on Aug 29, 2014 9:44 AM

Where is the information on the knit stitch used in the sweater Josh Bennett demo'd?

I can't find it!

dbtate1 wrote
on Aug 29, 2014 9:44 AM

I can't find it!

lsfishburn2 wrote
on Aug 29, 2014 2:22 PM

Where can I find the instructions for the "wolf stitch" which were promised on the show to be available on the web?

lsfishburn2 wrote
on Aug 29, 2014 2:22 PM

lsfishburn2 wrote
on Aug 29, 2014 2:24 PM

Wolf stitch instructions were promised on the episode to be published on the website. Where can I find them ?

on Aug 29, 2014 4:32 PM

Josh's pattern is FREE on Ravelry.com. Ceck here:

www.ravelry.com/.../lincoln-center

Good luck.

on Sep 1, 2014 5:08 PM

I am wondering about the pretty grey sweater with the beads that Vickie is wearing in this episode. Is that a pattern that is available?

Thanks,

Liisa

banksma1 wrote
on Sep 10, 2014 11:57 AM

It used to be easier to find the patterns when they were on the Knitting Daily site.  Now you have to go to a second site.  So  I signed on to Pinterest and searched for Josh Bennett and can't find a thing.  I like this show but want to access the patterns shown.   How can your viewers do that now?

sunshiine wrote
on Sep 26, 2014 1:47 PM

I agree with the others. It is too much work to find the patterns. I used to enjoy the show but the show has changed, and now with it being so difficult and time consuming to find patterns I'll probably just give up on it all together.

podquilter wrote
on Oct 10, 2014 1:52 PM

On the program (#1307) Josh Bennett showed us his stitch that looks like a litle fox face. I have been on this computer for the last 45 minutes trying to find that stitch. Why do you say, "All the directions for this program will be on out website," if you don't make it available to us without spending hours searching? I could have knit 14" in the time I spend searching for this stitch. What gives???

Susan Elder

brockpamela wrote
on Oct 16, 2014 12:31 AM

If you say it will be on the website knittingdailytv.com it should be on the website.  We spend so much time looking for something that isn't there...WE COULD be KNITTTING. Make it happen Vicki - you look like a

primeknits wrote
on Oct 20, 2014 11:04 PM

I *ALSO* came to the site to get the pattern; I recorded it, but didn't knit along as I normally do; but the show said it would be here! Actually, it took a lot of clicks -sign into ravelry, get the pattern, which sends me to knitrowan.com, and then one has to register there! Don't feature patterns that aren't allowed to be explained on your site!

primeknits wrote
on Oct 20, 2014 11:08 PM

I *ALSO* came to the site to get the pattern; I recorded it, but didn't knit along as I normally do; but the show said it would be here! Actually, it took a lot of clicks -sign into ravelry, get the pattern, which sends me to knitrowan.com, and then one has to register there! 2much! Makes me also not want to watch.

weaverwmn wrote
on Oct 21, 2014 11:34 AM

I also waste time looking for "free patterns avalable on the website," which they are not.  I'm hoping to find the sparkly "bow" mittens by Lauren Riker.  What happened to Eunny?  The show has definitely fallen from favor since she left.

PriscillaB wrote
on Oct 21, 2014 3:19 PM

This is October, and the show first aired in July!!

Where on earth -- or cyperspace -- is the explanation of Josh Bennett's little fox stitch.  Vicki said it would be here at Knitting Daily, and it is NOT, NOT, NOT!

In fact, because I was on my way out this morning, I didn't get Josh's name or the number of the show, and it has taken me about 2 hours just to get  his name and the correct show number,

Can Knitting Daily please be a little more less opaque about their information?

When I saw the demo, I realized it is another variation of the linen stitch, but I can't seem to reproduce it.  I'd love to have this stitch to use on cotton blends, as Josh suggested.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Ilene1504 wrote
on Oct 26, 2014 4:19 PM

I have a hard time finding it.  I had to go to Ravelry and then to Rowan and register (didnot realize Ravelry and Rowan are the same.  Had to fuss around with Rowan and get a new passward...from email account.  It's frustrating, I don't even feel like knitting the sweater now.

Ilene1504 wrote
on Oct 26, 2014 4:19 PM

MA Davidson wrote
on Nov 2, 2014 10:08 AM

I have looked fruitlessly for the pattern for the knitted bow by Lindsay Smith featured in show 1307.  I've viewed all 14 pp. of knitting patterns--nothing, nada, zip!  Where is the pattern?

It appears from reading the comments below that a number of folks can't find featured items, instructions, patterns, etc.

M. A. Davidson

katewrite wrote
on Nov 6, 2014 5:08 PM

Ditto to all below, finding free patterns from the show is hopeless. It used to be so easy.  Please do not just tell us to go to Pinterest since you have your own website to host patterns.

mjudy wrote
on Nov 15, 2014 12:31 PM

I, too, find searching for patterns frustrating and time consuming.

You guys must start listening to us.  We aren't complaining just to be unpleasant, we are just frustrated with the difficulty in finding information.

Please, Please fix this situation.  Thank you.

mjudy wrote
on Nov 15, 2014 12:34 PM

I, too, am finding it time consuming and frustrating searching for the "free" patterns and information.  You need to read the comments posted on Rowan and you will get the idea.  Please Please  fix this problem.

atwfly wrote
on Nov 27, 2014 3:45 PM

i agree with everyone.  it is getting harder to find things seen on the show.  I too was looking for the bow mittens.

on Dec 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Well, I'm posting again. I am truly surprised that Interweave has not answered any of the questions on this post nor have they updated the patterns for the episodes. I am not a member of Pinterest and don't wish to be. I have enough to keep track of. Why can we not continue finding the patterns on this website where they belong? Why do things have to be so complicated? Just about all the episodes now refer to finding patterns on the website and then most of them aren't there.

Shame on you Interweave for not following through and supporting your loyal followers. How much longer can we remain loyal when you are not helpful.

Tsk!Tsk!Tsk!

brazen wrote
on Dec 21, 2014 2:25 AM

I just wanted  the wolf stitch - just the stitch - but would happily download the whole sweater pattern to get it. So I logged in here, located the link, went to Ravelry (no problem, I am a member) - then took the link to Rowan. I don't have a membership there and don't want one just to get a stitch pattern.

weblady2 wrote
on Dec 21, 2014 6:27 PM

Where is the rickrackn pullover  pattern that the show 1307  said was on this site? What a pain to find stuff!

cgammon wrote
on Jan 4, 2015 5:18 PM

Same question, where are the instructions for the wolf slip stitch?

on Jan 23, 2015 11:35 PM

I, too, wanted to get the stitch pattern that Josh Bennett demonstrated, but apparently there is nothing beyond the awful facade that KD TV has become. I had given up watching it, I just watch Eunny reruns, but I wanted that wolf stitch and I looked for this episode.   It got so I would just fast forward through this show that has the unwatchable Space to Space, unbearable Tanis Gray (sorry) and superficial knitting information.  Why can't we have a real show?  Clara Parkes is SO intelligent and informative!  What happened??   Vickie is personable, but it seems that the producers have screwed this show up.  It's so very disappointing.

kmhowe wrote
on Feb 25, 2015 3:26 PM

I just viewed this show today, Feb. 25, 2015 and love the Wolf Stitch.  After a failed attempt to find the show through the Knit Daily web site I did a web search for Knit Wolf Stitch which linked me to this episode, where I was able to link to Ravelry for this pattern. I was then linked to the pattern for the sweater on knit rowan. This pattern, however, doesn't include just the stitch pattern. You will have to pull it out of the sweater pattern. Hope this helps all you who are searching for the pattern.

Debdilor wrote
on Mar 5, 2015 6:17 AM

What yarn was used for the she-wolf sweater?  I was able to download the pattern, but I'm not sure what he meant for the type of yarn.

Copyright © 2015 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.