Episode 1309 - Woven Look

Jul 21, 2014

This episode of Telly award-winning Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is about giving a woven look to your fabric. Explore techniques for join-as-you-go knitting, entrelac, and more.

Vickie is wearing the Better Than His Sweater by Amy Gunderson, featured in Interweave Crochet, Fall 2013.

Watch a Preview

How-To:

In the first segment, host Vickie Howell works with Gwen Bortner on creating the building blocks of entrelac knitting. Create a basketweave texture that’s easier to knit than it looks.

Download the pattern for Gwen Bortner’s Java Sleeve.

Sponsored by XRX.

Space to Space:

Travel to India with online crochet instructor Priya Shashank. She and Vickie discuss the contemporary knitting and crochet scene in India.

How-To:

Designer Lily Chin shows us her own join-as-you-go knitting technique to create a decorative pillow inspired by woven fabric. Her technique gives you the look of intarsia without using yarn bobbins, and also avoids bulk and seaming.

Download the pattern for Lily Chin's Color Block Pillow.

Sponsored by Interweave.

Tools of the Trade:

Tanis Gray showcases products to help you make the most of your knitting and crochet time:

BagSmith Big Stitch Merino Yarn Bumps

Wool Tree from Wool Tree Mill

Leather and Brass Stitch Markers Set from Fringe Supply Co.

Knitting Board from Authentic Knitting Board

Loose Ends:

Vickie Howell wraps up this episode with a technique for creating a woven fabric with an easy triangle scarf pattern.

Download the pattern for a Lace Triangle Scarf.

Sponsored by Yarnspirations.

Get the entire Series 1300 of Knitting Daily TV at Interweavestore.com

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, and beyond. The show introduces viewers to designers, authors and teachers and guides in learning new techniques using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Comments

clbower wrote
on Sep 20, 2014 10:26 PM

There seems to be some confusion.  This episode's Loose Ends was actually the Woven-Look Scarf and not the Lace Triangle Scarf listed here.  Where can we find the Woven-Look Scarf pattern?

rooscar wrote
on Sep 22, 2014 10:31 AM

I noticed that also clbower and am looking for the Woven-Look Scarf also.

merryknitter wrote
on Sep 24, 2014 10:31 AM

I also would like the correct pattern! Thank You! I suppose you could use any Double Crochet Scarf for this technique!

Merry 💜

on Nov 6, 2014 2:10 PM

I have been searching and searching for the crochet mesh net scarf that Vicky wove either ribbons or long strands of bulky yarn. This was the closing tip on Episode 1309. I would appreciate it if you could please email me where I might find the patter. I love watching Knitting daily with Vicky Howell. Thank you for your helping me.

Nancy

Email: mnshanno@sbcglobal.net

svats wrote
on Nov 8, 2014 10:08 PM

I would also like to see the pattern for the Woven mesh scarf which Vickie Howell showed us in the end of episode 1309. Please fix the link above. It's not fair to the viewers.

Many Thanks!

svats wrote
on Nov 8, 2014 10:08 PM

Many Thanks!

kgknitter wrote
on Nov 10, 2014 2:32 PM

I too am looking for the Woven Look Scarf pattern.    Please please post it for all of us!!!!

Val Crowe wrote
on Nov 23, 2014 9:09 AM

Still no woven-look scarf pattern?

Val Crowe wrote
on Nov 23, 2014 9:09 AM

Still no woven-look scarf pattern?

Joanne Kiley wrote
on Feb 11, 2015 1:32 PM

I would really like to get the pattern for Lily Chin's sweater that she wore during this show.  It was gorgeous.  Does anyone know where to get it?

Joanne Kiley wrote
on Feb 11, 2015 1:33 PM

dee@195 wrote
on Mar 5, 2015 9:50 AM

In the portion with Gwen, there were mittens - soooo cute.  How can I get that pattern?

Copyright © 2015 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.