Episode 1313 - Crochet Day!

Jul 21, 2014

This episode of Telly award-winning Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is all about crochet! Since knitting and crochet have different looks and purposes, it’s great to know how to do both.

Vickie is wearing the Rudens Crocheted Scarf by Linda Skuja, featured in Interweave Crochet, Fall 2013.

For all the products and patterns featured on this season of Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell, visit our Pinterest boards.

Watch a Preview

How-To:

Robyn Chachula creates a plaid-inspired crochet scarf and demonstrates how to add color and texture to the piece.

Download the pattern for Robyn Chachula’s Beardsen Plaid Scarf.

Sponsored by Interweave Books.

Space to Space:

Meet the Double Stitch Twins, Monika and Erika Simmons, who chat with Vickie about their fashion forward crochet designs.

How-To:

Gayle Bunn is back to show us how to make a quick crocheted baby hat, using reverse single crochet and a pompom.

Sponsored by Yarnspirations.

Tools of the Trade:

Tanis shows us some products that are sure to get you hooked on crochet.

Caron United Yarn

Crochet Hooks from Knitter's Pride

Yarn Dots from PolarKnit

Lotion Bar from Milk + Honey

Wood Yarn Bowl from Twisted Timber on Etsy

Get the entire Series 1300 of Knitting Daily TV at Interweavestore.com

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, and beyond. The show introduces viewers to designers, authors and teachers and guides in learning new techniques using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Comments

on Jul 30, 2014 10:51 AM

I've been trying to find Knitting Daily TV with Vickie Howell for some time without success.

I live in New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168 and the only Knitting Daily Show I can access are old ones with Eunny Jang.

Can you help me to get access to the new shows - which PBS channel on what day?

Nicky O'Connor

kmcla67-shop wrote
on Sep 4, 2014 11:01 PM

Don't have knitting daily in northern ohio at all, very disappointed and have asked for two season local pbs..nothing.

Very disappointed to have to buy patterns and some patterns last season and this say pattern is coming but it still isn't there.

glenihan wrote
on Oct 14, 2014 1:16 PM

Where can I find the pattern for the baby hat featured in this episode?

glenihan wrote
on Oct 14, 2014 1:16 PM

Where can I find the pattern for the baby hat featured in this episode?

MarjorieR@5 wrote
on Oct 17, 2014 1:39 PM

Also looking for the baby hat pattern featured on this episode?????

MarjorieR@5 wrote
on Oct 17, 2014 1:39 PM

Also looking for the baby hat pattern featured on this episode?????

on Oct 19, 2014 10:55 AM

How do I get this free hat pattern that was on this show. I have been so frustrated trying to find it. Anyone, can you help with this problem.

SusieP53 wrote
on Oct 25, 2014 12:22 PM

I am also looking for the baby hat pattern. It is adorable!

MCWoodey wrote
on Oct 25, 2014 12:31 PM

Cannot find the free crocheted baby hat instructions from this episode.  On the show it was advertised as being on the website.  Where?

LindaM@8 wrote
on Oct 29, 2014 11:29 AM

I, too, would like the crocheted hat pattern.  I've looked on Yarnspirations and by her name (Gayle Bunn) on the internet.  I even went to Ravelry.  Please let us know how to obtain this pattern.

l

By the way, I love having Vicki do this show.  She has some interesting information to share with us!

DeckLiza wrote
on Oct 29, 2014 10:48 PM

Where is the pattern for the baby hat?

on Oct 30, 2014 12:16 PM

Would also like the directions for the baby hat by Gayle Bunn.

on Oct 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Would also like the directions for the baby hat by Gayle Bunn.

on Nov 1, 2014 8:55 PM

enjoy your show: but I would like the pattern for the baby hat that was shown on #1313  the crochet hat  is what I am interested in finding. thank you.

Vicky@6 wrote
on Nov 4, 2014 7:41 AM

Where can I find the pattern for the baby hat featured in this episode?

Tebby1972 wrote
on Nov 4, 2014 9:23 AM

I'm also looking for the crochet baby hat pattern from episode 1313.  Vicki mentioned the pattern was on the web site but I cannot locate it.  Would love to make the hat for my 3 grandkids.

I love the show and I'm a new user to this site.

rhsmith1952 wrote
on Nov 7, 2014 9:06 AM

Also looking for the baby hat in this episode.  Is frustrating when no one monitors questions asked and responds.

2bPortia wrote
on Nov 8, 2014 11:45 AM

I, too, am looking for the baby hat pattern. It is not on the site nor on the pinterest board. No forum monitor is responding to our questions. I suggest everyone contact their local station regarding Knitting Daily's promise of a pattern and then pulling a switch and bait. I for one, will no longer watch this show.

CookieB wrote
on Nov 15, 2014 6:09 PM

Oh My... Don't stop watching channel or show LOL. I saw it today and I wanted the hook size.  I too couldn't find the pattern  either BUT the show advised

... Start a chain ring and put in 6 sc

Row 2 and throughout until you reach the size/circumference you want or Will Fit the person ... Evenly add 6 sc on each row.

Example... My 2 yr old granddaughter would be as follows Approximately:

Row 1 is 6 sc

Row 2 add 6 sc to total 12 sc

Row 3 add 6 sc evenly spaced to total 18 sc

Row 4 add 6 sc evenly spaced to total 24 sc ...

Get my pattern? I usually go about 10-12 rows and end up with about 40 stitches.

Then I crochet in rows until I have my preferred length of hat.  Reverse sc is mostly on YouTube also. I'm Not Affliated with the show but hoped to help. have a Great Turkey Day Everyone...

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.