Episode 201: Wraps and Scarves

Jan 11, 2009

Wraps and scarves are open canvases for showcasing different stitch techniques and silhouettes, and provide an easy-fit for all body types.
Sponsors: Yarnmarket.com, Blue Sky Alpacas, Trendsetter Yarns, Prism Arts, Inc., WEBS, and Interweave

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Getting Started: Jan Gratz of YarnMarket.com and Liz present ideas for converting your favorite scarf pattern into a shawl or wrap.
Sponsored by Yarmarket.com

201

Designer Spotlight: Shay is on location with Kristin Omdahl demonstrating her Stella Wrap, crocheted lace wrap made in-the-round, from the book Wrapped in Crochet.
Sponsored by Blue Sky Alpacas

download Download Stella Wrap

201
Author and designer Kristin Omdahl poses in the Blue Sky Alpacas booth with owner Linda

How-To: Barry Klein and Laura Bryant are with Eunny to present patterns for scarves with reversible fabric and non-curling edges.
Sponsored by Trendsetter Yarns and Prism Arts, Inc.,

downloadDownload Self Fringed Scarf

downloadDownload Basic Diagonal Scarf

downloadDownload Open Work Scarf

downloadDownload Striped Slique

downloadDownload Drop Stitch Wrap

201

You Asked It: Kathy Elkins answers a viewer’s question on how to block large projects, such as a heirloom lace shawl.
Sponsored by WEBS, America’s Yarn Store.

download Download Firmaments Lace Shawl

201

You Made It: Kim shows off various renditions of her crocheted Float Away scarf and modifications of Eunny’s knitted Spectrum Scarf.
Sponsored by Interweave

download Download Float Away Scarf

download Download Spectrum Scarf

201

201

Comments

BarbaraF wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
You're doing great! Keep up the good work!
Kimberly wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
KDTV Maggie's Wrap....where are the pattern instructions for this beautiful crochet piece? Thank you very much! Kimberly kake2000_ca@yahoo.ca
Marsha@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I am gnk_intl@earthlink.net, Marsha. After seeing the float away shawl on your show I registered and tried to down load the pattern but way told I was not registered or was blocked out. Help!
Reita Fisher wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I saw and offer for 5 free socks to download and I lost them when I tried to download them and cannot find the offer now. Please help me. I am not computer savy as you can tell. Reita Reifsh@aol.com
Betty R wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Where's the pattern for the shawl or wrap shown? The gold/tan? and black and white. The pattern for printing does not look the same. Help is needed here, I'm new at this and just not sure. Thanks
Dot@3 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Yes, I also would like to have the pattern for the circular crocheted shawl!
AnnS@9 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
how can I get the pattern for the tan wrap, I think it was described as a "mobius" wrap shown next to the black and white wrap? Even if it is not free, I'd like to get it, thanks
JudithP@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Where is the pattern for the crocheted hat with a bill and flower on the side? The gentlemen demonstrated making the ribbing and the bill, but I can't find the pattern. Thanks.
faye@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
i want pattern of scarf make L with no seams program tv on feb 9th today faye carpenter email me hofa4808@carolina.rr.com
blue2009 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
only caught the end of the show on sunday for the first time and was delighted to see it and cant wait for more . seen a beautiful multi colour pink shawl with fringing and want to know were can i get the patten please .dublinnavyblue@yahoo.co.uk love the show and the site .thanks blue
Freda Andem wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I would like to have the pattern to the beret knit in the round with the 4 leaves, as seen today 2/10/09 9:30 AM
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Thanks for this great website. I hope to see your TV show in my city soon, it's not airing here yet. MJ Madison, WI
Bonita777 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Love this website, and love the knitting shows on television. I even DVR them to watch them again and again. I miss Needle Arts Studio with Shay, but love Knitting Daily as much. Wish they were both on television still. You even have my 9 year old taking up crocheting, just from her watching with me.
SylviaM wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Would also like to have the pattern to the beret knit in the round with the 4 leaves. Thanks, SM
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I watched the show today (March 1, 2009) and loved it. Came right to the computer and registered. I wanted to get the instructions for the purse with the Japanese Geishas, but decided that show , 301, was not online yet. Is that correct? Please let me know where I can get the pattern. Also where can I learn more about quilting art? I was blown away with it. I live in the bay area of California and wonder where I can get your schedule of TV shows? Really love your show!!! Thank you so much! Jeanette Conens jenjco@sbcglobal.net P.S. I would also like a pattern of the round beret with the round leaves as it sounds great.
jmagyar wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I haven't been able to complete the download of the Self-fringed Scarf, the Basic Diagonal Scarf, the Open Work Scarf, the Striped Slique, or the Drop St. Wrap. The download begins and runs, Adobe Acrobat opens, then I get a message saying "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." I have tried two browers, Internet and Explorer and Mozilla FireFox, and neither worked which tells me the problem is at your end. I hope your webmeisters can fix the problem, because I really like these scarves. And your show. Thanks. JM You may use my initials but not my e-mail address. Thanks.
BJE wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I get the same error msg when downloading the patterns. But when I click on it, the file opens ok.
JOM@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I can't locate the NEEDLE ARTS STUDIO ecition 1405 shown on KVIE-2 Thursday March 5. I had seen it before and am especially interested in the: PHOTO WITH EMBRODERY KNITTED SHAWELS WITH SUSAN MORACA PLEASE HELP THANKS JO
pame wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
ahhh my battery is about to die.. I live in Blue Island Illinois and am new to knitting and would like to know how I can get the show to air for me and when. I have Crohns Disease and am sick alot and do alot of knitting recently well just learning but learning repeated stuff, anyway I saw it on tv one day but it was ending and I cried yes ladies I cried, I dont have much around me in my life in the sense of support and I find knitting to be like a babys blanket to me when I am ill. Please air this knitting show for me some where, I would be ever so greatful.Pamela  Blue Island Illinois Thank you....
Dawn@3 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I am not crazy about knitting but I do LOVE to crochete! Thank you for not leaving this craft out of your program! Maybe some day I will get back to knitting (learned when I was 5 yrs old but like the crochete that I learned in my 30's.
sharon@7 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I watched show 103 on Saturday March 28. I visited the site for the hat pattern. No Show 103.
LindaB@10 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
The Stella Wrap is gorgeous, can't wait to start. Now to decide which alpacas fiber to use. Linda
Lorraine@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I love Shawls so looking forward to making the Stella Wrap it looks just wonderful. Congrats on the lovely garments you choose. LORRAINE
JoM wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Thanks so much for the Stella Wrap. I can't wait to make it for either one, or both, of my grown daughters. It is dramatic enough to suit both their tastes! Jodie
GlendaD wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Thanks for the information. But where is the free pattern for the black shawl? Glenda
LillyB wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Where is the pattern for the stella shawl?
JaneS@5 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Is there a pattern for the beautiful top the designer Kristin Omdahl is wearing in the photo?
Carol Senica wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I second JaneS's inquiry about the pattern for the top that Kristin Omdahl is wearing in the photo. It's spectacular!! Where can we find this pattern?? CarolS
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Watch the show fairly regularly since you do remember those of us who crochet. I read patterns well but have no luck desigining them so now I need HELP. I'm looking for a girls' , size 6/6x crochet dress pattern. I had one years ago but have lost it. It' s a simple scoop neck, sleevless, A-line dress. If anyone can help me THANKS. You can e-mail me at sharolbjohnston@yahoo.com
Bettye wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I attempted to download the Basic Diagonal Knit Scarf and all of the patterns in this section give and error message and say they can't be repaired. Any help wil be appreciated. Bettye P.
BettyV wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
Watched the episode 201 and am interested in the pinwheel star design. I cannot find it listed any where. I believe it was crocheted. Love your show as I knit and crochet. Its a winner Betty V
Fun4me wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
I am a new knitter and just learned for the first time to do the yarn over knit two together pattern. Thank you! The basic knitting instructions are great. I've tried all the scarf patterns and they are easy to do. Love the show - From a new watcher.
Judee wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
You can download the Maggie Wrap at: http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/kdtv_series_100/archive/2008/07/01/KDTV0111.aspx
on Jan 11, 2009 6:00 PM
For Kristin Omdahl--the show featuring your beautiful "Stella" showed in my area today, and I was quite taken with the overall style and grace of your design. I've been crocheting since I was about 8...over 40 years now!!--and my first thought upon seeing "her" was how absolutely breathtaking my best friend would look wearing "her"! Perhaps that should be her Christmas present this coming year...! Thanks so much for so generously sharing such a magnificent design.
Billie@11 wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 9:58 AM

I also attempted to download the BASIC DIAGONAL KNIT SCARF.

RECEIVED MESSAGE:  POST NOT FOUND AND NO LONGER EXISTS.

Made this pattern years ago, lost directions and very eager to do this Diagonal Scarf.  LOVE IT,  WANT IT ---How can I get it.  Help Billie

Billie@11 wrote
on Jul 10, 2009 8:26 PM

but it was the  BASIC DIAGANOL KNIT SCARF   that said:

Post Not Found

The post you requested cannot be found or no longer exists. The   administrator or moderator may have deleted the post.

PLEASE

SEND ME THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE DIAGANOL KNIT SCARF.  Thanks,  Billie

on Jul 11, 2009 2:25 AM

I also cannot download the Basic Diagonal Scarf pattern - it says it is not found. Could you help me get a copy of this pattern? I have been trying to figure it out from what I remember was said on the show, but have been unsuccessful so far!

Judee wrote
on Jul 13, 2009 12:39 PM

I've reported the broken link to the  Basic Diagonal Scarf to the web team.

on Nov 23, 2009 4:06 AM

i'm unable to download or bring up pattern to enable me to print it. ?help anyone???.slakaffenito@yahoo.com

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.