Episode 202: Knit Tricks and Fixes

Jan 11, 2009

Perfect your knitting and learn how to repair your most common knitting mistakes! Tackle quick knit tricks and fixes that can solve even the toughest knitting problem.
Sponsored by: Yarnmarket.com, Harrisville Designs, Fiesta Yarns, and Interweave

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Getting Started: Jan Gratz joins Kim to demonstrate two quick knitting fixes: unknitting and picking up dropped stitches.
Sponsored by YarnMarket.com

Designer Spotlight: Author Vivian Høxbro joins Eunny to show off some domino knitting for lazy knitters.
Sponsored by Harrisville Yarns

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gifDownload Joining Squares

202

How-To: Eunny demonstrates more knit fixes, for example colorwork that has gone bad, as well as how to avoid making those knitterly mistakes in the first place.
Sponsored by Fiesta Yarns

202
202
You Asked It: Jan Gratz is back with Shay to demonstrate how to fix an incorrectly crossed knitted cable.
Sponsored by YarnMarket.com
202

You Made It: Liz Gipson’s got a trick up her sleeve! She knows off the many versions of Pam Allen’s Knitting Needle Knitting Bag pattern from Bag Style, and the variations others have made of this fun pattern.
Sponsored by Interweave

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download Knitting Needle Knitting Bag

202
202

Comments

cottoneyedjo wrote
thanks!
CeCe E wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
Saturday, Jan 24, was the first KNITTING DAILY broadcast for Houston PBS. When I first heard about the show, I was so disappointed because it was not available here in Houston TX. Now that it is, I am ecstatic!!!! I taught myself how to knit summer 2006 with my Dad's encouragement all the way. I am continuing to learn and want everything I do to be a "Thank you" to him. He passed away Mar 2007 at age of 93. He believed that no matter what your age you are never too old to learn something new! Thank you for a wonderful show!
Jio wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
I live in Canada and I can't seem to find this program. Can anyone tell me if this program is available in Canada. I live in Ontario and have Rogers Cable. Thanks. Jio.
Bette@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
Where do I find the needle with the crochet type hook on the end. It was used on Feb 10th to mark work so you didn't have to rip everything out and it was used to sew pieces together. Thank you, Bette
ArleneW wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
you sent an email that i could get a free pattern for a v neck sweater. went on site and could not get pattern arlene watson
RoseH wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
i live in michigan an cant seem to get this program.can anyone tell me i also have direct tv thanks rose
gmosha wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
Oh please please help me!!!!!! I am looking for the channel KVCR in my cable listings for a while and couldnot find it. I have the whloe package from Time Warner Cable . I am in Brea and looked for every suggested channel. I want to watch your on air programm. I am a very new commer in knitting and I also like crocheting. so if you can help me.I will be very thankful.
ClaraC wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
I am looking for episode 200 that was show today on tv at 12.30 I woul d love to downlood the pattern for the kids knitting works.Can you help please? I watched your progtram faithfully and love it. Clara Downers Grove
Lovena wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
I am brand new at knitting. How do I get started. I want to learn knitting with two knitting needles. I have two knitting needles and a ball of yarn. What should I make? Please help! Lost, need directions!
Judy Olson wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
If your a brand new knitter, wind the yarn once around your finger on your left hand, if your a right hander. Slip the yarn from your finger, 1st finger, onto your needle. Just keep doing that until you get the stitches you need on needle. Than slip the needle to the front and wind around the yarn and slip off the needle. Maybe you can find the way to knit on Lion brand. com. Think they have beginner directions to. And maybe Knitting Daily does to. Check out knitting Daily 1st. If they don't have it, than Lion Brand will for sure. Making a scarf is very easy, so maybe start with a scarf. Practice, practice. Knitting is very easy, once you learn how to put the yarn on the needles. Judy Olson-Mn.
Judy Olson wrote
I love Knitting Daily. On 11:30 a. m. in our area, on Sundays. Judy olson
CarolynG wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
When showing some of the techniques, it would be easier to learn if the camera was over the knitter's shoulder so we were seeing them in the correct orientation instead of backwards. I am fascinated by the variety of themes and skills on the show. Thanks
Pwill54 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
I turned the program on after it had started and was impressed with Jan Cratz's demo showing how to unravel back to a certain row in a cable and correct it. The demo was very easy to follow and understand what she was showing. Thank you for this. I loved the knitted knitting bag...that's next on my to make list! Pwill54
Linda@12 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
We finally have your program!! I think your show is so well put together, you get right to the point of interest and not nonsence in between. I have returned to knitting after many years and found all these new helpfull changes in knitting and crocheting. I am with a group of Ladies Knitting & crocheting for charity. Every time I see a change or helpfull hint in knitting, I am pleased to pass it along. I do have a question... I noticed that some ladies do a knit stitch from the front left up into the loop towards the right at the beginning of the row and then change over from the right front towards the left back. I am self taught as a child and I do knit yarn in left hand and I always knit from right front into the stitch towards the back loop. I know when I knit in the round I have a twisted stitch because I'm not doing a purl row. Why would you work in both direction on a knit row? Thank you! Linda
on Jan 11, 2009 5:58 PM
I love the pattern for the Knitting Needle Knitting Bag, but I really need some help. I am folowing the pattern but I think there is too much decreasing in the pattern.If you p3tog on every row at the end of 5 rows I have only 27 sts. on my needle.at the end of 9 ins. of knitting I should 42 sts. I really have my heart set on making this bag.I am really excited about your program and your web site.I have been knitting for many years. Please e-mail me soon I will check for your reply everyday. Please help me! Thank You very much
IngridO wrote
on Jun 23, 2009 12:36 AM

hello! i am so in love with needle knitting bag! i want to make 1 for my self thank you for this very creative design!

locoone wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 2:03 PM

Without brain person can be latent near 8 sec and without such good article - just a couple of seconds, as well as as without <a href="www.shoppharmacycounter.com/.../a> - as for me

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.