Episode 203: Crazy for Colorwork

Jan 11, 2009

Explore the world of color! From simple repeating stripes to Fair Isle and intarsia, knitting is more vibrant with two or more colors.
Sponsored by: WEBS, YarnMarket.com, Signature Needles, Blue Sky Alpacas, and Fiesta Yarns

Purchase this episode on DVD!

View our  Bonus Video on Colorwork!:

Getting Started: Kathy Elkins joins Liz, introducing us to the three most common ways to knit with color.
Sponsored by WEBS

colorwork

Designer Spotlight: Kristin Nicholas, a well-known knitwear designer known for her great use of color, demonstrates the easy duplicate stitch technique that adds a punch of color to any design.
Sponsored by YarnMarket.com

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gifDownload Duplicate Stitch

202

How-To: Shay visits with designer Annie Modesitt, who shows viewers how to make a pair of cute fingerless mitts that are also a built-in lesson on knitting with color: stripes, corrugated ribbing, and stranded diagonal knitting.
Sponsored by Signature Needles

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download Simple Colorwork Mitts

202
You Asked It: Eunny answers a question on how to manage your yarns when knitting Fair Isle or intarsia.
Sponsored by Blue Sky Alpacas
202

You Made It: Eunny checks out the many knitted versions of Laura Rintala’s White Witch Mitts and Winter Twilight Mitts that the knitting community has come up with.

Sponsored by Fiesta Yarns
/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download White Witch Mitts
/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download Winter Twilight Mitts

202

colorwork

Comments

Jo-AnnB wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:56 PM
Eunny's video on colorwork was great, but I'd like to have seen the correct ways to "twist" the colours in intarsia. Which colour on top?....when to twist, when not to.....something about "leftie-leavie"....?
Phillis wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:56 PM
I've always wanted to learn how to knitt mitts. Thanks for the step by step.
Kimberly@4 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:56 PM
This show is not for begginers, Please add some items for begginers, like how to read instruction, or use three needles thanks Kim
Maschel23 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:56 PM
I really got love to start fair isle mitts after watching Eunny's video, that's helpful. By the way, does anyone know about a fair isle cardigan (or jacket) that is displayed next to Eunny? I am wondering if I could get the pattern...thank you:)
WillowWood wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:56 PM
Eunny's video was very helpful but not sure I'm ready to take this on yet! jacki
LesaM wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:56 PM
Needle size??? I downloaded the Simple Colorwork Mitts and see that it can be worked in either chunky or worsted weight.........but I do NOT see any indication of the size needles to use.
Janet Davis wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:56 PM
I agree with LesaM about the needle size. I've knitted afghans in the past but I always knew what needle size to use. Even with my past experience I find the directions a little confusing. Janet
Liz@113 wrote
on Jul 3, 2009 8:31 AM

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee put your show on in Maine, we need you, we want you, we have to have you. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It was on for a short period of time then it disappeared, we have time warner cable, please come to Maine we are a very nice state, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jean@12 wrote
on Jul 25, 2009 4:18 PM

Would love to have the pattern for the Fair Isle purse shown at the beginning of the show that says "Pixie" on top - anyonw know where to get it?

denyan wrote
on Oct 10, 2009 4:07 PM

I LOVED the "Winter Twilight Mits as shown on episode 203. I tried multiple times to download the pattern but the other mit pattern featured that episode is the only pattern that shows up. I want the Winter Twilight ones. When may we expect that pattern to be posted?

on Oct 10, 2009 7:39 PM

looking for pattern for winter twilight mitts.  When can we can that one?

Verconia wrote
on May 2, 2011 8:39 PM

I just saw this episode this morning on PBS2   The lady name Vivian Bar ?

I saw   How can I contact her     elesegraywolf@verizon.net   thank you

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.