Episode 204: Get Geometric

Jan 11, 2009

See how geometric designs give gorgeous results! Any given shape can add character to a knit, whether in the pattern of a sweater, the motif of an afghan, or the structure of an accessory.
Sponsored by: Signature Needles, Berroco, Tahki Stacy Charles, WEBS, and TNNA.

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Getting Started: Cathryn Bothe from Signature Needles visits with Kim and introduces the essentials for swatching and getting gauge by changing your needle size.
Sponsored by: Signature Needles
204

Designer Spotlight: Knitwear designer Norah Gaughan talks about how she’s inspired by geometric shapes in nature and demonstrates how to knit her dodecahedron star knitted toy.
Sponsored by Berroco

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gifDownload Celestine

204

How-To: Eunny presents a simple V-Neck Pullover that uses a triangles for an understated style element.
Sponsored by Tahki Stacy Charles

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gifDownload V-Neck Pullover

204
204
You Asked It: Kathy Elkins from Webs, America’s Yarn Store, tackles the topic of joining afghan squares and other crochet motifs as you go.
Sponsored by WEBS
204
Shay Pendray’s Inish sweater is from Cheryl Oberle’s book Knitted Jackets (Interweave, 2008)

Spotlight: Liz visits with teenagers involved in the Helping Hands Foundation, a foundation dedicated to continuing the needle arts in new generations, about their experiences learning to stitch from their family members.
Sponsored by TNNA

204

Comments

Loveti wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I wish you had another format for down load other than pdf. I can do view your website with it.
kalsplice wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I am trying to find the pattern for the purple sweater that Norah Gaughan has on display in this episode.
Elizabeth wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Norah Gaughan designs for Berrocco. Look on their website. Maybe the pattern is there.
Betty R wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I have searched for the purple sweater pattern, no luck. Has anyone else found it?
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Eunny, thanks for the demo on left hand knitting. I'm working on sweater and by the time I've finished, I hope to have conquered holding the yarn in my first left finger. Always knitting daily, Elaine steamboat springs
Betty R wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
RE: Episode 204, I found the pattern for the purple sweater. Interweave Store, Tilted Duster #EP0012 When I received todays email, I was looking at the patterns and there it was. It was under Cardigans and Jackets
SandyKS wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
The "Twisted-V Pullover" segment prompted me to join knittingdailytv on-line. I enjoy the show, and am already a subscriber to Interweave's knitting magazine. Also, I'm a big fan of Ann Budd's books & will now look for "Simple Style" from Interweave. Thanks for the great show--I hope PBS continues airing "Knitting Daily". SandyKS from Arvada, Colorado
smitty wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
This show was so good that even my 26 year old son sat down and watched and we both were thrilled and amazed at the star and other wonderful things people can come up with, very cool. I am still goning to have to sell my needles can't afford the yarn anymore. smitty
KathyK@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
where is the purple sweater,that we can download.I can't find it.
CarolP@3 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I'm very disappointed that I cn not get the knitting daily show here in the tampa area. I have requested it many times but still on show!
AlisonM wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
@KathyK, there's a link just above the comments section that says "attachment: TwistedV.pdf". Click on that to get your download ;-)
Tillie Cobb wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Thank you very much for the twisted trendy jumper by Alice Halbeisen. I am planning to knit this for our winter in Australia. T.C.
Shelbi wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
The purple sweater, called "Tilted Duster" can be found at the knittingdaily on line store. Copy and paste the link to get to it http://shop.interweave.com/Tilted-Duster-P198C27.aspx If that doesn't work, then just go to shop.interweave. com and type in titled duster in the search box. You can download it as a PDF after you pay for it.
Maddie@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Your free Twisted-V Pullover comes through garbled on the last page. mlnavarro@comcast.net
CyndiF wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I'm with the lady above I can't seem to download the pattern for the sweater I have this problem all the time with your website. Maybe me but maybe not!
Carol@10 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
CarolB said: My PDF version is perfect. I have no problems. Perhaps you ladies with problems need to download a PDF update.
Jay wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Ladies, there is a free Open Source Program called Open Office. You may use it with Firefox by downloading it from Mozilla.com. When you have a PDF to save simply save it in Open Office as an HTML doc. You will be very happy as pics and text as well as charts will be found there. There are many free programs you may use, check it out! This pattern is beautiful! As I can not get the TV show in my area of Florida either, I am glad to be on the email list and watch the show online! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
LindaV@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
The "Tilted Duster" can also be found in the IK FEB 2007 issue. I believe it is pictured on the cover.
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I heard (through the grapevine) that we are finally going to get KittingDaily on our public service channel! Yea! Can't wait
MarionT wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I would love knitting daily TV show to come to Rochester. I contaced WXXI which is our public TV station and they said that they already had a knitting show "Knit & Chrochet" It is good but not the quality of Knitting Daily. Do you have any idea when it may come to Rochester, NY or even Buffalo, NY. Thank you, Marion
knitknerd wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
What size of the TwistedV pullover is the model in the pattern photos wearing?
betennat wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I am SO grateful that you include a road range of sizes! I am petite and usually I need to modify patterns (which, if complex, can take a lot of figuring!) so this is a wonderful bonus with your patterns.
LeisaB wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Thank you for a very pretty yet comfortable sweater! I cannot wait to begin! Anyone still having trouble that has Vista and Firefox as I do, simply click to download and save. This will place the pattern in your downloads file. From there you can save it to your Knitting Daily Patterns Folder in your documents. Thanks Again Knitting Daily!
Elaine cJ wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Looks like a great garment to wear!
SandraS wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I just joined while DLing the Twisted V sweater, and I have a copy of the pattern in Word. doc format if any of you want a copy and can't download using Adobe pdf. Email me if you'd like me to send you the doc. and put Twisted V Pattern in the subject line. I can't wait to try this! Sandra Ravelry.com ID: manyhorsesmane
DebbieW wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I'm in South Jersey and don't get Knitting Daily either. We have very limited shows on knitting, would also be nice to have crochet, and they are on at weird hours. We now have a DVR but so far it has only recorded two shows in several weeks. I mean how many times can you watch them over and over and over again. Help us to get more shows. Thanks. : )
HelenZ wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I LOVE the sweater Eunny is wearing in the first photos. Actually it's more of a shrug. Any chance of a pattern? hint hint! helen in NJ
quiltist5 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I would just LOVE to do socks with theyarn that makes a pattern as you knit. It is sooo expensive though. I see it in Mary Maxim cat. but the price and then add on $7 or $8 ship. & hand., it is cost prohibitive. Is there any place in the Chicago area that sells these yarns so I could save the s & h costs? It usually works out to over $10 a pair if I were to order it by mail. Thank you for any assistance quiltist5@earthlink.net
PaulaS@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I would love to see the pattern for the "simple V-Neck Pullover that uses a triangles for an understated style element. Sponsored by Tahki Stacy Charles" in the photo above the twisted V sweater! Is that pattern available anywhere? Paula in NJ
Eileen wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I was unable to download the V-Neck Pullover and am quite disappointed. Is there another way of offering the PDF format? Apparently Internet Explorer doesn't work on my system. I have Firefox and that didn't work either. Can I get the pattern mailed to me? Help!
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
i cannot download the free twisted st pattern ?
can you mail it to me? 337 beach ave Hull ma 02045
Eileen wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Tried to download the v-Nck Pullover in PDF format on Firefox and got this Error Message: C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\TwistedV.pdf could not be opened, because an unknown error occurred. Try saving to disk first and then opening the file.
Betty BJ wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Wonderful demonstration on twisted rib stitches. Very clear - verbally and visually. I often twist stitches for fun looks, and am really pleased to see that the designer of this sweater used twisted stitches for a beautifully classic (timeless) sweater. I am a big fan of Ann Budd - her books are inspiring and easy to follow. Thank you again Knitting Daily (Sandi & Eunny) ! Betty BJ
BeverlyS@3 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
We don't get any craft shows here in Las Vegas. I guess gambling is more important. Can you see if a cable network could carry Knitting Daily for those of us who can't get it? I really don't want to pay such a high price for something I haven't seen before.
JoanneB@3 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I am in southwestern Ontario and do not get to see this show but I look forward to seeing captions on the net.Your show is very informative and I have learned some new techniques that I will be applying to my projects.Keep up the great work.(sigh) I sure wish I could get to see the full show.I am in awe at how quickly Eunny can knit and am making a feeble attempt in trying her method.
maggie@4 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
MAGGIE said: I would also love the directions for the beautiful shrug that Eunny is wearing. If anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know.
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Love the Twisted V. I would also like to give my thanks to Eunny for the left-handed knitting demonstration; will be trying it out later today in my knitting-hour to see if I can improve my speed!
NancyH@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
If you could use all light colored yarns in your demonstrations it would be easier to see them clearly.
NancyH@2 wrote
Lee@4 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I love your shows and your demos a very wonderful. The only problem I am having (sorry to say) is that when they are showing the stitches of the product Shay is interrupting them and then to me it gets confusing and I kind of get lost.
k9yarns.com wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
Link to Interweave store where you can purchase the purple Tilted Duster pattern online: http://shop.knittingdaily.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=Tilted%20Duster%20#EP0012
Joy@6 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
I like the purple duster, but it is the mauve sweater to the left of that one that has my fingers itching to make it. Does anyone know the name of that pattern and where I can find it? I love this show! Saw my first episode just last week and was instantly hooked.
snuglabyshy wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
what pattern is the verigated sweater in the picture with the purple sweater. i would love to make it but am not sure what it is called . please help kris
Pam@12 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 4:52 PM
is there a pattern for the different colored crochet squares? It was on program 206
Judy Olson wrote
on Jul 12, 2009 10:07 AM

I'm very happy that i now have on my pc, knitting daily tv. I really like the show. I would l like to have a show on a knitted cardigan, regular knitted cardigan. Right now i'm finishing up a, tailored with a twist cardigan. It's taking me way to long to knit up. I just want to make a garder stitch cardigan, which would be alot faster. My mom taught me how to knit when i was about 7-60's now. My grandmom Odessa taught me how to crochet & needle point & embroidery.

Thanks for a great show.

on Oct 4, 2009 3:05 PM

I am trying to find a pattern for an afghan that Drew Emborsky demonstrated on the show number 200B.  I would love to make it.  It is a version of a ripple and striped afghan.

Dolores

krismort wrote
on Jan 28, 2011 10:35 AM

To those who are having problems downloading the patterns: I use Adobe Reader and have never had a problem. It's free at Adobe.com.

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.