Episode 207: Single Skein

Jan 11, 2009

Explore projects made with a single skein of yarn – they’re fun, portable, quick to finish, and the perfect answer to using your leftover stash.
Sponsored by: WEBS, YarnMarket.com, Trendsetter Yarns, Prism Arts, Inc., and Fiesta Yarns.

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Getting Started: Kathy Elkins introduces Eunny to a variety of yardages possible in a single skein of yarn, and shows off some unique one-skein projects.
Sponsored by WEBS, America’s Yarn Store
/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download Valley Vest
207
207

Designer Spotlight: Join Cheryl Potter as she discusses her design work, and her inspiration for single skein projects.
Sponsored by YarnMarket.com
/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download Yarn Market 207

207

How-To: Laura Bryant and Berry Klein are back with various one skein projects that use open lace-work to make the yarn go further.
Sponsored by Trendsetter Yarns and Prism Arts, Inc

downloadDownload Self Fringed Scarf

downloadDownload Basic Diagonal Scarf

downloadDownload Open Work Scarf

downloadDownload Striped Slique

downloadDownload Drop Stitch Wrap

207
You Asked It: Kathy Elkins answers a common question about fibers that individuals with allergies can use.
Sponsored by WEBS, America’s Yarn Store
207

You Made It: Eunny shows knitters’ versions of The Squatty Sidekick, a knitted and felted bag originally designed by Amanda Berka.
Sponsored by Fiesta Yarns
/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Amanda's Squatty Sidekick

207
207

Comments

ConnieR wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
A lot of these pattern downloads are the same as one of the earlier episodes.
TamaraM@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
Amanda Squatty Sidekick is a great bag and easy to knit. I even finished one. Mine is made out of my handspun yarn. Can't wait to see the episode with all those bags.
Phillis wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I enjoyed the single skein projects. The Drop stitch wrap will be my favorite.Sometimes I just but a single skein to see what I find to make out of it. Thanks.
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I watched Laura Bryant and Berry Klein's episode. Is there a pattern for the scarf in which Laura started stocking knit stitch moved to drop two than drop three stitches. The scarf was a gradual increase of space than an increase to decrease of stitches. Thank you
MyaC wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
the downloads for the following items comes up as the file is damaged and could not be repaired this also happened in another episode with the same files as listed below downloadDownload Self Fringed Scarf downloadDownload Basic Diagonal Scarf downloadDownload Open Work Scarf downloadDownload Striped Slique downloadDownload Drop Stitch Wrap ANY HELP FOR US POSSIBLE, thanks
prcsofwales wrote
Thank you so much for the "Valley Vest" pattern. Diana at hcsstuff@yahoo.com
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
HI, Thank you for a great web site. I would love to open these one skein patterns, but none of them will open. Hoping this is a temporary problem. I'll try again. Thanks, Eleanor
crettig wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I am looking for the baby bolero pattern. I am unable to find it.
Shan wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
Hi I saw the one skein show and was interested in the scarf/wrap that had the 3 stitches knit then 3 with one yarn over, then 2 wraps around the needle 3 times. and then 3 wraps around the needle. I didn't catch the name of it and can't find it
KarenS wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
To knittingfever and Shan, I found the garter stitch multiple wrap scard pattern at the Prism website-www.prismyarn.com. It is free pattern 7 (FP7) and is called "Ruffled Scarf"
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I was looking for the little one skein clutch bags in this episode but don't see them. Can you tell me where to find them please. Thanks. Janice Hewett jlhewett@stny.rr.com
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I too was looking for the pattern for the little one skein bags in the Cathy Elkin segment. whirledpeas@woh.rr.com Thanks Marie Garman
catherine@4 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
Loved this episode! I am looking for the maroon beaded scarf pattern that Eunny features in the first segment of this episode. I have that exact yarn and have been looking for over two years for a scarf pattern! Can you help! cyndimartinez50@gmail.com Thanks
smidget wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
Does anyone know the pattern for the sweater that was shown with the one big skein of yarn. There are patterns for the single skein scarves above but the big ball that was shown at the begining of the segment didn't state the pattern for the sweater.
Char wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I cannot find any place to download the free patterns for the two small single scan bags (pink & blue) that are pictured next to the Green Valley Vest. Can you help with this. Thanks in advance. charduncan@sbcglobal.net April 4, 2009 9:44 a.m.
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I registered but cannot seem to get into anything. The screen says I am not registered. Judith Arnold
jmagyar wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I found the patterns for the small pink and blue clutch bags at this WEBS url: http://www.yarn.com/webs-books-patterns-kits-knitting-patterns-type-bags/webs-knitting-patterns-valley-yarns-212-wild-clover-mini-maxi-clutch/
ChristineM@4 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
Hi, Enjoyed your one skein program and would like to have a copy of the pattern for the shawl or scarf that used sections of one, two and three yarn over wraps to increase the size of the stitches in the shawl. Do you have a download available for that? The explanation on TV was too brief and lacked the details necessary for me to "get" just how she was doing the stitches. thanks so much! Spinabunny!
Teresa@3 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
I am also looking for the wrap from Laura Bryant that is worked in a graduated large open stitch lace--K3, K 1 yo 3 times, K1 2yos 3 times, K1 3 yos 3times. Can you post the pattern?
nibsnknits wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:46 PM
ChristineM & Teresa...I think this is the wrap pattern... http://www.prismyarn.com/images/patterns/fp7.pdf
kmcla67-shop wrote
on Jul 5, 2009 1:19 PM

I am also interested in the yarn over and wraps, which pattern is that and is the pattern for the small clutch available? thanks

QuiltBob wrote
on Jul 7, 2009 2:21 PM

Does anyone know where I can find thepattern for the green scarf in the opening segment that had a cable/lace look?

Bob

Needlewich wrote
on Jul 18, 2009 9:01 AM

I was looking for the Shaped Shawl, but couldn't find the pattern.   Do you have the pattern for this wonderful shawl?   Thanks!

MicheleW@17 wrote
on Dec 7, 2009 12:03 PM

I love the scarf Kathy Elkins?  has on in the segment where they were showing one skein projects.  It is the varigated green scarf with bobbles on the edge.  Please let me know where I can find this pattern.

Thank you!

on Dec 12, 2009 12:59 PM

I have the pattern and I am almost done with my first Sidekick. but I have a question.  In the closure  , last stitches  it sez K4, then work I-cord on these 4 sts

What is I-cord. I can't find it any place in the pattern And I never used it.

Thanks,   I am anxious to finish the little purse. and make some for friends.  I plan to line mine.   Lucille Dillingham  Aurora Co.

on Dec 14, 2009 4:27 PM

Please let me know what an I-cord is It is in the closure on this cute liitle purse.  I am down to that point and don't know what to do.  Help !!! What is an I-cord and what do I do .  THanks  Lucille Dillingham  I lov the little purse and want to finish it ..

on Dec 15, 2009 1:40 PM

Thank You I now can knit an I-cord.  I can finish my cute little Sidekick .

And I joined Ravelery so I can get more info on knitting.

I enjoy your program every time I watch it.  And all the other craft programs.

Lucille

on Feb 11, 2010 12:38 PM

Thank you sooo much for the hint on the safty net for lace work.  I have maculaur degeneration.  So as you can imagine I drop a lot of stiches.  I am in the middle of knitting a lace shawl for my friend.  I have dropped stiches every so and then.  I restarted atleast 6 times.  It is very frustrating and depressing.  The idea of a safty net is Great!  Less pulling apart and more work done...  Donna Cashman

on Feb 11, 2010 12:38 PM

on Feb 11, 2010 12:38 PM

on Feb 11, 2010 12:38 PM

on Nov 26, 2010 1:53 PM

Where can I find the pattern for the little purses at the beginning of this at

Yarn Market?   The blue one and the pink one>

Princey

Verconia wrote
on Jan 11, 2012 12:10 PM

I need to PRINT a copy of the Openwork Scraf on Episode 201 instruction because I am having problems saving to my computer,

I just saw it on MPTV2  this morning.  elesegraywolf@verison.net

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.