Episode 212: Sock Innovations

Jan 11, 2009

We’ve got your feet covered as we explore the world of sock knitting. From popular sock yarns to uncommon cast-ons, you’ll find plenty of inspiration to keep your feet cozy and your hands busy.
Sponsored by: YarnMarket.com, Lorna’s Laces, Fiesta Yarns, Interweave, and TNNA

Purchase this episode on DVD!

Getting Started: Deborah Knight shows Shay some popular sock yarns available on the market.
Sponsored by YarnMarket.com

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download YarnMarket 212

212
212

Designer Spotlight: Cookie A shows off some of her favorite sock designs from Sock Innovations, and demonstrates how to upsize a sock pattern.
Sponsored by Lorna’s Laces

/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/kdtv_5F00_series_5F00_200/icon_2D00_pdfsmall.gif Download Monkey Pattern

212

How-To: It’s back to basics with Eunny as she demonstrates how to knit and sock, which has a confusing construction to anyone who hasn’t ever knitted a sock before.
Sponsored by Fiesta Yarns

212
212

You Asked It: Nancy Bush answers a question about casting-on for socks and demonstrates a stretchy sock cast-on that is popular in Estonia and has many benefits, including a pleasing look.
Sponsored by Interweave

Learn more about Nancy Bush’s books Folk Socks and Folk Knitting in Estonia

212
212

Spotlight: Kim welcomes the Helping Hands Foundation and talks with high school girls that are getting a new generation excited about learning to knit and crochet.
Sponsored by TNNA

212

Comments

BBG wrote
Love all of this
Oath wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
wow! I will try to knick sock one day
Shirley@2 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
I love your show, please keep it on the air. I quilt most of the time, but knitting and crochet are a nice change in my day. I have done both for many years, as my Aunt taught me how to knit and crochet when I was very young, like around 6. I am a self taught quilter, and make many quilts every year. Thanks again, Shirley
Ester Reis wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
I never thought socks could look so good! Great!
srgrams wrote
NannG wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
Because of Knitting Daily I am now a confirmed Sockaholic. Thank you Knitting Daily!!
Patr Kitchen wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
OOOhhhhh how luck you are to have a programme dedicated to knitting - in fact to any sort of craft. In England unless you want to make cards there is nothing. Wool shops and shops for embroidery are a thing of the past here. Any chance of getting the show shown here in England??
DarleneL wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
I tried to download the monkey sock pattern but I kept getting the message that the file was corrupted. Would you please upload it again? Thanks, Darlene
DianeH@5 wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
"You can download the free pattern for the expanded sizing version of the Monkey Socks from our Knitting Daily TV website. " This was a hotlink from Knitting Daily email from 3/25/09. The link doesn't work and I can't find the expanded sizing for the Monkey Socks. Can you help? Diane
GwenC wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
I love the Monkey Sock pattern, and plan on making a pair for my next project. Thank You for the free download. I can't wait. Thanks Again Gwen
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
Please upload again as I cannot download the pattern. I have tried to download other patterns from your site, but the same message comes up. Is your method of uploading causing this problem? Knitter Too
ShantiM wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
Where is the monkey sock? Oh my goodness you can't do this to a Cookie A freakish fan like me waaaa!
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTmonkey.html Found at the above website.
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
The file is still corrupted!! I found it at knitty.com, but it would be nice to have an Acrobat file that is nicer and better formatted without all the web stuff. I can't wait to try this sock.
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
Is Knitting Daily airing in the Colorado Springs area?
Kate M. wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
I tried to get the pattern on Saturday, and flat-out could not find it; today I tried again and was successful! Thank you! This will be my next pair of socks.
Franki wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
why do you and the knitty website ask for email address and password when you want user name and password it is very confusing
SharonS wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
I printed the monkey sock pattern. I am looking forward to knitting them.
EmilyK wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
I cannot catch that stretchy basic cast-on for socks, as demonstrated by Nancy Bush. It seems to be the perfect way to start a sock.
Trinityknits wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
Where is the Monkey Socks pattern on your site? So frustrated....
Helen Thomas wrote
on Jan 11, 2009 5:36 AM
Great Show. I would like to lear how to knitt. Also, what is helping hands?
dragonmama wrote
on Jun 27, 2009 4:31 PM

I don't see how you can say that the downloads are free when you require that we give you valuable information  (e.g. our email address and name) before you let us download anything.

Hibbingchick wrote
on Jul 20, 2009 8:01 PM

What type of double pointed needles does Eunny Jang use?  I've seen her use colored, metal needles on several episodes, yet I cannot find them online anywhere!  Does anyone know?

on Aug 3, 2009 6:54 AM

I use Boye or Susan Bates needles.  I find them either at JoAnn's or at Michaels.

eileen-s wrote
on Jan 7, 2010 12:48 AM

looking for download of the socks from this episode (not the monkey pattern) eunny mentioned on episode that left sock is different from right ...I thought she said the pattern was online, but i only see the picture, not the pattern.

theatheatre wrote
on Sep 3, 2010 1:19 PM

I love the Knitting Daily TV show!  Is there a way to download the Estonian cast on method demonstrated by Nancy Bush?

Thank you!

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.