Episode 310 Blankets and Afghans

Jul 17, 2009

Afghans, throws, and baby blankets are always popular projects with fiber crafters, especially for beginners because they require minimal finishing. On Knitting Daily episode 310, you’ll learn how to make two afghans—one knitted, one crocheted.

Getting Started –
Let’s get back to basics! Eunny gives a lesson on how to knit a blanket using a long, circular needle. Plus, she gives tips for managing such a large piece of fabric. Download 13 tips and tricks for improving your knitting, from Series 300.

Designer Spotlight –
Kathy Merrick, designer and author of Crochet in Color (Interweave, 2009), joins Kim to demonstrate the Urchins and Limpets blanket, a textural, fun, and easy-to-crochet design that uses pops of color for added interest.

How-To –
Kathy Elkins from WEBs yarn store is on-hand with a knitted blanket design, the Illusion Cube Blanket. This stunning design is actually simple to knit, using garter stitch hexagons and simple finishing techniques, which Kathy demonstrates. The results are an amazing array of color that looks a lot more complicated than it is.

Did You Know? –
Kim offers tips for preserving and cleaning heirloom projects and children’s blankets. Eucalan’s new travel size care items are perfect for knitters and crocheters on the go!

SPONSORS –
Interweave, CNS Yarns, WEBS, Eucalan

Comments

sewnlady wrote
on Jul 19, 2009 7:10 AM

looking for the motif afghan by Kathleen Sams

on Nov 25, 2009 7:51 AM

Where can I find the brochade afghan pattern that was shown on your tv program on November 25, 2009  I checked on your site and could not find it. Please email me at camcallister2001@yahoo.com

on Jan 8, 2010 10:36 AM

looking for crochet pattern with checkerboard pattern

Gam wrote
on Jan 11, 2010 2:44 PM

Looking for the cube pattern that was supposed to be on the web site.  Not good at the computer, so I just might not know where to look for the pattern.

Kathy Elkin's Illusion Cube Blanket.

Thanks

suzane@2 wrote
on Feb 5, 2010 1:01 PM

Looking for directions for Ripple afghan shown recently: both knit and crochet were on the program

on Aug 12, 2010 12:48 PM

I'm looking for the directions by Kathleen Sams for the knitted afghan that was on TV yesterday, August 11th.  She kept saying you could download the pattern from the puter. I cannot find where.  Please help, I would love to start this knitted wave like stitch asap.  Thank you...Carol

on Feb 2, 2011 9:17 AM

Can someone explain "sc into  side of last sc of prev round". I'm new to crocheting and I can't figure this out.

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.