Episode 409 - Creative Scarves

Jan 21, 2010

Expect to be surprised with the creative scarves in this episode of Knitting Daily TV. From unusual stitch patterns to whimsical Shibori felting, these scarves are anything but plain!

Preview episode 409:

Back to Basics:
Eunny shows you how to choose a stitch pattern and scale to make a great custom, one-of-a-kind scarf. Download tips and tricks for better knitting from guests and experts on Series 400.

Designer Spotlight:
Meet designer Carol Huber Cypher, author of Handfelted Jewelry and Beads (Interweave) on location with Shay. She demonstrates creative felting techniques for making a scarf.

Crochet Corner:
Kristin presents a tutorial on the placement of stitches. She shows how working into chain spaces, working around the stem of a stitch and working in between stitches can create a great effect. Download the pattern for the Crochet Loop-Cable Vest from Coats and Clark and Redheart Yarns.

How-To:
Meet author and designer Mas Kandis with a truly unique scarf, knit from recycled strips of silk – an eco-friendly and inexpensive project that uses up old clothing. Download Mags Kandis’ recycled silk scarf pattern from Knitting Green (Interweave, 2010).

Get the entire Series 400 of Knitting Daily TV on a 4-Disc DVD Collection! Click here to purchase DVDs of this season or previous seasons of Knitting Daily TV.

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, felting, and spinning. The show guides viewers in learning to make fun yet smart one-of-a-kind designs using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Click here to find the PBS station nearest you airing the program. (You can enter your zip code or click "view all schedules/get listings" to see all the cities that air the show and when.)

Knitting Daily TV is airing on PBS stations nationwide and new markets are being added to the schedule all the time. Each individual public television station chooses when and if to air the program. If it is not airing in your local market, please call, write, or email and let them that know you are a viewer of the station and would like to see Knitting Daily TV. You can help bring Knitting Daily TV to your local PBS Station. Thank you!

Comments

aasenora wrote
on Mar 23, 2010 1:01 PM

Where can i find the pattern for the candlelight stitch pattern? I have been looking but i guess in all the wrong places. It must be very popular but i have no idea how to do it.

carol@391 wrote
on Apr 12, 2010 8:45 AM

do you have the copy of the candlelight scarf pattern to share????

ellenalonso wrote
on Apr 13, 2010 12:46 PM

Where can I find the pattern for the candlelight scarf?

pporce wrote
on Apr 30, 2010 8:52 PM

I searched and found these 2 sites with the pattern-www.thisisknit.ie/CandlelightV1.pdf and

www.flickr.com/.../3744581973

Good luck, I'm also going to try this out

Sharronrae wrote
on May 1, 2010 5:26 PM

Many of the patterns I cannot find that you have demonstrated on your show.  The candlelight pattern and also the one that was purple (can't remember the name) but it was like cables but not really.  I would like to know where I can get these patterns and not be frustrated as I guess I am looking in the wrong places.  If it is not going to be on the website I would appreciate letting us know when it shows on your TV program. The patterns for the crochet portion are they located somewhere????? Thanks so much!  Love your show and all the details.

on May 15, 2010 3:20 PM

Like many others, I am interested in the Candlelight pattern.   Where can I find it?

AAngel wrote
on May 29, 2010 9:05 AM

Looking for #409 one of the kind scarves patterns. Please e-mail information to me. Thanks. Love your show so much. It's so awesome.

ArielL wrote
on May 29, 2010 10:23 AM

I loved this as well. It looks like the Candle Flame Shawl pattern by Dean Crane from web.archive.org/.../CANDLE.HTM

Kathy H@3 wrote
on Jun 9, 2010 8:42 PM

I agree with SharronRae -

It sounded on TV like all these patterns would be on the web site.

on May 1, 2010 5:26 PM

dhender746 wrote
on Jun 12, 2010 8:40 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to get the instructions for the Candlelight Pattern and the Honeycomb Brioche pattern.

As you can see alot of us would love dearly to have a copy of the following one or two items.  I could not find the candlelight anywhere not even at Ravelry or any where on the internet.

Eunny Jang, would you please make us happy and let us have a copy of those beautiful pattern you were knitting.  The candlelight and Honeycomb Bricohe would make beautiful graduation gifts.

Here is my email address and thank you once again.

dhender746@gmail.com

Debra

robin@73 wrote
on Jun 19, 2010 9:14 PM

I agree!  I would love to see the patterns for all of these scarfs!

grwhitehead wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 4:15 PM

Where can I find the patterns for the three scarves on show 409. Please e-mail the information to me. Thanks

grwhitehead wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 4:15 PM

OliviaB wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 11:16 PM

Hello,

I have also been looking repeatedly and in the wrong places too! Perhaps you did not realize how nice these scarves were?  I would like to know how to get the patterns for all the scarves that appeared on this show! Thank you!

Emma@13 wrote
on Sep 16, 2010 11:15 AM

I also would love to get the stitch pattern for the Honeycomb scarf.  I hope you realize how frustrating it is to watch your great TV show and then not be able to get the patterns for the items you demonstrate.

LaurieBrown wrote
on Oct 10, 2010 12:19 PM

I am another viewer who thought I could come to the website and download the scarf patterns displayed on the show.  Much to my disappointment, and after a lengthy search, I could not find any patterns for the scarves shown on Episode 409.  Please let us know the secret of obtaining these patterns.  Thanks so much.

gofish wrote
on Oct 17, 2010 9:15 AM

Could I have a copy of the Candlelight scarf pattern that was demomstrated in the #409 show ?   Thanks!   I enjoy your show and look forward to it every week!

Judee wrote
on Oct 20, 2010 4:03 PM

The stitch pattern for the Candlelight sample is from

thewalkertreasury.wordpress.com/.../candlelight-pattern

on Nov 13, 2010 11:57 AM

I would like a copy of Creative Scarves #409.  Please email this to me.  I can't seem to get at it from just looking at the Episode 409 on your site.  What am I doing wrong?  This site is new to me.

Thank you.

mmmhnrc2@hotmail.com

JudyM@22 wrote
on Jan 16, 2011 9:09 AM

I also have been searching for the scarf patterns from Episode #409 (particularly the light blue lace scarf). Is this pattern available, even for purchase?

Thank you.

jmessenger56@cox.net

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.