Episode 609 - Simply Intriguing

Jan 25, 2011

Intriguing knitwear can challenge or fascinate--but most of all it's never boring. On this episode of Knitting Daily TV, host Eunny Jang and experts Kristin Omdahl and Shay Pendray take a look at some intriguing techniques that you, the viewers, have asked them to examine in more detail. From Brioche knitting to knitting with oversized needles, join us on Knitting Daily TV for techniques and tips to becoming a better knitter.

Watch a preview of episode 609:

Getting Started:

Eunny demonstates Brioche knitting, and three techniques to get you started. First, she'll show you the basic, one-color stitch, then the honeycomb brioche in one color, and finally the basic brioche stitch using two colors of yarn. Learn these tips and more with your free download of 22 Techniques for Knitters of All Levels.
If you want to learn more about Brioche stitch, the entire Series 600 DVD set includes a never-aired bonus segment on Brioche with an in-depth look at more advanced techniques.
Sponsored by Interweave.

Designer Spotlight:

Eunny is on location with Amy Butler, a designer that got her start in the sewing world. She brings her fresh approach of color to the yarn industry with her new line of yarns, distributed by Westminster Fibers. Hear Amy's point of view on design, and see her color combinations.
Sponsored by Westminster Fibers.

Crochet Edgings and Trims:

On this episode's Crochet Corner, Kristin is back with Shay to talk about crochet edgings. She shows multiple ways to use crochet edgings as tiers on fabric for a feminine, ruffled effect. The Geisha wrap and Blaze scarf garments shown in this segment are from Kristin's book Wrapped in Crochet.
Sponsored by Interweave.

How-To:

Becca Smith is back with Shay for more intriguing knitwear. Becca demonstrates big-stitch knitting with oversized needles. She'll show how quick and easy it is to knit one fantastic vest when you're working on size 50, or 20 inch needles. Download your free pattern for the Big-Stitch vest, seen on this segment.
Sponsored by The BagSmith.

Quick Tip:

Eunny is back to demonstrate sound advice on ripping your knitting to any point you'd like--without dropping a single stitch! For more great tips, download your free eBook of 22 Techniques for Knitters of All Levels.
Sponsored by Interweave.

Get the entire Series 600 of Knitting Daily TV on a 4-Disc DVD Collection! Click here to purchase DVDs of this season or previous seasons of Knitting Daily TV.

ABOUT THE SHOW: Knitting Daily TV is an exciting needle crafts how-to program on public television covering everything from knitting and crochet to stitching, felting, and spinning. The show guides viewers in learning to make fun yet smart one-of-a-kind designs using the latest products in yarn and fiber. Download free patterns, meet trendsetting knit and crochet designers, and improve or learn new skills and techniques.

Click here to find the PBS station nearest you airing the program. (You can enter your zip code or click "view all schedules/get listings" to see all the cities that air the show and when.)

Knitting Daily TV is airing on PBS stations nationwide and new markets are being added to the schedule all the time. Each individual public television station chooses when and if to air the program. If it is not airing in your local market, please call, write, or email and let them that know you are a viewer of the station and would like to see Knitting Daily TV. You can help bring Knitting Daily TV to your local PBS Station. Thank you!

Comments

SimMiles wrote
on Jan 25, 2011 9:09 AM

That is some really good information.

jpwilliard wrote
on Mar 29, 2011 6:13 AM

Okay, I am frustrated.  On episode 609, when Shay and Kristen were demonstrating the shawl with added crochet edgings, Shay said that the pattern would be on the website. I cannot find it.  I can find Kristen's book to purchase, but not the shawl with the crochet edgings.  Where is it? What to I click on to find that pattern?

Thanks,

J

luke1 wrote
on Apr 2, 2011 2:04 PM

4-2-2011

i'm also looking for episode 609, wanting to find out information on the shawl and the edgeing on bottom of garment

can you please help me.

jfd29@comcast.net

thanks

Tessa20723 wrote
on Apr 7, 2011 6:27 AM

My daughter loves the pink purse with the layered edging that Kristen shows on this episode.  Where get I get/buy that pattern?  I would appreciate the help.  Thanks

taurina59 wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 3:17 PM

I have the same requests these ladies have, I can't find the shawl pattern and I also loved the purse and would like that pattern.  Can you please post it on your web site?

loishale wrote
on Apr 20, 2011 9:59 AM

I am also looking for the pattern at crochet from 609, where did you put it?

nancy@272 wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 5:49 PM

ditto  i would also like the pattern for the crochet purse edgings.  nancy

on Jul 13, 2011 3:24 PM

I am looking for the shawl pattern from show 609 which they said would be available from Kristin Omdahl.  Can you tell me where I can get it.

mlk23@live.com

bunny@16 wrote
on Sep 5, 2011 3:46 PM

I see we are all in the same boat.  I too am looking for the shawl with the pretty edging that they said would be on the web.  Where is it????????????

Thanks,

C

ottersl@pacbell.net

pahinojosa wrote
on May 28, 2012 11:00 AM

Not fair to say that the pattern of the crochet shawl will be on the web when it is not.Same thing happened with another crochet scarf. It seems to me that no one reads the comments

Shirley Knez wrote
on Aug 9, 2012 2:34 PM

Hi!  I am with everyone else writing a comment about where the patterns are.  I like the purse pattern.  Where can I find it.  Thank You!

hillmp wrote
on Nov 14, 2012 3:35 PM

I would love to see the pattern for the cute honeycomb Brioche hat that Eunny shows at the beginning of the Getting Started segment, but they don't mention on the site any reference to the pattern or what publication has the pattern.

seamroy17 wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 5:04 PM

I too am looking for the pattern for the pink purse from episode 609. Where can I get it? Is it available for purchase?

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.