Episode 1705

Jun 26, 2008

Ogee-Oh-My Afghan

Ogee-Oh-My Afghan - Needle Arts Studio
Kathleen Sams from Coats and Clark is back once again with the Ogee-Oh-My Afghan, for crocheters to drool for. The pattern and materials that Kathleen is using in this episode are available online at www.coatsandclark.com.
Coats & Clark
Consumer Services
PO Box 12229
Greenville, SC 29612-1479
(800) 648-1479
www.coatsandclark.com

Needlework by Women

Needlework by Women - Needle Arts Studio
Gail Sirna, author of In Praise of Needlewomen: Embroiderers, Knitters, Lacemakers, and Weavers in Artvisits and shows off some beautiful needlepoint. Read more about Gail’s work and book.
Merrell Publishers
740 Broadway
Suite 1202
New York, NY 10003
www.merrellpublishers.com

Distributed by Perseus
(800) 343-4499
orderentry@perseusbooks.com.

Lace Knitting

Lace Knitting - Needle Arts Studio

Iris Schreier, author of Lacy Little Knits, stops by with lace knitting techniques to share, as well as some of the lacy garments from her book.
Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
387 Park Avenue South
New York, New York 10016
Phone: (212) 532-7160
www.sterlingpublishing.com

Comments

sewjo14 wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
I have tried to download 1705 episode, but I can't seem to get anywhere. I click on "full episode discreption and downloads and it gets me back to this page with just the picture of the 105 episode and the comments at the bottom of the page. Please tell me what else I need to do to download the patterns. They tell you on Needle Arts Studio program that the pattern is on the internet at Knitting Daily, it doesn't do you anygood if you can't download. Thank you! Sewjo14@hotmail.com
mamemb wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
how do you bring up esp. 1705 -directions for ogee oh my afghan by k. sams -will not come up on coats /clarks
mamemb wrote
murphyslaw wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
I had no problem downloading the pattern. Can't wait to stitch it up. Thank You!! Murphyslaw
ccb2200 wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
I get an error message when I try to access Coats and Clark website. Is there a problem with it? Thank You!
lmoss wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
this does not work for downloads...I have had more trouble with this site than any other I have ever tried...disappointed!
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
Hi guys. I got the download. I just went to www.coatsandclark.com. Couldn't find it at first so I typed the name of the afghan into the search box and it took me to the link for it. Here is the link to the download page... http://www.coatsandclark.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=476&page_id=854272&query=Ogee+Oh+My&hiword=My+Ogee+Oh+ When you get to that page you will see a link in red letters that says... free pattern instructions (pdf) Right click on that link and a menu will drop down. Click on 'SAVE AS' on the drop down menu and save it to where ever you want on your hard drive.
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
Hi, I just tried to find this afghan at the Coats and Clarks website and it's no longer there, apparently. Could they have removed it? Too bad because it looks really nice and easy. The search by name comes up with nothing and I looked at all their free crochet afghan patterns and this is not one of them. If anyone has another way to get to it, please let us all know!!! Thanks!
Judy@11 wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
I found at coats and clarks.....after you click on the above link under the picture then scroll down to tv projects then go to page 6 and it is at the bottom of the page....or you can try this http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/TV+Projects/WTV1705+Ogee+Oh+My.htm Hope this helps you. Good luck, God Bless!
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
Judy, Your link worked and I got the pattern. Thanks so much!
Jane@4 wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
I would so love to see this demonstrated again. Does anyone have a source where I can purchase the video of #1705 - or at least the afghan portion of the program? Jane hawkinsja@friends.edu
SamaraG wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
More Iris Shreirer, please!
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
I got the Ogee Oh My afghan pattern, my mother crocheted the motifs and couldn't understand the instructions for putting them together, and neither can I. Is there any way to purchase the DVD of this Needle Arts Studio program so I can see it done again?
on Jun 26, 2008 11:11 AM
For anyone else who struggled with the afghan pattern. I just got the latest Coats and Clarks newsletter and there was a picture of the same pattern done up as a throw (and given a slightly different name). I downloaded that pattern and sure enough, it's the same as the Ogee Oh My Afghan except that the "Finishing" part of the instructions has been rewritten. So maybe I wasn't the only one having problems. I'm now successfully (I think) putting mine together -- problem solved. I'd still like to get DVD's of Needle Arts Studio though as I enjoyed the programs when they aired.

Copyright © 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.