Knitted Lace of Estonia with Nancy Bush DVD

Oct 7, 2010

Knitted Lace of Estonia with Nancy Bush DVD

Discover the beauty of Estonian lace knitting with Nancy Bush through this free knitting pattern for the “Lily of the Valley Scarf.” Exclusive to Knitted Lace of Estonia DVD, this pattern features three edge variations—garter edge, traditional sewn-on edge, and modern picked up edge. Following Nancy’s expertly-crafted pattern, you’ll create a scarf featuring the classic construction and beautiful tradition of lace-making.

DOWNLOADS:

Classic Lily of the Valley Scarf

Comments

nanciebush wrote
on Jun 27, 2014 12:41 PM

Love the book and dvd. Your instructions are very clear. Having difficulty getting all the nupps the same, but will continue practicing. My fathers mothers family came from Lithuania in 1905 and hope they knitted similarly. I am excited to try many of the shawls working on Lily of the Valley Scarf now. Thanks again for the history of Estonia and the knitting. Can't wait for more.

Nancie Bush

ermann wrote
on Apr 23, 2012 2:20 PM

I enjoyed your dvd but am wondering where can I purchase the pattern for the shawl that is on the cover?

on Mar 30, 2011 2:30 AM

Love the book and DVD, can't wait to work on it. Retired and able to sit and knit for hours. Will be waiting for the next book to come out.

Your instructions were wonderful also and I was intense with the whole DVD.

Teri Casteel    from Cotati, ca

on Mar 30, 2011 2:28 AM

Dear Nancy,

WOW, like the other posts about the book and DVD I have to say that I was so intense in watching the video and understood everything totally. Thank you so much for wonderful instructions for a person who had to have a hands on instruction. I can not wait to get my yarn and start on my scarf. I also am very happy to see that I can also have written instructions for the project as reading a chart is a little hard for me. I am however going to give it a try as it looks like you have covered all issues and easy to read.

I loved your voice and musice as well and sat thru the whole video as could not stop. I can not wait to see the next book you publish. I will be waiting for it.

Thank goodness I am retired and have all the time in the world to work on this project and share with friends and give gifts from the hands and heart as well.

Teri Casteel   Cotati, Ca

DLSC wrote
on Mar 6, 2011 3:51 PM

Dear Nancy,

I just purchased and watched the DVD from the Shawls of Estonia book.  Your directions were clear and demonstrated in a way that I "got it".  Thank you for all of your efforts to make this process so much more understandable.  The DVD was great and I am no longer afraid of the Nupp!

I look forward to more DVDs from you.

Best regards, Deborah Casadei

Laurel White wrote
on Jan 19, 2011 6:15 PM

Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for your book and video, I also knit the way you do with one exception. I always do a crochet cast on because it makes a pretty edge, I've always loved knitted lace, but never as much as I do now since finding your book at the interweave store.

I live in Milton Ontario, Canada

Thanks again Laurel White

pritha wrote
on Nov 17, 2010 1:43 PM

Dear Nancy,

I bought the book with the DVD ,Oh what a treat to watch you teach with so much love for the traditional laces of Estonia.I have been watching the DVD since the mail arrived.A pleasure to watch and you got me all laced up!yes I just down loaded the pattern you taught and am going to knit,with the birch needles my mother gave me.I am so glad you my mom and I knit the "oldway,the english way"

I am from srilanka and now live in california with my husband an interventional cardiologist and my lovely twins Kisha and Narmada ,12 years old in 9th grade.

Thanks for making such a nice DVD very homely!!!

sincerely