Enter the Cotton Classic and Cotton Classic Lite
COLORPLAY Reader Challenge
Test your creative skills in our COLORPLAY Reader Challenge to win a rainbow of yarn valued at $250! This spring, Tahki Yarns challenges you to create a multi-colored scarf using at least 4 colors of Cotton Classic or Cotton Classic Lite. Readers cast their votes to choose the most creative knit scarf and the most creative crochet scarf!
Here's how the COLORPLAY Reader Challenge works:
DOWNLOAD and PRINT: To choose your scarf pattern, simply click on one of the images below to download a FREE knit or crochet scarf pattern, created especially for the COLORPLAY Reader Challenge by designer Kristin Omdahl.
You can also design your own COLORPLAY scarf. Just make sure you use at least four colors of Cotton Classic or Cotton Classic Lite, and make your scarf at least 6" wide by 52" long, excluding fringe.
BE INSPIRED: Choose your yarn colors by clicking on Cotton Classic to pick from over 135 shades, or click on Cotton Classic Lite for 41 shades of the lightweight version of America's Favorite Yarn. Then let your creative juices run wild. You'll need to choose at least four colors for your entry, but you don't have to stop there-use as many colors as you want!
SHOP: Purchase the yarn for your scarf at your LYS or go to our website www.tahkistacycharles.com (where all orders are filled by retailers). On your pattern download, you'll see a coupon good for 10% off your Cotton Classic or Cotton Classic Lite yarn purchased for the COLORPLAY Reader Challenge at participating retailers (2/15/2011 to 3/25/2011).
CAST ON: The sooner you finish your scarf, the longer time you'll have to earn votes — so get busy knitting and crocheting!
RULES — GUIDELINES — VOTING
1) Starting February 15, please post photos of your completed project on Knitting Daily. Knit projects should be posted in the COLORPLAY Knit photo gallery, and Crochet projects in the COLORPLAY Crochet photo gallery. To enter, upload the full image and a description, including the colors of Cotton Classic or Cotton Classic Lite used in your scarf. Winners will be contacted by April 8, 2011.
2) You may submit up to three separate entries.
3) Voting will commence on the site February 15, in the COLORPLAY photo gallery. Members of the Knitting Daily community can vote for as many entrants as they like, but they can only vote for each entrant once. You may continue to upload your project images through March 30, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
4) On Friday, April 1st at 12:00 p.m. EDT voting will close and the knit entry and crochet entry with the most votes will each receive their choice of 40 skeins of COTTON CLASSIC or COTTON CLASSIC LITE valued at over $250.
5) Due to national and international laws regarding prizes, the COLORPLAY Reader Challenge is open to U.S. residents only, and participants must be at least 18 years of age.
6) Note: By submitting your challenge entry, you are authorizing Interweave Press LLC to publish your project in upcoming publications and promotional materials, on our website, and in other Interweave e-media, as well as to display it at shows. Interweave Press LLC will not be held responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond our control. We may ask you to ship the scarf to us, and we reserve the right to keep and display your COLORPLAY knitted or crocheted scarf until the week of October 15, 2011.
EVERYONE WINS! For each entry posted for the COLORPLAY Reader Challenge, Tahki Stacy Charles will make a donation to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, to help eradicate breast cancer.
GOOD LUCK! We can't wait to see what inspired creations you'll come up with for our COLORPLAY Reader Challenge.