Comments on TV Show

This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Macuhica wrote
on Aug 5, 2008 5:16 PM

Got DVDs, viewed them all within two days. Mhmh, mhmhh, where to start. Concept is very likeable, topics interesting, but ...

Music is awful and annoying, repeats of sponsors as well. Production-wise things could be made tighter and livelier (that's my professional opinion being a tv-radio producer).

Maybe some changes in cast would also be welcome: e.g. not everyone has to do everything (maybe Kim should stick to crochet?), Shay should retire gracefully. Eunny excellent in front of camera! (use her more since the other three are akward and often looking in wrong direction, searching for words and abruptly cutting their guests when time is up).

Why is there no time/room for a person who actually does KnittingDaily? Meaning, Sandi.

Finally, change those guests; no need for the same two women to push their merchandise through all 12 episodes.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
kcrochet wrote
on Aug 22, 2008 9:47 PM

I've only watched the first 2 episodes, but I taped them and watched each twice.  I agree the music is annoying and the list of sponsors feels like it takes forever.  I like Shay and I want her to continue to be on the show!  I do agree Eunny seems very comfortable on camera.

I noticed some little details that I thought could give the wrong impression of how to do things...In the segment on beading it looked like the beginning knot was made on the outside of the garment.  In the segment on measuring a garment that fits you well, they used
 a top with gathers, and measured over the folded gathers, which is not going to be very accurate.  Seems to me these should have been corrected.

To demonstrate specific techniques, I think it would be much easier to see if they used larger yarn and needles.  It's nice to see the garments made in finer yarns, but hard to see.  I agree with the other post about camera angle making it very hard to see.

Last but not least, there is very little crochet in the topics listed for all the episodes, and I'm very disappointed about that.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
KnitPurlGurl wrote
on Sep 9, 2008 9:00 AM

I was so disappointed by the show.  There are so many wonderful knitters/weavers/designers on the show and they are wasted space.  The non-stop product placement is a pain.  The segments are so quick and really don't instruct well.  The entire show should focus on 1 segment: "Today we will learn..."  Instead of learning 5 things about cables, why not spend the time teaching cables in depth?  The hosts assume alot about the knitters watching the show: completely leaving out the newbie knitter.  It is a turn off to anyone who is just getting started in this art.

They should take a cue from Knitty Gritty: use a knitting cam; go slow; don't jump around; have ONE interesting guest that really instructs on ONE project.  Otherwise, this show will be a 30 minute commerical for Yarn Market.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Marty wrote
on Sep 24, 2008 3:38 PM

You said it in a nutshell! It's just too much crammed into a halfhour episode. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on Sep 29, 2008 11:13 AM

Really interesting comments, everyone. Thanks for taking the time! I will send the link to this thread to the producers and that way your comments will reach the right folks.

Again, thanks. We learn so much from you!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
varietys2005 wrote
on Sep 29, 2008 3:22 PM

Yes .Char here in Minnesota .My Mom and i watch every time we can always,,and love exspecially the knitting and crochetting ive been knitting since i was 7 and my mom lot longer so we do olove to knitt so much so got my own small shop,,,keep the shows coming always learning cant wait to check out your dvd.s   totally twisted here in Minnesota.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
on Oct 13, 2008 10:11 PM

You are so right!  I was looking forward to this shows debut, but they need to overhaul it.

Beverly

http://beverlysyarncrazy.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
Carol Y wrote
on Oct 15, 2008 2:27 PM

I finally discovered that the show was airing on one of my stations. I was hopeful that it would exceed my expectations, but I was a little disappointed. Still hopeful though, because there is always room for improvement, and hey! it's better than no tv show at all! I have some critiques, but I was wondering if there would be a survey on it in the near future. It might be good if the producers had feedback from more than a half dozen people.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Pam@15 wrote
on May 26, 2009 10:19 PM

I would like to see the Show number at the beginning of each show or a block in a corner throughout the show. I agree the sponsors and music is a bit much but i have taped each show and have watched each show twice so far.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
CorneliaB wrote
on May 28, 2009 6:22 AM

I am posting this feedback on the TV show in general.  The music drives me crazy.  The segments are too short and all I can think of is when the host is going to cut off the guest.  They look like that's all they are thinking about, too.  I'd soooo much prefer to have less content crammed in but have it in a little more detail.  It just too superficial to be interesting.  I like the people on the show, they seem very nice.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LavenderSea wrote
on Jul 8, 2009 8:15 AM

I couldn't find any feedback links - poor web etiquette.

As for what's been said in this forum, I like the show the way it is, thank-you-very-much.

Here is what I wanted to send as feedback:

In episode 207 which aired last Saturday, Kathy Elkins talked about non-wool yarns that people with allergies can use. I am allergic to wool, so I appreciated the segment. In particular, she mentioned what each was made from. I didn't know that Tynsil (sp?) was made from birch. I am much more allergic to birch than to wool. The last thing I need is to get some, start a project and be incapacitated. Thank you for providing the information I need to keep that from happening!

Martha Quick

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Sandielynne wrote
on Oct 8, 2009 4:28 PM

I would like to ask a question.

Is there some way I can view the show on my computer?

I ask this because I can't get Knitting Daily TV on my PBS station.  They don't carry it. 

I would enjoy seeing it if there was some way that were possible.

Thank you,

Sandie

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS