Free Patterns area needs some work!

This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
JanL Idea [I] wrote
on Aug 21, 2008 4:51 PM

Could you PLEASE list the free patterns in a similar format to the ones you sell?? I hate this format. If it's not on the first page you have to keep clicking pages till you find it. That is incredibly annoying! I love KD so I hope you consider this!

Jan

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LiisaT wrote
on Aug 22, 2008 11:28 AM

Yes!!!I agree with JanL.  Also, I don't get to read KnittingDaily,daily. Sometimes its Knitting Weekly, and then its a case of catch up if you can.  So then I miss the freebies that have a time limit, This isn't fair.  Thanks.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lilygirl wrote
on Aug 23, 2008 11:12 AM

JanL:

Could you PLEASE list the free patterns in a similar format to the ones you sell?? I hate this format. If it's not on the first page you have to keep clicking pages till you find it. That is incredibly annoying! I love KD so I hope you consider this!

Jan

Good Grief! I thought it was just me, but I have aimlessly roamed here time after time, trying to find a pattern or even get help (like on a pattern from the last Crochet mag) and I am thinking that no one is alive here.

So...I thought one had to join the site, so I did that. But yeah, there is still no real help. Pretty disappointed, y'all.

Lil

Not Ranked
Posts 9
bsteph wrote
on Aug 24, 2008 3:01 AM

I prefer the pattern guide KD had in the first format. This current index of tags is too cool for this uncool brain. Anything KD can do to make the interface and sort easier, please?

knittywitty 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
DorothyL wrote
on Aug 26, 2008 5:24 PM

Jan - are you receiving any replies to your questions. I posted this question on another site here and wondered if the answers were being emailed. Is the object of this forum for the other users to answer the questions - who is in charge?

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Macuhica wrote
on Aug 29, 2008 9:57 AM

I have noticed that there rarely are any answers to our posts/questions. Honestly, it is turning me away from KD whose loyal member I was since its inception. To me, Knitter's Review does much better job.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
MimiS wrote
on Aug 29, 2008 6:40 PM

I have also posted a question regarding shaping the Confectionary Tank and have not had any replies. I will briefly repeat it--can I convert to to a knit in the round and can I do some waist shaping without destroying the pattern?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
JanL wrote
on Sep 13, 2008 10:27 AM

I have to come here to see any replies, but that may be my settings. I don't know. I know that it appears no one is listening to this particular topic. Angry

Mimi, I don't know the answer to your question, but if you are on Ravelry you might check there and/or knittinghelp.com. You'll get your answers quickly usually in both those places.

ETA: I am going to post the original request in the Knitting Daily thread. Maybe it will get noticed there. Confused

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi wrote
on Sep 29, 2008 10:48 AM

I'm here, or at least...I'm back. The whole moving thing severely cut into my forum time, I am sorry!

I love the suggestion about putting the free patterns into the same kind of layout as the store ones. It's two different kinds of software, so let me chat with the tech folks and see what can be done.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
JanL wrote
on Sep 30, 2008 10:31 PM

smileys (24)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
JanL wrote
on Nov 28, 2008 9:56 AM

Okay, how hard can this be?? You have the code for the shop section so can someone please make the free patterns more accessible? Confused Pleeeeeeasssseee!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
BarbaraR@2 wrote
on Dec 12, 2008 5:35 PM

I would also like to suggest that when you do a search for a pattern you might be able to do it by yarn weight. I buy yarn I love without a pattern in mind,then it takes me forever to find a pattern to match. Maybe it's just me, but that would really be great. Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SpiderWoman wrote
on Dec 17, 2008 11:01 AM

My problem with the free patterns is that the PDFs cannot be opened on my computer.  I have a 64-bit Vista system and have tried using both Adobe's product and Foxit.  Both give the same error message, saying that the file is not the right format.

This is very frustrating, and has prevented me from trying to purchase patterns, since I have to assume that they won't be readable.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
moonfire wrote
on Jan 9, 2009 7:40 AM

This might help.

I use the firefox browser, after signing in to KD, right click on the PDF link, and choose 'Open in IE tab'

I was recieving the same error you are, but using the IE tab fixed the problem for me.

SmileCool

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
JanL wrote
on Mar 25, 2009 12:26 PM

Those who responded and myself are not the only ones who feel the pattern section needs updating to an easier format, but it's been almost a year since I posted the first time and nothing has changed. 

I've pretty much given up looking at patterns or posting here since it's rare that anyone in charge even bothers to reply to messages based on my post and what others have said.. Not a good way to run a business if you ask me. Confused

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS